SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux/Badgers

Siouxdonyms

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

#@@$%^&%&^*(T*&&^W$E%^%^&(*Y&T*&%$^ER^*^RE$%$QW%$@$EW%&*^&(*&^TR^%%#@$!$%$WE%^%W$@#^&%&((*(^%&%$#%@#$&^%^%*&(&(*&%^$^%#%$#%*^%^*&^(&^$#$#&^%$^(&*^&*%*^#$#$*&^(&%^(*%$*^#&%#$$*^%&)(*&^)*(&^$#&$%#&%^%$()&*&^*(%$$#@@$#*%^&(&*(&^(*%$&$@$&%$%(*&^)*&^%$%*$#@#&*^%^)(*&^*%$^$#@^#@#&%$(*)(*&&)^%*&^%#$^%#@$#^@$%*^%&*)^%(&*%#^#%@^#%$#*&(^%*)^(*%$#&$@^$#@#&^*%$*&^&)(^%%##^@&$%*&)^)%%##@$**&^^%*%$#%#^@%$&%%*&^%%*#@##&$%$%(*&^)*%*%^#@$#$*&(*^&^%*#%$@#$@%$^$%*&^&)^^$$@#$@#$^%^%^&^%^$&#$@#$%$%^&%

I'm soooo pissed after watching this game. This is a game that Hak said "this is not the time to get negative".

I disagree. UND is now having a losing season. They got swept at home - again.

I believe it is time to shake this team up. They need some kind of butt kicking to get them going up to their potential.

Right nowl they are not even close.

This year the coaches have many problems on their hands. The last two years it was often difficult to figure out why the team wasn't winning. This year it is easy. No goaltending, defensive breakdowns, untimely penalties and a lack of production from the big guns. It will be interesting to hear how DH tries to put a positive spin on this weekend.

Hak post-game comments:

Can't make the two mistakes in the 3rd. Critical mistake, jumping on the ice for the "Too Many Men." Very poor mental error.

The team played very well all the way through, but you can't make one or two mental errors.

This loss hurts, to have that kind of mental mistake, to allow them to have a short PP.

Very committed throughout the game. Didn't make a lot of mistakes. Made one critical down the stretch.

Watkins and Porter worked very harder. Brad Miller brought a lot of offense. Probably creating as much offense as anyone on the team.

Thought D was doing a good job; Lammy did a good job; forget a lot of the good things with the way the last 4 1/2 minutes went.

Needed this game tonight, bottom line. Didn't get it done. Real shot in the gut. Hard to take.

Just to clarify, I don't think everyone is making mistakes. Some guys playing very stupid. Some guys working hard and smart. Very frustrating.

You're right, I thought Brad Miller really stood out tonight. He played a very good game. Outside of that, I don't think anyone really stands out for tonight, but not everyone is playing terrible hockey. Where they didn't stand out, I don't think Duncan, Oshie, Bina, or most other guys played bad tonight. I thought Hak summed it up well. We played well, but made a few critical mistakes that was the difference.

Okay, this is going to be very negative, so get the kids away from the computer screen!

It is time to face facts: This team is not that good. They can't hold third period leads, they take stupid penalties (Jones, this means YOU), and their starting goaltender (Lammy) has not played up to his potential this year and has not been consistent enough for my taste.

In the good old days of the 1980's and 90's, North Dakota losing at home once on a weekend was big news around the league and country, losing twice at home on a weekend was almost unheard of.

Now both happen on a regular freaking basis. :angry:

In the good old days of the 1980's and 90's, North Dakota was almost unbeatable when holding a lead in the third period.

Now all bets are freaking off when we lead in the third period. :lol:

It would not surprise me if Michigan Tech came in here next weekend and pulled off at least one win. Emphasis on at least.

I am pretty sure that the Brad Schlossman Rule will get a workout in Sunday's Heraldo (look at my signature at the bottom if you don't know what I mean), but that is no excuse for what has happened this season. Some of our players have said as much. Every team worth its salt in this league and in the country for that matter has good goaltending or else they wouldn't be good teams. If we are going to invoke the Brad Schlossman Rule everytime we lose a game, we won't win anything. I had better not hear this once from anybody in the media this week (and that includes TH and Pat Sweeney).

Based on what I have seen so far this season, we can kiss home ice goodbye, we can kiss the Final Five goodbye and we can forget about going to St. Louis in April. This team is going to lose a crap load of games this season and we had just better get used to it. ;) That meltdown in the Frozen Four last year in the semifinals is feeling more painful with every game we lose.

This is going to be a long, cold, dark winter for those of us who bleed green and white. And if the Rodents win their 6th NCAA title in April, it will be an even longer offseason. Especially those of us who live in Rodentia (Minnesota and some adjacent areas).

I apologize for the extreme negativity, but after what happened to the football team last Saturday and this weekend, I just can't take much more of this garbage.

End rant. I return you to regularly scheduled programming.

Okay, this is going to be very negative, so get the kids away from the computer screen!

It is time to face facts: This team is not that good. They can't hold third period leads, they take stupid penalties (Jones, this means YOU), and their starting goaltender (Lammy) has not played up to his potential this year and has not been consistent enough for my taste.

In the good old days of the 1980's and 90's, North Dakota losing at home once on a weekend was big news around the league and country, losing twice at home on a weekend was almost unheard of.

Now both happen on a regular freaking basis. :angry:

In the good old days of the 1980's and 90's, North Dakota was almost unbeatable when holding a lead in the third period.

Now all bets are freaking off when we lead in the third period. :lol:

It would not surprise me if Michigan Tech came in here next weekend and pulled off at least one win. Emphasis on at least.

I am pretty sure that the Brad Schlossman Rule will get a workout in Sunday's Heraldo (look at my signature at the bottom if you don't know what I mean), but that is no excuse for what has happened this season. Some of our players have said as much. Every team worth its salt in this league and in the country for that matter has good goaltending or else they wouldn't be good teams. If we are going to invoke the Brad Schlossman Rule everytime we lose a game, we won't win anything. I had better not hear this once from anybody in the media this week (and that includes TH and Pat Sweeney).

Based on what I have seen so far this season, we can kiss home ice goodbye, we can kiss the Final Five goodbye and we can forget about going to St. Louis in April. This team is going to lose a crap load of games this season and we had just better get used to it. ;) That meltdown in the Frozen Four last year in the semifinals is feeling more painful with every game we lose.

This is going to be a long, cold, dark winter for those of us who bleed green and white. And if the Rodents win their 6th NCAA title in April, it will be an even longer offseason. Especially those of us who live in Rodentia (Minnesota and some adjacent areas).

I apologize for the extreme negativity, but after what happened to the football team last Saturday and this weekend, I just can't take much more of this garbage.

End rant. I return you to regularly scheduled programming.

Many of us who have been watching the Sioux for decades feel the same. Some of the old time teams had a lot more heart, and would never put up with Wisconsin blowing through our goaltender over and over again. A huge fight would have ensued...and then we would have pounded a few through Elliot.

Not today. The Sioux in the Ralph remind me of the Sharks in San Jose: da-da-da-da-da-da-da...."Pizza"!

Weak crowds that have been "Disney-ified". No real guts to see the team through. No Jeff Panzer on this team.

I watched last night but was too frustrated to post any opinions about the game, and was too busy today to get on the boards until just now. Looks about like last night all over again. Some good play at times, but overall, letting the game get away in the end.

From what I saw last night I'd say this team has average offense, average goaltending, average defense, average penalty kill, and pretty good power play. Though tonite the power play appears to have been average. And last night it seemed to me we lost WAY too many important faceoffs. Where's McMahon when you need him...

Maybe this team will turn it around, I don't know, but I'm getting pretty tired of living through the first 1/2 - 3/4 of the season to see if we can make a run.

And right now, it's hard to have much hope that can happen.

There's plenty of problems, but a lot of them could be fixed with 1-2 extra goals per game. I shouldn't say our offense is average. It's below average.

#@@$%^&%&^*(T*&&^W$E%^%^&(*Y&T*&%$^ER^*^RE$%$QW%$@$EW%&*^&(*&^TR^%%#@$!$%$WE%^%W$@#^&%&((*(^%&%$#%@#$&^%^%*&(&(*&%^$^%#%$#%*^%^*&^(&^$#$#&^%$^(&*^&*%*^#$#$*&^(&%^(*%$*^#&%#$$*^%&)(*&^)*(&^$#&$%#&%^%$()&*&^*(%$$#@@$#*%^&(&*(&^(*%$&$@$&%$%(*&^)*&^%$%*$#@#&*^%^)(*&^*%$^$#@^#@#&%$(*)(*&&)^%*&^%#$^%#@$#^@$%*^%&*)^%(&*%#^#%@^#%$#*&(^%*)^(*%$#&$@^$#@#&^*%$*&^&)(^%%##^@&$%*&)^)%%##@$**&^^%*%$#%#^@%$&%%*&^%%*#@##&$%$%(*&^)*%*%^#@$#$*&(*^&^%*#%$@#$@%$^$%*&^&)^^$$@#$@#$^%^%^&^%^$&#$@#$%$%^&%

agreed.

Got back from the game. We looked ok in the first and that middle period (I am not calling it the you know what) Lammy did good from what I could tell. The second UW was so friggin Porter's fault. why was he in the crease? Robbie is the only defensemen who seems to show up and Chay looks like he wants to be a forward again, which in my opinion put him back there. All together we need to start playing together, the UAA games should have been our wake-up call, but maybe this weekend will be. I am voting that they do Herbies all week in practice, FINALS WEEK OR NOT. That is all I have right now or I am going to be pissed again.

I'll put this out for anyone watching on TV or listening to the radio. Did they mention anything about the UND students throwing the glowsticks that were handed out as a promotion onto the ice? College's want to give out promotional things but this always happens. I find it funny cause UND had to know it was going to happen yet they still armed all of the fans with projectiles. Anyways the pregame introductions were cool with the ice glowing. :angry: