SiouxSports.com Forum

CWU vs UND

SiouxMD

Enough with the friendly banter with our neighbors to the south...it is time for Fighting Sioux football!

UND 37

CWU 13

UND scores 5 touchdowns...the kicker goes 4 for 5 on XP and 1 for 2 on FG.

CWU scores 1 touchdown and two fieldgoals.

BTW...streaming video/audio is blocked here in Iraq so I request frequent updates during gametime...11PM local.

GO SIOUX!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enough with the friendly banter with our neighbors to the south...it is time for Fighting Sioux football!

UND 37

CWU 13

BTW...streaming video/audio is blocked here in Iraq so I request frequent updates during gametime...11PM local.

GO SIOUX!

I'm not sure what I'll be able to pull in at work, either. I'm not sure I've ever had to try, as I don't think a regular season Sioux hockey or football game has been on a weekday afternoon in a long time.

GO SIOUX!

Hey SiouxMD! Hope everything is going well over there. Thanks for doing what you're doing! I'll be posting updates as long as I can get the game to come in, in the middle of nowhere. ;)

UND 37

CWU 13

GO SIOUX!

Sioux 48 CWU 10.

Nice to hear from you. Slacking off in the warm sunshine I would assume. Check out the Hard Rock Cafe in Bahgdad. Great camel burgers. Send an address and I will see if there is anyway to get you a copy of the game film. Keep you head low, ( I forgot, it's always low) your flak jacket zipped and God-speed.

IRA you going to any games this year? Let me know so we can tailgate and party at my old house after the game.

Can't see missing any. The DL FB coach bought an old school bus and painted it green and white for the purpose of tailgating at Sioux games. We should be at every home game and maybe UNI. All are welcome. Your place after the games.

I think this game could be closer than some people think. CWU has one of the best quarterbacks in the NCC returning this year, and I wasn't especially impressed with our secondary during the final 4 games of last season. On the plus side though, the Wildcats lost their top two receivers and top rusher from last year. They'll have an experienced defense with 10 starters returning. There are alot of new faces on both sides of the ball for UND, but a good mix of new and old. My biggest fear is that the Sioux will be looking past CWU to UNI the next week.

UND 33

CWU 21

Dressler will return a kick for a TD in the first half. ;)

To try and get this at least somewhat related to UND FB, are any of you involved with the bus from PLS (Portland Liquor Store) that tailgates before football games? My roommate and I were invited to ride along sometime this season. Sounds like it is a good time.

I do know all involved with the PLS bus thing, although I've never gone myself. I think they do have a very good time, (lots of food and refreshments). I could have gone many times, but I like to be able to abandon ship when I want to. On the bus, you have to be willing to go when everyone else is ready, and make any stops that they want to.

Your last name starts with H, doesn't it. Just had a refreshment with your dad about 3 hours ago.

HAHA yep you got that right, any certain refreshment?......Did he tell ya how Brady Trenbeath was one of the best athletes he's ever coached and hopefully will drop two touchdowns on CWU this week. CAN't wait for the season to start.

GO SIOUX!!!

Here is the week one release. A few changes on the depth chart include Strouth moving into the starting tailback spot, Trenbeath being a starting receiver, Murray starting at guard, and ZBJ at weakside OLB. I can't wait to see the Dressler-Chappell combo returning kicks!

Thought someone posted early in camp that Brandon Brady was the #1 tailback, yet he now isn't on the depth chart. Hurt, or beaten out by Strouth and Beatty?

From the Sporting News:

North Dakota players share the time

At UND, the designation as a starter on defense doesn't mean as much as it does elsewhere. Historically, the playing time is often split evenly among the top two players at each position.

"Our defensive backups play anywhere between 25 to 50 percent of the time," UND Coach Dale Lennon said. "With our front-seven players, its 50-50 or 60-40. With the defensive backs, its split a little less evenly."

That formula is why Lennon is not as worried about graduating seven defensive starters as most coaches would be. Last years starters may have been mostly seniors, but the younger backups logged almost as much playing time.

Sioux 48 CWU 10.

Nice to hear from you. Slacking off in the warm sunshine I would assume. Check out the Hard Rock Cafe in Bahgdad. Great camel burgers. Send an address and I will see if there is anyway to get you a copy of the game film. Keep you head low, ( I forgot, it's always low) your flak jacket zipped and God-speed.

Are you implying that I am short...old man? ;)

Thanks for the game tape offer...I will PM you with an address.