SiouxSports.com Forum

Parking at the Ralph

tnt

I see they are going to charge this year for taking the shuttle bus and for various parking lots around the Ralph. I know the cost is nothing like it is in Minneapolis, but neither are the wages around here. I would hate to be a homeowner around the Ralph, because people are going to park in the streets even further from the Ralph now. Why aren't they building a parking ramp at the Ralph like they are by the student union? They already have extra season tickets to sell. This could push a few more people over the edge, especially those that don't mind watching in their recliner on cold winter nights. Not me, mind you, but it is frustrating that every single year of the new Ralph, I have found a good parking spot, and without fail, every year they have taken that lot and turned it into a restricted lot.

I see they are going to charge this year for taking the shuttle bus and for various parking lots around the Ralph. I know the cost is nothing like it is in Minneapolis, but neither are the wages around here. I would hate to be a homeowner around the Ralph, because people are going to park in the streets even further from the Ralph now. Why aren't they building a parking ramp at the Ralph like they are by the student union? They already have extra season tickets to sell. This could push a few more people over the edge, especially those that don't mind watching in their recliner on cold winter nights. Not me, mind you, but it is frustrating that every single year of the new Ralph, I have found a good parking spot, and without fail, every year they have taken that lot and turned it into a restricted lot.

What!?! Parking is at a premium. I don't know how bad it is west of Columbia Rd but cars pack street parking from University Ave north to 10th Avenue N. and Columbia Rd east to N. 25th St. That doesn't include any parking lots.

Next, they're likely going to charge to park in UND owned lots such as the one on University and Columbia. I'm glad I have a parking pass.

If they didn't charge $1200 for a parking pass at the Ralph, or whatever ridiculous amount it is, they wouldn't have to charge for parking everywhere else in the city of Grand Forks. Looks to me that less than 15% of the parking spaces at the Ralph are being used, so in order to get that mighty dollar they are expanding the area for charged parking.

Either last year or the year before, my wife and I broke down the costs and we found that it would be cheaper to take a taxi from our house to the Ralph and back home than it would be to get a parking pass. Something wrong with that.

Now it costs $65 dollars for a season parking pass in the new expanded area. Why not charge $100 for a pass in the actual Ralph parking lot, then they are getting their cash, and the residents around the Ralph are happy because people aren't crowding their streets, and fans are happy because they only have to walk 100 yards in -30 degree temps.

This year, the lot behind Tabula coffee house is a monitored "General" parking lot. I'm not sure if they charge for it (because I went elsewhere), but that still bugs me. As a student, that lot was always great, because it never filled up until after the doors opened. Now that it is an advertised (signs on University) lot, I'm sure there will be much more competition. At least the "A" lot behind the nursing building is still a great, un-tapped lot.

They really should build a ramp, but the odds that they would tarnish the prettiness of the Ralph by putting up an ugly parking ramp are slim. ???

I don't understand why they can't just charge per event parking at the Ralph rather than make people buy a season pass. Since I only get to 2-3 games per year, I'm obviously not going to buy a parking pass. It aggrivates me quite a bit to park three blocks away and then see roughly 15-20% of the lot not even being used anyways.

They are charging $5 per game or $65 for the season pass.

It sounds like if you don't have a parking pass, then riding a bus say from Rumors, The Bun, Southgate etc. is the next best thing. I have a parking pass, but have ridden the buses a couple of times from different establishments over the years and it went over good. The only thing I don't like about riding the buses is that they get you there right before the drop of the puck and we like getting there earlier. Hope this parking thing doesn't get to ugly.

I notice they had a parking sign at the nursing building saying something to the effect that this lot now requires a parking pass. What the heck is that? I suppose a guy will have to hitch hike to get to the game now.

You need a UND student/faculty/staff pass to park in the lot by the Nursing building. They never check that lot on the weekends, but maybe Ralph parking "officials" will now check it.

The lot by the coffee house is now monitored and I'm not sure if they charge for that.

This sounds like an opportunity for someone. If Whitey's and the Blue Moose teamed up with a shuttle service, they could get people to come out to eat prior to the game and get them back there after the game. You could go further and have a bunch of the bars/restaurants downtown get together on transportation. I know that Bonzer's is still open. Are The Hub and Griggs Landing still around. A couple of stops on the west side of the Red and one stop on the east.

This sounds like an opportunity for someone. If Whitey's and the Blue Moose teamed up with a shuttle service, they could get people to come out to eat prior to the game and get them back there after the game. You could go further and have a bunch of the bars/restaurants downtown get together on transportation. I know that Bonzer's is still open. Are The Hub and Griggs Landing still around. A couple of stops on the west side of the Red and one stop on the east.

Whiteys had 2 buses running to games last year. Buffalo Wild Wings had a bus also, many bars have this service, I recommend it as they let you drink on the bus!

Whiteys had 2 buses running to games last year. Buffalo Wild Wings had a bus also, many bars have this service, I recommend it as they let you drink on the bus!

That's what I get for moving away from GF. I'm out of the loop on what is going on. Thanks for the info.

Where can you purchase the $65 parking pass, and how far is it from lot to the REA? I've had it with the shuttle busses. One too many trips where the drivers are not paying close enough attention and stopping short, and that's scary with 2 little kids on a bus jam packed full of people.

Thanks.

Where can you purchase the $65 parking pass, and how far is it from lot to the REA? I've had it with the shuttle busses. One too many trips where the drivers are not paying close enough attention and stopping short, and that's scary with 2 little kids on a bus jam packed full of people.

Thanks.

I think you can get them at Barnes and Noble

The Suite (whatever#) bar located just northeast of The Ralph ran a parking deal most of last year wherein you pay $10 to park in their lot, and then after the game turn in your parking pass for $10 credit toward hors d' oeurves, alcohol, etc. Don't know if they still do it.

You need to make plans soon?? it is tuesday, you have a couple days to figure it out

I guess I should have told you the whole story, huh?

Ok, here's how it plays out. I'm taking a friend with me to the game on Saturday. We live in Fargo, you see? He has plans earlier that day to watch his son play football. I will see him tommorrow evening. After that, we will both be out of touch until Saturday afternoon. He wants to know what time we're going to have to leave. If I have to make plans to go to a different parking lot than the one I usually park in (Med School lot), then I'll have to plan accordingly and let him know tommorrow evening.

Does that make more sense to you now? I'm flattered by how concerned you are about my planning process. ???

You need a UND student/faculty/staff pass to park in the lot by the Nursing building. They never check that lot on the weekends, but maybe Ralph parking "officials" will now check it.

The lot by the coffee house is now monitored and I'm not sure if they charge for that.

My wife is faculty for that one I think I am all set, but what are they going to do start towing people if they don't pass, and is this a lot you need a 65.00 parking pass?

The parking issue is UND not the Ralph. All parking lots on campus will now enforce regular parking passes (S, H, A, G) until 10 PM. People without passes will be ticketed (I don't know about any towing). They talked about doing this last year in the middle of the season but decided to wait. People without parking passes will be allowed to park in the big lot by Memorial Stadium or the lot behind Tabula for $5 per game or $65 for the year. Lot attendants will have daily passes available and I think they will also have the season passes. Season passes are also available at Barnes and Noble. My guess is that the reason for this is 2 fold, to help pay the cost of the shuttles and to raise money (possibly for the move up??).

Bottom line is that if you are a student, staff, faculty or have a regular campus parking pass you just use that. If you don't have one of those you will have to pay to use either of those lots and are not allowed to park in any other UND lot, including the Nursing school.