SiouxSports.com Forum

Perry Nakonechny

guy-ser

Are you talking about Scott Koberinski? If so, I believe he is head of the Blue Line Club(hockey related obviously) in Grand Forks. Pretty good job from what I hear.

Kober is a volunteer assistant coach for the Sioux and is the head of the traveling Park Board programs in Grand Forks.

I don't think he's a volunteer coach anymore...I think they pay him. Not sure though, but I thought they added him to the payroll last year.

I don't think he's a volunteer coach anymore...I think they pay him. Not sure though, but I thought they added him to the payroll last year.

If you look at the date of the post you quoted you will see that it was from 2006. The thread was brought back because of the Grand Forks Herald story on Perry this weekend.

• 1 month later...

I want to share this post for those of you not following Perry on the CaringBridge forum, http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/perrynakonechny.

His body aches and his soul is weary. His mind is still sharp and that makes this harder. Yesterday Perry told me he was tired and he thought maybe he would have to quit fighting. "It's just so hard" he said. "If I can, I will, but it hurts".

I told him he has fought more than anyone should have to and I didn't want him to hurt anymore. I told him to do it in his own time, but that heaven was waiting and the pain would be gone.

And so we start the last leg of our journey together. Brenna is hurting so much. She won't talk, but her tears flow. My heart breaks but nothing I say or do can take away her grief. Her cousins are here and giving her support but nothing takes away that feeling when you wake up in the morning and remember.

Perry's family is with us this weekend. It is a blessing that they are able to be with us and spend time with him. We have set up a chair in his room because it is hard for him to be up for too long. He seems to like having someone sit with him quietly. I asked him if he would like to have friends come visit and he said he thought he would. So I am offering the invitation to anyone who would like to stop by for a 1/2 hour or so and spend some time with him. You can talk or just sit quietly. Please just send me a text so I know when to expect you. Someone is always with him now so our home is open any time. My cell phone number is 218-779-3142. Please text if you can, but if not then call. It's so hard to talk right now. The tears are always in my eyes and I hate to keep crying, so texting will save my emotions a little. Thanks for understanding and for continuing to walk this journey with us. I am humbled by your caring.

• 1 month later...

Prayers on the way for one of our own.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/perrynak...nal?jid=5772007

Friday, July 9, 2010 10:26 AM, CDT

Our warrior is nearing the end of his battle. He has fought with strength and courage. He is resting peacefully now as he prepares to accept the trophy of eternal life in heaven. Please don't think he lost his battle with cancer. It is clear to me that he is a champion.

Perry passed away today (7/14/10) a lttle after noon. He was surrounded by Mick, Brenna and Tyler. He will be missed.

That is very sad to hear. I cringed every time I saw an update to this thread because I feared it would be an update like this. Perry, you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Lots of prayers for Perry's family. He'll be missed by those who knew and loved him but know he's in a better place.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 2:44 PM, CDT

Perry died this afternoon just after 12:00. His breathing eased and a tear slipped from his eye. We were with him as he left the pain of this world and entered the kingdom of heaven. Now we hold him in our hearts.

Perry passed away today (7/14/10) a lttle after noon. He was surrounded by Mick, Brenna and Tyler. He will be missed.

What a valiant effort against a horrible disease, by Perry and his whole family. Thoughts, prayers, and peace to all.