SiouxSports.com Forum

Bad music at The Ralph

ChicagoSiouxFan

While at the Manitoba game last week and the two games this weekend my friends and I couldn't help but notice how horrible the music at The Ralph has been so far. The music they are playing during warm ups and breaks in the action this season flat out sucks compared to the music over the last few years .

First of all the music during warm ups is absolutely horrible. How could you ever replace the opening song "Right Now" by Van Halen (which they have been using for the 4 year that I have been going to games) with "The Kids Aren't Alright" by The Offspring? Tell me how you replace a band that has one of the greatest guitarist of all time with a whinny pathetic power-cord playing band. I don

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The music wasn't all that bad last night.

What was off last night was the person that does the music did not coordinate at one time with the jumbotron (Did "Feeling lonely tonight" or whatever and the camera was shoing some chick talking to someone when it should have been the penalty box). Also, the intros were nice because suddenly no one was who they were intro'd as according to the jumbotron.

While at the Manitoba game last week and the two games this weekend my friends and I couldn't help but notice how horrible the music at The Ralph has been so far. The music they are playing during warm ups and breaks in the action this season flat out sucks compared to the music over the last few years .

First of all the music during warm ups is absolutely horrible. How could you ever replace the opening song "Right Now" by Van Halen (which they have been using for the 4 year that I have been going to games) with "The Kids Aren't Alright" by The Offspring? Tell me how you replace a band that has one of the greatest guitarist of all time with a whinny pathetic power-cord playing band. I don

I liked Old Black Betty Bam A Lam :silly: seriously !!! with the Cheerleaders skating ;)

I like the song. Don't be surprised if it's removed from the play list. A few months ago someone posted in a 'Name Change' thread that a school (sorry don't remember which one and am not inclined to search for the thread right now) can no longer play the song at it's sporting events. I guess it was considered 'hostile and abusive' to someone.

I like the song. Don't be surprised if it's removed from the play list. A few months ago someone posted in a 'Name Change' thread that a school (sorry don't remember which one and am not inclined to search for the thread right now) can no longer play the song at it's sporting events. I guess it was considered 'hostile and abusive' to someone.

It was banned at New Hampshire because some visiting coach considered it racist. Never mind that the song was written by a famous black musician. :silly:

I didn't see him Friday, but I thought I saw him Saturday.......or at least someone that looked like Napolean Dynamite on the cowbell.

He is there playing snare drum along with 2 other guys. He still has big hair and is bobbing his head up and down to the beat. It's the cowbell look.

I had posted something ealier saying we need the crowd that was at the west regionals at every sioux game and that I hope they fire someone, wedding music at hockey games IS NOT ALLOWED!! Seriously! Make a effin CD or whatever of good music for A HOCKEY GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Can it be that hard

I had posted something ealier saying we need the crowd that was at the west regionals at every sioux game and that I hope they fire someone, wedding music at hockey games IS NOT ALLOWED!! Seriously! Make a effin CD or whatever of good music for A HOCKEY GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Can it be that hard

Or if the players get too choose the music, they all probably have ipods that have their favorite music on them and it isn't that hard to hook one up to something to play from that or just make the cd from their music folder on their computer.

Simon and Garfunkel songs like Cecilia (can't remember if it was played Fri or Sat but I remember hearing it) and "Let My Love Open the Door" by Pete Townshend are not songs that should be played at hockey games. Its not that I don't like Simon and Garfunkel or Townshend, but there is a reason why just about every stadium and arena in the country plays songs by:

AC/DC

Aerosmith

Alice in Chains

Black Sabbath/Ozzy

Guns 'N' Roses

Judas Priest

Metallica

Motley Crue

Scorpions

Van Halen

and others

The songs by these bands are loud and energetic and that

I hate to play the master of the obvious card here, but taste in music is highly subjective. What constitutes good "hockey music" for one person can be entirely different for someone else. Even if you burned what you considered the perfect hockey music CD and they played it at the Ralph, I guarantee you that someone would start a thread here about how the music sucked.

No its not that hard really, music that gets you energized, or is loud, or deals with sports in general, specially hockey(the hockey song)(I wanna drive a zambonis)songs should be played. Granted I dont like some of this type of music either but it still works to get the crowed amped no matter what. It wouldn't be THAT hard to get a couple dozen songs together to play each and every game. If it is, shoot me, or give me a job! haha

Speaking of music, and intros and such. I haven't made it to any of the games yet, but would like to know now the intro is before they announce the Sioux starters this year. Let me know what you all think of it. Hopefully, next year's intro shows somebody holding up the trophy from title #8. :silly: