SiouxSports.com Forum

THE RALPH 5 YEARS OLD TODAY

AZSIOUX

5 years went quick. remember being there opening night. all good except the outcome ??? still a UNBELIEVABLE arena and damn lucky to be able to watch games in this place over the last 5 years. look forward coming back to GF every year to see hockey in the nicest arena in the world

Thanks Ralph!!

brad did a little bit in his blog about 5 moments in 5 years. good piece

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

I would have to say this is my top REA memory.

No. 3 -- Sioux earn Frozen Four berth on home ice. March 24-25, 2006.

In front of the loudest crowd the arena has ever seen, UND blew by Michigan and Holy Cross to win the NCAA West Regional. UND kept the sold-out crowd rocking throughout the weekend by scoring goals early in both games, and the Sioux finished the weekend by giving fans a stick salute at center ice.

My Second favorite moment.

4-3.1.jpg

No. 2 -- Holy Cross shocks Minnesota in NCAA tournament. March 24, 2006.

Holy Cross raised eyebrows by keeping the game close. The Crusaders landed themselves on SportsCenter and in national headlines by pulling off the upset. Holy Cross became the first No. 4 seed to top a No. 1 seed in the NCAA tournament when Tyler McGregor scored in the first minute of overtime.

I think the first game against BC in the 2001-2002 season is worth an honorable mention. Brandon Bochenski scores a hat trick, and the Sioux come back from 3-0 to win 6-3. That was the loudest crowd until the regionals this year. Granted, there aren't too many slots in this entry. Great job overall, though, tis a very balanced collection of big games across all levels and sports.

that bc game is one ofmy favorites.i was back for that series and that was a hell of a comeback. my buddies and i each went throgh a 32 oz miller light every period coming from southgate a few deep already. ahh memeories, or the lack of ??? long night.....

the wjt was crazy. a couple rabid canadian fans said the best 2 inventions at a hockey game were the 32 oz bombers at the ralph and the plastic bottles of beer :lol:

obviously the west regional was great last year. loud as can be and people sporting their sioux logos proudly and kicking some major azz.

the minnesota sweep 2 years ago was a hell of a weekend. scored many many goals, that always makes it a bit more fun!

im sure there are more, just have to do some thinking

The CC series in 02-03? was pretty good as well. The year CC had a really good team with Senja and Preissing and many others and we tied the game with under a minute left. I think we were down 4-2 with a couple of minutes left and tied the game. I believe it was two ties on the weekend in which I think guys were gone for the World Juniors.

The World Junior final of Canada-Russia was incredibly loud as well. I had GO Canada Go ringing in my ears for a few days after that. It was also nice because it was my second day of work and my boss let me go the games with some important Canadian clients of ours. The US game and the gold medal game instead of working your second day. Pretty nice.

This one counts for me.

Tomorrow night my unborn child will attend his/her first Sioux game.

Here's to a great game and a future Sioux Hockey hopefull.

I too will be taking my 18 month old son to his first game and I am so excited to see his reaction.

We watch home games on TV and NHL games and he gets so excited, pointing and yelling.

Its going to be awesome

For me it is the first night of the west regionals this past March. The Holy Cross-MN game set that place a buzzing, setting the stage for the Sioux game. I was hoarse by the end of the Holy Cross game, and the Sioux game finished off my voice. What a memory.

I love Fighting Sioux hockey. But, having said that, I have to admit that Holy Cross's win over the Gophers continues to give me goose bumps. Everytime I hear Remember the Name by Fort Minor, my heart rate goes up, a chill goes through me, the roar of the crowd fills my mind and a rush of memories from all three games that week end flood my mind.

Gopher fans poo poo the game as 'over and done' and criticize us for our on-going 'obsession' with Holy Cross. But this is one sporting event is bigger in NC$$ hockey fans' memories than our opening night loss to MNtc.

It's that 'David vs Goliath' game at the Ralph that is #1 for me and keeps me going over to CrossSports to check up on the 'little guys'.

I love Fighting Sioux hockey. But, having said that, I have to admit that Holy Cross's win over the Gophers continues to give me goose bumps. Everytime I hear Remember the Name by Fort Minor, my heart rate goes up, a chill goes through me, the roar of the crowd fills my mind and a rush of memories from all three games that week end flood my mind.

Gopher fans poo poo the game as 'over and done' and criticize us for our on-going 'obsession' with Holy Cross. But this is one sporting event is bigger in NC$$ hockey fans' memories than our opening night loss to MNtc.

It's that 'David vs Goliath' game at the Ralph that is #1 for me and keeps me going over to CrossSports to check up on the 'little guys'.

I definatly think that Remember the Name should be part of warm ups.

I'd have to agree that the entire West Regional was a blast. I also like the Fri night game last season against Denver where is just felt so good to beat them after losing to them in the Championship game (we'll just igonre the loss on Saturday)

Tomorrow night I will attend my first UND hockey game with my son. That will be an outstanding moment in history for us. We can't wait and probably won't sleep tonight. ???

Be prepared! Once the Fighting Sioux spirit enters your heart, it will NEVER leave!!

Wasn't that the 2003-04 season?

Yes. I remember 'cause the Sioux retained the Nickel that weekend. One of the best football tailgaters I've ever been to (70 degree weather in late October). Pretty good series against BC. Chorney and Zajac verballed right after that weekend.

Yes. I remember 'cause the Sioux retained the Nickel that weekend. One of the best football tailgaters I've ever been to (70 degree weather in late October). Pretty good series against BC. Chorney and Zajac verballed right after that weekend.

Right, I guess I don't know what I was talking about. It was also 2 comebacks. One from 3-0 and another from 4-1. The final was 6-4. UGH...I should have a better memory than that. At least I got the hatty right.

Well, that link doesn't work!

Ummm...

I thought I'd be all cool and post a recap. But the linking is screwed up. USCHO has a decent writer who can give you the rundown, if you so desire ???