SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX VS BADgers

AZSIOUX

logos_siouxhead.gifVS bucky.gif

Big weekend coming up for the Sioux, Very important wcha points at stake. Lets hope we get solid goaltending because we know Bucky has a guy named Elliot between the pipes and he is pretty damn good. I know bucky has not been playing to good lately but we have not either overall so lets start something with 4 points and play full 60 minute sioux hockey games. For the millionth time, we need to cut down on penalties and on the flip side, keep our Great powerplay going when we get the chances. Cant wait to be in g-forks for this series. Go Sioux......................

This year head to head @ Sconnie- 1-1-0 - (friday) 3-2 ot win (saturday) 0-1 loss

SIOUX

Overall Record: 7-6-1 (.536)

WCHA: 5-4-1, 11 points

Home: 4-3-1

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually think that the Badgers are a little down this Season after winning the NCAA championship. Losing Earl and Paveliski hurts them and makes them less dangerous that last year. I also believed that Brian Elliot has saved them from having a worse record.

i hope we have fabian back i the lineup and i assume phil will be in net friday night

Ok, I didn't want to make the week longer than it probably already will be so I had to wait till today to post anything here :D I would hope for two very close games, since I think we are two alike teams(as far as our ability to win thus far). Besides that, I think we have way more talent out on the ice than they do and if our team shows up friday and saturday, there is no way we should lose. I hope for physical hockey on our side and good defense. I hope TJ AND JT both get their break out weekend in points! Either way I would hope for two wins, although they should both be very close games :) oh yeah, STAY OUT OF THE PENALTY BOX!!! That'll help us win also.

I have no profound, in-depth analysis about this series with wisco. Only this one simple theory: if this team continues to play like they did last Friday (especially in our own end), it will be a miserable weekend. I would go so far as to say zero out of four points. Sorry for being a "glass is half empty kind of guy" this morning. It is well past time to start playing "Fighting Sioux Hockey" on a regular basis, not just a period here or there. Hopefully they are firing on all cylinder's this weekend, and don't look back untill the end of the year.

I have no profound, in-depth analysis about this series with wisco. Only this one simple theory: if this team continues to play like they did last Friday (especially in our own end), it will be a miserable weekend. I would go so far as to say zero out of four points. Sorry for being a "glass is half empty kind of guy" this morning. It is well past time to start playing "Fighting Sioux Hockey" on a regular basis, not just a period here or there. Hopefully they are firing on all cylinder's this weekend, and don't look back untill the end of the year.

Amen. It was a snoozer on Friday night.

I agree with THETRIOUXPER; our dmen spent an awful lot of time Friday facing their own goal, leaving the slot wide open for U-18s to swoop in for quality shots and/or rebounds. Time to start playing up to their abilities and potential.

BTW: I watched the U-18s Saturday @ FM Jets and spent quite a bit of time chatting with a handful of NHL scouts who were in attendance. The consensus seems that two of the teenagers, #21 James vanRiemsdyk (assisted on the first goal), and #8 Kevin Shattenkirk (who assisted the first USA goal and tied the game with the goal late in the third), will be first-round picks in the next NHL draft.

The Blackhawks' scout I spoke with is quite happy with Chris Porter's play this year; he also said Jon Toews has the skills and the brains to be an NHL superstar.

I agree with THETRIOUXPER; our dmen spent an awful lot of time Friday facing their own goal, leaving the slot wide open for U-18s to swoop in for quality shots and/or rebounds. Time to start playing up to their abilities and potential.

BTW: I watched the U-18s Saturday @ FM Jets and spent quite a bit of time chatting with a handful of NHL scouts who were in attendance. The consensus seems that two of the teenagers, #21 James vanRiemsdyk (assisted on the first goal), and #8 Kevin Shattenkirk (who assisted the first USA goal and tied the game with the goal late in the third), will be first-round picks in the next NHL draft.

The Blackhawks' scout I spoke with is quite happy with Chris Porter's play this year; he also said Jon Toews has the skills and the brains to be an NHL superstar.

I was at that game too!

I'm VERY happy for the Blackhawks compliments on Porter. 9th round picks are always long shots for a contract and the better Porter does, the better chance he has of getting a contract. I don't know if he'll ever play in the NHL, but I think he'd make a decent AHL player at least.

I was at that game too!

I'm VERY happy for the Blackhawks compliments on Porter. 9th round picks are always long shots for a contract and the better Porter does, the better chance he has of getting a contract. I don't know if he'll ever play in the NHL, but I think he'd make a decent AHL player at least.

Aside from an occasional ill-advised penalty , #24 works hard every time he is on the ice. I see no reason why he won't be playing pro hockey at some level.

Porter has good enough speed that he should at least have a pro career as a checking forward if not better. As for Toews, the sky is the limit for that kid. Given both his natural ability and his vision on the ice he has the potential to be a Sakic type player for Chicago.

If the Sioux play like they did last Friday, Wisconsin's scoring woes will be reversed. With a porous defense and swiss-cheese like goaltending, we cannot afford to take stupid penalties or Wisconsin will be tied with UND in the WCHA standings come Sunday morning.

I can't argue with this.

However, if we play like we did Saturday against Colorado College we should have few problems at all. Kinda depends which team shows up.

I'm hoping that the game this past week was a little off just because of it being exhibition. Yeah, it's still a game, but I'd imagine that it might be tougher to work up as much intensity in an exhibition game compared to a WCHA game. Looking at how you cheered for example...

Did you go to the game? Did you go as early as you normally go? Did you cheer? Yeah, I cheered and joked about the reffing, but nowhere near as much as I do for a "real" game.

Should be a great weekend, and for personal reasons, I hope we sweep the Badgers!!!!

Sorry for being a "glass is half empty kind of guy" this morning.

How is that different from normal? :):D

Seriously though, I wouldn't read too much into the team's performance against the U18 team. They should be more excited to play against the BADgers. Hopefully we see the same type of effort and play from the Sioux like we saw against CC on Sat.

The only fault with your logic wisioux is that the coaching staff said that they weren't going to treat this game any different than any other game. That's what scares me. I think if they play like they did Sat. against CC they can skate with any team in the country, bar none (to include maine, minny and anyone else with an m or w in their name.) I guess it is more of a matter of consistency than anything else.

How is that different from normal? :):D

Seriously though, I wouldn't read too much into the team's performance against the U18 team. They should be more excited to play against the BADgers. Hopefully we see the same type of effort and play from the Sioux like we saw against CC on Sat.

I'm usually pretty upbeat about the team, the season, ect. However I do get the "half empty glass syndrome" on certain fans and players of a program with a big dumb "m" and ugly brown and yellow school colors.

Granted a game is a game but I would not put this past fridays game as an example how they should be playing or not. I think in their heads they were thinking, exhibition, under-18, USA, ect. Not to say they were taking it easy but there wasn't a whole lot of hitting in the game, correct? I think they were 'trying' to play more of a finesse game only.(Im not sure how to put it all in words :D ) So now this weekend hopefully their train-of-thought is we better make big hits, big plays and show consistency since this is a conference game and means a ton on how our season could go.

If we play physical, dont take penalties(as always), and have good goaltending I think we will get at least 3 points this weekend. But Ill leave it soley on hitting, if theres no physical play we'll lose or tie. Thats my opinion :)

If the Sioux play like they did last Friday, Wisconsin's scoring woes will be reversed. With a porous defense and swiss-cheese like goaltending, we cannot afford to take stupid penalties or Wisconsin will be tied with UND in the WCHA standings come Sunday morning.

Well stated.

I saw Johhny T got selected for camp, that begins on Sunday in Calgary. What does that mean for Saturday night's game, is JT in or out. I would think he'll be in both nights, but I do not know if he MUST be there on Sunday, or what time practice would be Sunday. Who knows? Just thought it would be intereresting to know. Someone call the coach's show.

I saw Johhny T got selected for camp, that begins on Sunday in Calgary. What does that mean for Saturday night's game, is JT in or out. I would think he'll be in both nights, but I do not know if he MUST be there on Sunday, or what time practice would be Sunday. Who knows? Just thought it would be intereresting to know. Someone call the coach's show.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/articles/i...;section=Sports

Here is your answer.

He will be leaving after sat night's game.

A kind Badger fan posted this on USCHO. I pass it on here as a public service:

----------------------

If anybody is interested, Kerry Eades and John Newberry will be on the Badger Hockey Hour on WIBA radio tonight.

Of course, they will be recalling the famous "Water Bottle Incident" (WI v ND) from the early 80's that set off the best fight I have ever seen in my life. I can remember it like it was yesterday.....

Sioux fans, WIBA has live streaming. The show is at 7 PM tonight.