SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs Badgers in Sconnie

AZSIOUX

logos_siouxhead.gifVS University_of_Wisconin_Badgers_Badger_175.jpg

This will be a hell of a series. Unbelievable talent out there between toews, oshie, skille, elliot and many more. Great 1st WCHA test for both teams. I have a good feeling about this series for the sioux. Very tough place to play in the Kohl Center. Phil should be tested a lot more and obviously needs to be on top of his game for the sioux.

Hopefully Finley and Jones will be back in the lineup as we will need them both vs sconnie.

I hope bishop, vandevelde and forney all play but miller made a point friday night with his performance and not sure who you sit to get all 3 of these guys in the lineup. does genoway get squezzed out with 6 healthy d-men if jones and finley each play or will he play a little forward? just going over all scenerios here for some opinions. There have been some great series in the past between these 2 wcha giants so hope this one is great!

Who's all going to the games?

SIOUX (swept quinnipiac)

2-0-0

BADGERS (win and tie vs. northern michigan)

1-0-1

Predictions?

Sioux 3 points................4-2 friday win..............2-2 saturday tie

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skipping my Friday classes and my parents are flying me home for the series. The way they figure, it's cheaper to fly me home for a weekend, then for them to drive to GF and stay in a hotel for a weekend. I'm not gonna argue that one!!! :silly:

LETS GO SIOUX!!!

Having lived in Madison since I was two, I'm sure I'll take a lot of crap from my friends for wearing all my Sioux gear... I can't wait

I'm working on being at the Friday night game myself. I've been to 5 or 6 Sioux games at the Kohl Center wearing my Sioux gear. Never even heard a single comment. Either I'm one scary dude or the Badger fans are pleasant. :silly:;)

I'm working on being at the Friday night game myself. I've been to 5 or 6 Sioux games at the Kohl Center wearing my Sioux gear. Never even heard a single comment. Either I'm one scary dude or the Badger fans are pleasant. :silly:;)

That's one vote for "Scary Dude".

WAY too early to face probably the toughest series of the season.

On the other hand, I may be happier to play WI right now rather than later. They lost their top 5 scorers and a couple guys on D who logged a lot of minutes. Maybe we can catch them before they are ready for the juggernaut named Sioux.

We absolutely need Finley or Jones, and if both are healthy I like our chances. I don't think WI has the firepower to beat us 5x5, and in a match up of powerplays I'll take Toews-Oshie-Duncan any day of the week.

The wild card is how does the home team react to the distractions of Banner Raising Night and the accompanying hoopla. Here's hoping they spend the night watching the rafters.

I wouldn't use Sat night's score as an indicator of what the sioux will be facing! Elliot took the night off and the offense managed to keep up. I expect a very tight series with a split or a sweep (going out on a limb!). Both games will be one goal games, unless Sioux's #1 line puts out some big #'s. If elliot's hot we could have a long painful weekend.

The wild card is how does the home team react to the distractions of Banner Raising Night and the accompanying hoopla. Here's hoping they spend the night watching the rafters.

Here's hoping that the same thing that happened at Northern Iowa before the game happens at Wisconsin......and the banner topples to the ice.

*snickers*

I wouldn't use Sat night's score as an indicator of what the sioux will be facing! Elliot took the night off and the offense managed to keep up. I expect a very tight series with a split or a sweep (going out on a limb!). Both games will be one goal games, unless Sioux's #1 line puts out some big #'s. If elliot's hot we could have a long painful weekend.

I agree. If the Sioux expect to beat WI this weekend, I think they'll need at least 4 goals each night on Elliott to win or tie. The goals we allowed vs. Q were to easy for them. (due to combination of defensive breakdowns and poor goaltending). I fear WI will exploit the other mistakes we got away with.

Not intending to go off topic, but does anyone know if FSN will be carrying these game in our area(ND), or are we going to be stuck watching the Goofs play?

Thanx!

http://www.uschtv.com/uschtv/

Friday nights game is on CSTV, FCSC on midco (or FSNA if you have dish network). Saturday nights game is on FCSC if you have midco, and FSNA if you have dish.

I was sorta trying to forget about that Banner and National Championship thing. Hopefully it won't be a distraction for us.

Most of the Badger fans were civil, some even friendly after the Frozen Four tourney, I think you should all be relatively safe.

How come most of the Badger fans I encounter are stupid, arrogant, drunken, obnoxious idiots?? I wanna meet these so-called "nice Badger fans" LOL

How come most of the Badger fans I encounter are stupid, arrogant, drunken, obnoxious idiots?? I wanna meet these so-called "nice Badger fans" LOL

I meet a few nice Badger fans at the Frozen Four but most acted like they get their every year, and then just plain rude.