SIOUX VS MANITOBA GAME THREAD

AZSIOUX

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Back from the game.

It's Hockey Season and I am soooo happy.

Robbie was last on the ice and got a great welcome back. I've watched Robbie skate since he was 5 or 6 years old. He and my son skated together from that age through high school. He had a distinctive skating style that always made it easy to identify him on the ice. That style is gone. It's hard to explain but he's got a different 'get up and go' and backward skating style as well as a couple of other changes that are hard to explain. It's great to see him back on the ice. He gave the game his all with no hesitation or 'protective' moves at all.

Bishop is wearing 19 now. I miss Prp but Bishop did score. I guess he's worthy. ???

The pre-game tailgating was fun. Small group but it was nice to see and meet all of you who were there. We plan on meeting again next Saturday between the end of football and the start of hockey. Hope to see more of you there

The game was great, Everyone was great and well, Grieco did let that first shot in, he was still good. All in all good game and I think you guys covered most of it so not a whole lot to say.

After the first shot Grieco was pretty good. I was impressed with him and he is one of ther bigger goalies to play for UND in some time. I think he will be the starter at the end of the season.

Anybody have any idea why Zach Jones wasn't playing the last half of the game? Did he get hurt, or screw up?

Good question.

I was hoping Forney would play. I'm not too concerned about Zach Jones not playing. It meant that Genoway and Bina got more ice time.

Sioux-cia- I MIGHT (I really want to but it depends upon Grad School and tickets) be able to make it next Saturday.

Back from the game.

It's Hockey Season and I am soooo happy.

Robbie was last on the ice and got a great welcome back. I've watched Robbie skate since he was 5 or 6 years old. He and my son skated together from that age through high school. He had a distinctive skating style that always made it easy to identify him on the ice. That style is gone. It's hard to explain but he's got a different 'get up and go' and backward skating style as well as a couple of other changes that are hard to explain. It's great to see him back on the ice. He gave the game his all with no hesitation or 'protective' moves at all.

Bishop is wearing 19 now. I miss Prp but Bishop did score. I guess he's worthy. ???

The pre-game tailgating was fun. Small group but it was nice to see and meet all of you who were there. We plan on meeting again next Saturday between the end of football and the start of hockey. Hope to see more of you there

Ditto on the tailgating. It was fun, and I really enjoyed meeting a number of people from ss.com. I still smell like the grill, it is so great. The ribs were a big hit, so I will try to bring those next weekend as well. For those that missed it, try to make it next week.

The most exciting thing about the hockey was that its hockey time again. Fabian looks good and was #1 star on the radio. Bina got a great reception, as expected. Duncan's goal was an absolute sniper job, what a wrist shot. And T.J., well his energizer battery is still going, absolutely no quit. Toews is Toews, so slick and nifty, even in traffic. The new guys got plenty of ice time, which was good. Some of last year's guys who didn't get much ice time got it tonight. All in all it was a good opening test to get the bugs out and see what guys can do. The defense went to sleep on Manitoba's first goal, but overall were respectable. Hopefully Qunnipiac will be a little step up before on to Wisconsin.

Did anyone else that was at the game notice when Manitoba blatently cheated after the checking from behind call? I am positive that it was #12 that hit Lee in the corner there from behind, he got sent off, went to the bench, sat down, did a little hiding, and then I saw #24 go to the locker room. It appeared that the linesman called them out on it, questioning the player and coach, but the coach started yelling, and got his way...apparently conviced the refs that it was the 5'10" guy, not the 6'2" guy...i guess that's easy to confuse. Stinkin cheaters. I also saw Robbie get away with an obvious trip, and both refs watched him, and nobody called it. Dude's a baller.

Anybody have any idea why Zach Jones wasn't playing the last half of the game? Did he get hurt, or screw up?

I think one of the game articles mentioned that a few guys played less the last part of the game due to minor injuries. Fabian was one of them, I think Jones was as well. Probable for next week.