SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs UNO

SiouxMD

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, everybody together now:

And we can build this dream together, standing strong forever......

Nothing's gonna stop us now!

And if the world runs out of lovers, we'll still have each other......

Nothing's gonna stop us, nothing's gonna stop us now!!!!

On to Allendale.....GO SIOUX!!!

And this had better be on television!

As effective as UNO's running game is, this was a good example of why it's tough to win in the playoffs with it. When UNO had to score in a short period of time at the end of the game, they simply couldn't pass well enough to get it done. THE CURSE OF PAT BEHRNS IS BROKEN!

And the Omaha Playoff Curse continues! Once again, Omaha folds like a cheap piece of lawn furniture when the chips are down and the game is on the line in the postseason. Different year, different team.....same result.

If my memory is correct isn't it our turn to beat the Lakers since they beat us last year and we beat them the year before that? :D

We won on a neutral site in 2001

They won on a neutral site in 2003

We won at home in 2004

They won at home in 2005

Now it's 2006. It is both OUR turn to win, AND the road team's turn to win.

Why even play the game? :lol:

I have followed Sioux Football for many years. This is definitely the best offensive team I have ever seen the Sioux put on the field. Hopefully WDAZ will have a an extended sports show tonight so we can see some of the hilites. There were so many. What an extra special game , it would have been nice to have been able to record it and keep it as part of the great Sioux history of football. Maybe WDAZ can put together some kind of a DVD on the game and sell it to make money to help hire extra help so they'll be able to broadcast the next big game we have.

Here's a question:

SInce we were supposed to be the #2 seed, but we ended up the #3 seed.... does this victory come as an upset?

yep - I would say so. anytime the #3 travels to #2 - why would #3 be favored - especially after losing to #2 previously - which is the reason we were selected #3 in the first place - ya follow? It was probably a "pick" game though with the possible exception of the home field advantage giving #2 a slight edge.

Here's a question:

SInce we were supposed to be the #2 seed, but we ended up the #3 seed.... does this victory come as an upset?

Technically, yes. But these teams are so evenly matched that I don't think it was an upset. If I was a betting man (and I am not), I would classify this game as a pick'em game, no real advantage either way.

Technically, yes. But these teams are so evenly matched that I don't think it was an upset. If I was a betting man (and I am not), I would classify this game as a pick'em game, no real advantage either way.

Agreed. Now next week if the Sioux pull it off, would be a huge upset in my opinion.

I see that USD did manage to gain 400 yards of offense against GVSU (UND gave up 413 today by way of comparison) but had two turnovers to GVSU's none, and the Lakers had a punt return for a td. Maybe I'm just overly optimistic, but if the Sioux offense can continue to play the way it has in recent weeks, UND can win this game, although it will probably need to be in a shootout similar to today.

I see that USD did manage to gain 400 yards of offense against GVSU, but had two turnovers to GVSU's none, and the Lakers had a punt return for a td. Maybe I'm just overly optimistic, but if the Sioux offense can continue to play the way it has in recent weeks, UND can win this game, although it will probably need to be in a shootout similar to today.

Turnovers will be key next week. They are what killed us last year if I'm remembering correctly.

Why be so negative? We all know that the sioux are still out looking for blood after that crappy seed selection...

Attention WDAZ/ Forum Communications:

Please start making plans NOW to travel to Michigan!

PS: Don't wait for NC$$ approval becuase you know as well as I do that they don't respond to telephone calls in a timely matter..

For all of us who have been critical of Chris Mussman's playcalling in the past, let me be the first to say, great job today and really all season. This offense is a machine right now.

I too have been very critical of Coach Mussman. I only backed off when the "Cogswell Cannon" told everyone to drink a class of shut the hell up.

Great job Coach Mussman!