SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs Badgers in Sconnie

AZSIOUX

Each year at the Final Five, I sit next to the same couple from Wisconsin. They are very nice, and we have a good time talking. This year I found out they had the same veiwpoint on some of our favorite players...Kessel, Earl, etc. There sure isnt any love for Kessel from the Badger fans! :silly:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

logos_siouxhead.gifVS University_of_Wisconin_Badgers_Badger_175.jpg

This will be a hell of a series. Unbelievable talent out there between toews, oshie, skille, elliot and many more. Great 1st WCHA test for both teams. I have a good feeling about this series for the sioux. Very tough place to play in the Kohl Center. Phil should be tested a lot more and obviously needs to be on top of his game for the sioux.

Hopefully Finley and Jones will be back in the lineup as we will need them both vs sconnie.

I hope bishop, vandevelde and forney all play but miller made a point friday night with his performance and not sure who you sit to get all 3 of these guys in the lineup. does genoway get squezzed out with 6 healthy d-men if jones and finley each play or will he play a little forward? just going over all scenerios here for some opinions. There have been some great series in the past between these 2 wcha giants so hope this one is great!

Who's all going to the games?

SIOUX (swept quinnipiac)

2-0-0

BADGERS (win and tie vs. northern michigan)

1-0-1

Predictions?

Sioux 3 points................4-2 friday win..............2-2 saturday tie

We will need scoring from all lines this weekend......we seemed to get that balance last Friday night......On Saturday, all our scoring came from our BIG line........we need it from more than 1 line!!

For starters Hockeydog I agree with you 100% on this weekends series between "THE FIGHTING SIOUX " vs The Badgers. To be honest with you I would rather be in Madison Wi watching that series than going to Alburn AL to watch my old school play a silly football game after all i'm talking about the GATORS vs War Eagles., but to be honest withyou I'll take the SIOUX/BADGERS series anytime in a heartbeat. SO GO SIOUX SWAMP THE BADGERS.

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973.

Anyone know if the games will be on Dishnetwork? I have CSTV for friday but I don't know about saturday.

The game Friday will be on CSTV and FSCS (which is FSN from Cheese Country) FSCS is carried my MIDCO and is in the three hundreds. Saturday night is on FSCS only, should be able to pick up that channel on sat. Call your provider?!?!?

The game Friday will be on CSTV and FSCS (which is FSN from Cheese Country) FSCS is carried my MIDCO and is in the three hundreds. Saturday night is on FSCS only, should be able to pick up that channel on sat. Call your provider?!?!?

The last couple of years FSSN has picked up the feeds for the game after recieving input from fans.

Maybe its time to start calling.

posted this on another thread, thought id repost here......what do ya'll think?

hopefully this weekend we can rack up two BIG wins against the W and move WAY up in these polls. i think with so many key players leaving the W they are gonna be too hard pressed to be consistent on offense, and defense as well, but more on offense, with their top 5 scorers leaving this year. i think they will let last year get into their minds and get distracted by the banner raising and wont focus on how tough an offense they have against thiem this weekend. with so many good players back this year for the sioux, despite who DID leave, i think we have a good chance to rack up some goals on elliot. all in all, i think it will be a close weekend, but i think the sioux will pull out 2 wins, esp if jones and finley are back in the lineups.

p.s. i am looking at going into broadcasting a little bit in school now. i picked up a jopb as the hockey announcer at the East Carolina University club hockey games, and am having ALOT of fun. anyone have any tips on what i could do to try and get into the industry as a hockey analyst/announcer/commentator? or should i just forget it and leave it for the ex-NHL-ers

Hope you all pray for me. I am going to the saturday game and I hope the Badger fans do not beat me and my wife up.

Don't sweat it. I'll be at the Friday night game with 5 of my buddies, all of which are Badger fans. UGH!

Seriously though, the Badger fans I've encountered aren't bad at all. That said, if you act like a jackoff, you will certainly find a problem somewhere. The fans there are pretty loud. In fact, I think the crowd is much louder than what I have seen at the Ralph. Every goal scored results in "Sieve" chant. They also throw out the "Racist A$$holes" chant when the Sioux show up.

I forgot to add.... I sit in the "Family Section" when I go. I don't encounter a lot of the drunken fools that are pretty much at every stadium at every sporting event across the country. No alcohol is allowed in that section. Ya can't beat the price though. $12 per seat and that includes a voucher for a soda and hotdog.

I forgot to add.... I sit in the "Family Section" when I go. I don't encounter a lot of the drunken fools that are pretty much at every stadium at every sporting event across the country. No alcohol is allowed in that section. Ya can't beat the price though. $12 per seat and that includes a voucher for a soda and hotdog.

I'll be in that section as well.

posted this on another thread, thought id repost here......what do ya'll think?

hopefully this weekend we can rack up two BIG wins against the W and move WAY up in these polls. i think with so many key players leaving the W they are gonna be too hard pressed to be consistent on offense, and defense as well, but more on offense, with their top 5 scorers leaving this year. i think they will let last year get into their minds and get distracted by the banner raising and wont focus on how tough an offense they have against thiem this weekend. with so many good players back this year for the sioux, despite who DID leave, i think we have a good chance to rack up some goals on elliot. all in all, i think it will be a close weekend, but i think the sioux will pull out 2 wins, esp if jones and finley are back in the lineups.

One word of caution, UND traditionally doesn't play well against the Badgers in Madison, I think realistically a split is a great outcome for this weekend. All of what you just said doesn't play into this at all.

That being said I hope UND can light up Elliot, but its probably not likely.

I've met many very kind Badger fans as well. Have yet to meet one that will admit Earl is a diver though. I don't know though Sioux7>5, they might not like you very much :silly:

What do you mean not like me. I am nice to all I encounter, OK maybe not all but most. I will have the wife with so I will be on my best behavior. Which as you know will be different for me.

What do you eman not like me. I am nice to all I encounter, OK maybe not all but most. I will have the wife with so I will be on my best behavior. Which as you know will be different for me.

HAHAHA.

I was just kiddin buddy. So you are saying you behave differently around your wife? Does she know this?

HAHAHA.

;)

Everyone talks about Elliot and how Wisconsin won 9 ouf their last 10 games last year, and they haven't lost yet this year... blah blah. I know all the Sioux fans remember who the last team Elliot lost to was, and this weekend, he'll lose again. It was Wisco's luck that they didn't play UND again after the Final 5 last year.

Is anyone bringing a "We got Malone" banner to fly during Bucky's banner raising ceremony. :silly:

If you want to debate our level of recruits for 2007 and 2008 versus yours I am game. It's a debate you cannot win.

No one should have issues at the Kohl Center. Everyone knows you need to behave in a civil manner when in someone elses building. I have been to umpteen games at the Kohl Center as well as other WCHA venues and have never had any issues........except at Mariucci and the Ex with Goofer fans. They just do not get it.

It's Homecoming in Madison on Saturday, versus the Goofs. Expect somewhat of a late-arriving and drunk crowd. I will be drunk, but not a late-arriver. Priorities.

One word of caution, UND traditionally doesn't play well against the Badgers in Madison, I think realistically a split is a great outcome for this weekend. All of what you just said doesn't play into this at all.

That being said I hope UND can light up Elliot, but its probably not likely.

It's true we haven't fared especially well in Madison, though many of the games we've lost there recently have been barn-burners. The Badgers just play us well in Madison. I think is also worth noting that Eaves' strength is in the systems he runs and discipline. Bucky has definitely had top-end talent lately, especially in goal, but their real strengh, IMO, is in consistently good roleplaying. If the new guys can do that early, they will still be very tough. I would feel good with a split.

Well, I do have MIDCO, and unless they've done a programming change without my knowledge, I don't have Fox College Sports Central. I hope we do, cause if we don't, I'll have to drive 22 miles to my daughter's farm to watch it on DirectTV.

You have to get the digital three, this includes the sports channels in the 300's

You will get ESPN News, A few Hunting Channels, CSTV, Golf Channel, NFL Channel, A few Horse Racing Channels and the three Fox College Sports Channels

Everyone talks about Elliot and how Wisconsin won 9 ouf their last 10 games last year, and they haven't lost yet this year... blah blah. I know all the Sioux fans remember who the last team Elliot lost to was, and this weekend, he'll lose again. It was Wisco's luck that they didn't play UND again after the Final 5 last year.

He, He, He... I wish we would have gotten another crack at them in the Frozen Four.

I think this year is one of the better chances we have of beating them. They had trouble beating NMU a middle of the road team in the CCHA. Maybe the Sioux is due to turn the tables on them.

You have to get the digital three, this includes the sports channels in the 300's

You will get ESPN News, A few Hunting Channels, CSTV, Golf Channel, NFL Channel, A few Horse Racing Channels and the three Fox College Sports Channels

Fox College Sports Central is on channel 316 on Midco, this is available in Grand Forks, however, you have to have the (D3) Digital Cable package to get it. I just called and added it to my digital package for an extra $7 a month. (Note if you add the D3 for $7 you automatically get the D2 channels with it)

They had trouble beating NMU a middle of the road team in the CCHA. Maybe the Sioux is due to turn the tables on them.

I would love to see 2 Sioux wins this weekend.

They did play Connelly in goal in that tie with NMU. That might have had something to due with their tie.

If you want to debate our level of recruits for 2007 and 2008 versus yours I am game. It's a debate you cannot win.

No one should have issues at the Kohl Center. Everyone knows you need to behave in a civil manner when in someone elses building. I have been to umpteen games at the Kohl Center as well as other WCHA venues and have never had any issues........except at Mariucci and the Ex with Goofer fans. They just do not get it.

It's Homecoming in Madison on Saturday, versus the Goofs. Expect somewhat of a late-arriving and drunk crowd. I will be drunk, but not a late-arriver. Priorities.

Are you as sure about Turris as you were about Malone. ;) Vancouver Giants have his rights and will host the Memorial Cup 07 in the spring. They will continue to make lucrative offers all winter and not too many kids would pass up the chance to play for Cup. :D

He, He, He... I wish we would have gotten another crack at them in the Frozen Four.

I think this year is one of the better chances we have of beating them. They had trouble beating NMU a middle of the road team in the CCHA. Maybe the Sioux is due to turn the tables on them.

WISCO's luck that we did not play you? Correct me if I am wrong but we won or semi-final game and you lost yours. That makes us 'lucky'? I was looking forward to playing you guys again. JP displayed, arguably, the biggest tournament-choke in some time. Big-test for lammy this weekend. We have more scoring punch than people realize. Do not give me the 2nd-rate NMU bit either. NMU is a top 20 team playing in a tier-I division, unlike Quinnipiac. Beating them 4-2 is not exactly something to write home about.

We'll probably end up splitting. Ho-hum.

I would love to see 2 Sioux wins this weekend.

They did play Connelly in goal in that tie with NMU. That might have had something to due with their tie.

Connelly is not good. I would be worried if Elliot goes down. As we say last season the Badgers were average with Connelly in net. This kind of surprises mesince the Badgers have been known for stellar goalies and look like they have missed the boat with this kid.