SiouxSports.com Forum

UND - UNO on TV

Hrkac_Circus

Does anyone know if they are putting the game on WDAZ or FSSN?

I'd say it's doubtful, because attendance is expected to be poor judging by past first round games, and the fact that Winona State isn't going to make casual fans too excited. I don't believe last year's first round game against UMD was televised, either.

I'd say it's doubtful, because attendance is expected to be poor judging by past first round games, and the fact that Winona State isn't going to make casual fans too excited. I don't believe last year's first round game against UMD was televised, either.

Last year's game with UMD was televised, but this year's first round game most likely won't. If the Sioux win, watch for the game at Omaha to be televised.

As much as I'd like to watch this game on satellite, I hate to think of the poor attendance televising it would cause. The attendance will not be great even if it isn't televised. Casual Sioux fans are tired of playing the likes of Winona State, playoffs or not.

Assuming UND beats Winona, I think the game at Omaha is certainly going to be televised on FSSN.

The fact that we drubbed them 49 to 2 not long ago is going to kill attendance. Throw in deer hunting and the Ohio State football game and attendance is probably around 5000. Sad but true. If the home game was Omaha like it should of been the attendance would of been 12,000. Why does politics have to be involved with sports? You have to love the NCAA. What a dignified organization.

Also, first round playoff games don't draw very good unless your playing someone that excites the fans . Since we just stuck it to Winona this year there is no excitement. Also in the post season everyone has to buy their own ticket. They don't get tickets from their boss and students have to buy their tickets too. A combination of all the above mentioned reasons makes for a lousy attended game. I hope I'm wrong. What does everyone else think?

It's just a dang shame we couldn't host Omaha in the 2nd round as was expected. That would have generated some excitement and the attendance would have been at least decent.

I expect the attendance for the Winona to be dismal - around 5,500. It also solidifies the decision to move up to DI-AA. A few more years of this general lack of interest might have killed the program for good.

How about broadcasting it on the FSSN outside of GF so people in the Twin Cities area for example can watch it at Sensers??? I agree that it should NOT be televised in GF unless a certain amount of tickets (10,000) are sold, which will sadly never happen.

A good idea, but unfortunately I don't think they'd be able to sell enough advertising to break even if it was not going to be televised in Grand Forks.

I have trouble believing that UND fans really care all that much about Ohio State Football.

Not just that its Ohio St, but one of the greatest rivalries around in Michigan vs Ohio st. along with the fact that both are undefeated and ranked #1 &#2. This might just push some UND football fans to stay home.

The playoff game with UMD last year was on TV. But remember how they waited until the last minute to announce it, hoping to get more ticket sales. If this weekend's game is on TV, I doubt we will hear anything about it until thursday or even friday.

It would be kind of embarassing for the Ag schools to have 16,000 show up and we can't even break 6,000.

I hope it's not on TV.

The playoff game with UMD last year was on TV. But remember how they waited until the last minute to announce it, hoping to get more ticket sales. If this weekend's game is on TV, I doubt we will hear anything about it until thursday or even friday.

It would be kind of embarassing for the Ag schools to have 16,000 show up and we can't even break 6,000.

I hope it's not on TV.

Why would it be embarassing? That would be 6,000 more than has ever showed up at the Fargodome for a playoff game. :D I'll be at the game, and I hope it is on TV as well. It doesn't matter what the attendance is, TV coverage is good for the University, regardless.

this game WILL NOT be on TV - I have it straight from the source. They want *sses in the seats for this one. I went to the Ralph this morning to get tickets for my in-laws...no line...straight to the window. I asked for their favorite section (on about the 20 yard line on the visitor side) The person behind the counter said..."Oh, the student section is wide open...I can get you on the 50 yard line" SWEET! PLUS...Tickets were $15 bucks apiece...cheaper than the regular season I think!

Bottom line is - If you're in the greater GF area...there is NO REASON not to show up! BUY your tickets now (as I mentioned) GREAT SEATS are available...

I suppose this is something of an apples-to-oranges comparison, but I have a very difficult time understanding how an exhibition hockey game against Manitoba can draw 9600--even though it's televised-- while a football playoff game will probably draw 5500 or so even though it's not televised? :D Does this seem bizarre to anybody else? This team deserves better support than that for what will almost certainly be the last home game of the year!

There will be of hundreds of extra fans home for the holiday with nothing to do but try to get out of eating any more turkey disgused in casseroles, soups, sandwiches, UGH....

Go to the game!!! I'll be there!!! Just ordered my season tickets via telephone. Damn, I'm excited. Home for a week and a 'twofer' weekend!!

Wooooo Whoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;):D

I suppose this is something of an apples-to-oranges comparison, but I have a very difficult time understanding how an exhibition hockey game against Manitoba can draw 9600--even though it's televised-- while a football playoff game will probably draw 5500 or so even though it's not televised? :D Does this seem bizarre to anybody else? This team deserves better support than that for what will almost certainly be the last home game of the year!

I just purchased four tickets. Two of these tickets are for my 6 and 7 year old daughters who will be attending their first UND football game!

I don't care if WSU is considered a cupcake or if the final score is a BAZILLION to 3...these are the playoffs people!

Tape the OSU/UofMI game...

GO SIOUX!

There will be of hundreds of extra fans home for the holiday with nothing to do but try to get out of eating any more turkey disgused in casseroles, soups, sandwiches, UGH....

Go to the game!!! I'll be there!!! Just ordered my season tickets via telephone. Damn, I'm excited. Home for a week and a 'twofer' weekend!!

Wooooo Whoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;):D

I may be mistaken...but I believe the game is on 18NOV and Thanksgiving is on 23NOV...are you sure you will be home on the right weekend?