SiouxSports.com Forum

Phil Kessel

Sioux

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just on the Boston Bruins website and they have a poll set up, and the question is should Phill Kessel sign or not. The results are over 52% think he should sign and join the team. Here is a link to the page.

Boston Bruins Web site

The "One move wonder " has his own poll about him. Also on INCH they said a formal announcement about him leaving the Goofs will come today.

The Goofs bow down to Holy Cross and Wisconsin wins the national title.....not a bad college career for the golden one

I guess if Kessel wanted to win a ring he should have gone to Madison.

(From whom did we hear that ad nauseam, regarding Parise?)

No need to worry about that. Hirsch will be back.....

Um, I'm not a therapist, I've never played one on TV and I didn't stay in a holiday inn last night but someone having individual mental health issues is a far cry from being poisonous to a locker room imho. Tyler was a distraction, for sure, at that time. To say he was poisonous is ridiculous, insensitive and just plain wrong.

No need to worry about that. Hirsch will be back.....

Tyler Hirsh is coming back. I thought he went to Europe and played there last year. But it will be nice to see the boy try and play in a straight jacket....I am not trying to poke fun at him..OK yes I am, but he kinda brought it on himself.

Tyler Hirsh is coming back. I thought he went to Europe and played there last year. But it will be nice to see the boy try and play in a straight jacket....I am not trying to poke fun at him..OK yes I am, but he kinda brought it on himself.

Given his condition I would think that there has to be some personal risk in resuming the pressure of playing DI hockey. I wouldn't want the responsibility of making the decision to play him.

Given his condition I would think that there has to be some personal risk in resuming the pressure of playing DI hockey. I wouldn't want the responsibility of making the decision to play him.

I wanted to see what the silly little Goof fans were saying, so I went to GPL.com and one quote is "it is tough to lose the most talented college hockey player in the country". They are depressed over on GPL and I love it. One person did acknowledge that Toews is now the best player in the country, now that Phill left. What a joke. I would much rather have Toews then Phil.

Twin Cities.Com Story

Gophers players will be allowed to work out with the coaching staff for up to two hours a week before Sept. 30, Lucia said, adding that he expects to bring them in Tuesdays and Thursdays for on-ice training. Previously, coaches could work only with groups of four for up to two hours a week prior to the official start of practice.

By having work-outs on Tuesdays and Thursdays, Lucia will keep free the Wednesday and Friday night "team building" sessions at Blarneys.

Twin Cities.Com Story

By having work-outs on Tuesdays and Thursdays, Lucia will keep free the Wednesday and Friday night "team building" sessions at Blarneys.

Despite the penchant for Gopher ripping (which this thread is basically on big Gopher bashing session anyways :D ), I am curious as to the legality behind these practice sessions. Does this mean that Hakstol could do the same for the Sioux? I thought there was some rule that the coaches couldn't be in on practice until a certain time?

Despite the penchant for Gopher ripping (which this thread is basically on big Gopher bashing session anyways :D ), I am curious as to the legality behind these practice sessions. Does this mean that Hakstol could do the same for the Sioux? I thought there was some rule that the coaches couldn't be in on practice until a certain time?

It addresses the rules changes in that article. "Previously, coaches could work only with groups of four for up to two hours a week prior to the official start of practice."

Yes, it's totally legit and trust me, the Sioux are doing the same thing. This isn't Jerry Tarkanian's Runnin' Rebels from the early 1990's where players were enrolled in summer school "phy ed" classes (open only to UNLV men's basketball players) and assistant coaches were taped conducting actual practices.

Probably not very cool.

I would never make fun of someone with a serious mental condition, but I do not think if Hirsh has that mentally ill he should not be playing major college hockey. I just do not want to see Mr. Hirsh really go down when the Sioux beat up on the Goofs. Plus with all the trash talking that goes on during a game. It might not be a good situation for him.

I would never make fun of someone with a serious mental condition, but I do not think if Hirsh has that mentally ill he should not be playing major college hockey. I just do not want to see Mr. Hirsh really go down when the Sioux beat up on the Goofs.

Anyone care to translate?

It addresses the rules changes in that article. "Previously, coaches could work only with groups of four for up to two hours a week prior to the official start of practice."

True, but the Gofers can practice with up to 8 players for 4 hours a week....The Blarneys rules grants them 2 for 1s....

Here is an interesting article for anyone who believes that both the one move wonder and the Don are assets to their team. In this article, one move's dad states that his little boy dropped in the draft because he wasn't utilized correctly by the Don. We may never know the whole truth regarding what went on behind the scenes but it certainly appears that things were far from perfect in Lala Land.

http://www.startribune.com/512/story/620230.html