SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux-Western Washington Game Thread

Shawn-O

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully this was a good lesson, without the negative consequnces, that the team needs to come out of the locker room prepared to play. They obviously did not start the game that way, but sucked it up in the second half. It will be a clear indication when Reed Manke gets back if the offense returns to its previous productivity and domination.

GO SIOUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Western was a much better team than in the past. All the credit goes to their program. Tough game, but these wins build character. We shut them down in the second half and won the game with the defensive stop.

4-0

I would agree that they are clearly better than last year, but to struggle against them as UND did is a concern, because improved or not, they're still going to finish at or near the bottom of the conference. Traditionally, that's not the type of team that should hang with UND until the last minute in the Alerus. I think the defense will get itself straightened out in short order, but the offense without Manke is a concern. I can almost guarantee that teams are going to sell out to stop the run, and dare Belmore to beat them throwing the ball. Given the way that he's played since his troubles really began in the MSU-Mankato game last year, that makes me very nervous.

I don't believe in sugar coating it with "a win is a win" or whatever. That was a truly pathetic performance against a team that should have been beaten by a minimum of 17 points. This UND team has talent but also has some significant deficiencies... the same issues that seem to creep up year after year lately.

I'm not quite sure I agree with these last two posts. I was at the game today. It is true that UND can't just "show up" and expect to win, but I was very impressed with Western Washington. They were a very physical team. Very much like most NCC teams of the past. QB was good, RB was a nice mix of power and speed. He ran over more than on would-be tackler. And a couple of nice receivers. They threw in a couple of trick plays that worked, and one that didn't (ill-advised fake punt that a real feel of desperation to it. If they punt it away there, they have a real shot at winning.) Lennon will use this game to teach. UND will be ok and WW will not embarrass itself this year.

We were on our way back from a wedding in the Cities and didn't get to hear much of the game. I'm happy that Hellavang got some FG points under his belt. Today his foot won the game for us! That's gotta be a huge monkey off his back.

I can't wait 'til Homecoming!!!!!

GO SIOUX!

We were on our way back from a wedding in the Cities and didn't get to hear much of the game. I'm happy that Hellavang got some FG points under his belt. Today his foot won the game for us! That's gotta be a huge monkey off his back.

I can't wait 'til Homecoming!!!!!

GO SIOUX!

hockeymom can I ask you who's wedding....so was I?