SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs QUINNIPIAC Saturday Game Thread

AZSIOUX

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bishop and Zajac were the two best freshmen IMO as well.

Aside from the poor play on QU's first goal last night, I thought Genoway had a solid weekend, and he'll battle hard for a top-six spot on D. He's a slick player, but a little raw. I'm a bit nervous after this weekend if I'm Kyle Radke. Radke had a so-so weekend and a lot of penalties.

It seemed to me that the Sioux shot a lot more on odd-man rushes this weekend instead of trying to make the extra pass for the "perfect play" like they have in the past. I don't know if they're emphasizing that more this year or if it was a case of trying to catch the G-tender cheating. Regardless, I like seeing shots on net when presented with the opportunity.

I don't know if Radke will be sitting.

He contributed offensively and he did one thing that no other Sioux player did repeatedly: Stood up to QU players when they did some dirty things. Remember when Oshie was hit and slid into the boards in the first period? Who was it that came to Oshie's defense? Radke. When things got a chippy a few times who was there to keep QU at bay? Radke.

Personally, I LIKE Kyle Radke. He's been solid defensively and he's feisty. He won't back down from ANYONE just like Jones. The Sioux need that.

I don't know if Radke will be sitting.

He contributed offensively and he did one thing that no other Sioux player did repeatedly: Stood up to QU players when they did some dirty things. Remember when Oshie was hit and slid into the boards in the first period? Who was it that came to Oshie's defense? Radke. When things got a chippy a few times who was there to keep QU at bay? Radke.

Personally, I LIKE Kyle Radke. He's been solid defensively and he's feisty. He won't back down from ANYONE just like Jones. The Sioux need that.

This is the Radke I've been waiting for....he takes no shi% from anyone....I loved how he jumped in there against the Q's Travis after he cross checked Oshie into the boards....

Without wading all the way through this thread, anyone care to summarize their opinion of UND's weekend?

-Positives

-Negatives

-Surprises

-Status Quo

Thanks!

Positives:

** Oshie Toews and Duncan looked better than last year.

** Phil looked solid in goal, just one iffy play in several periods.

** Several of the rookies can play the game at this speed - Bishop, Zajac, Genoway stood out for a lot of people.

** Some of the guys who didn't play much last season also played solid - Bina, Brad Miller.

** Depth on PK - can roll 6 forwards through

Negatives:

** Second PP unit - guys who've not been in that role at UND.

** Without Finley and without Jones our D will have troubles. We need at least one to be playing well at Wisconsin.

Status Quo:

** If you wear a Holy Cross jersey around the Ralph, be prepared for a lot of high fives. :silly:

Without wading all the way through this thread, anyone care to summarize their opinion of UND's weekend?

-Positives

-Negatives

-Surprises

-Status Quo

Thanks!

****Postives:

Speed and transition games

The top line was on fire.

Balanced scoring in game one.

Oshie, Toews Duncan

Penatly Killing

Goaltending was good.

****Negatitves:

Too many penatlies on Friday night.

Not playing Miller on Saturday night.

****Surprises:

Miller's play on Friday night

Zajac's scoring touch and him being relentless.

****Status Quo:

Beating yet another ECAC team.

Thats good. I wouldn't bid against a players dad, even though Mr. Siouxmama would love to have that jersey (or Finleys).

What do you think Mr. Siouxmama would cough up for Big Joe's game worn throwback from last year. (signed by the big fella himself). It's actually not for sale I just like to torture people. :silly:

What do you think Mr. Siouxmama would cough up for Big Joe's game worn throwback from last year. (signed by the big fella himself). It's actually not for sale I just like to torture people. :D

It wouldn't be Mr. Siouxmama...it would be me. I'd cough it up just like I did for my gameworn Brandt (thanks to a bit of coaching from Sioux-cia and her son...and a guy that told me I could stop bidding because he was going to get it). :silly: HA!! I laugh in the face of threats!

P.S. Thanks for the torture on the Finley throwback! ;):D

The reason we had so many odd man rushes against us was because we would get caught having 3 guys low and not having a high guy in the slot for the most part. If we continue this it will hurt us against wisco.

I think the main reason we kept having to deal with that is because QU kept floating guys up ice. They knew that we would be aggressive, and that mabye they would be able to get a guy behind our defense. The funny thing is when they would flub those great chances. The best was the blown 3 on 1, not even ONE shot, just a missed pass.

I highly doubt UW will try that same thing, why get rid of a defender? It's not the badger way.

The missed passes are things that Wisconsin will NOT do, so we shouldn't expect it or count on it. If a play will be missed, UND will have to break it up.