SiouxSports.com Forum

Phil Kessel

Sioux

I agree; Lucia didn't allow him to play on half the ice surface.

LOL! :D

Kessel Sr., who said he has no hard feelings about the way his son was used last season, does wonder how things might have been different had Kessel played a more prominent role.

Man, oh man. If he takes that attitude to Beantown, and Phil Jr. doesn't do well, it will get real ugly. :D

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, oh man. If he takes that attitude to Beantown, and Phil Jr. doesn't do well, it will get real ugly. :D

Having lived in the Boston Area for a couple of years, I can tell you that the Boston media is brutal, I am sure Phil's handlers will have him on the company line when the season starts. They are still mad as heck about Bill Buckner.

I agree; Lucia didn't allow him to play on half the ice surface.

Ma & Pa Kessel have been the main reason the Phil took all of heat that he has. Do you honestly think that the whole press conference thing was Phil's idea ?? Did it look like he wanted to be there ??

I think this is a case of parents trying to make the big score, or trying to live out their dreams through their son.......which could very well explain why he is a little, should we say, "socially challenged" ??

He IS a great hockey talent......but unless he gets the 2 morons who raised him out of his business, he could be in for a rocky ride the next couple of years too..........

He IS a great hockey talent......but unless he gets the 2 morons who raiesed him out of his business, he could be in for a rocky ride the next couple of years too..........

I think the last "Hockey Dad" I recall who got too involved in their kid's career was Daddy Lindros, and look how that's turned out.

That said, best of luck to Phil Jr in the big leagues.

Ma & Pa Kessel have been the main reason the Phil took all of heat that he has. Do you honestly think that the whole press conference thing was Phil's idea ?? Did it look like he wanted to be there ??

I think this is a case of parents trying to make the big score, or trying to live out their dreams through their son.......which could very well explain why he is a little, should we say, "socially challenged" ??

He IS a great hockey talent......but unless he gets the 2 morons who raised him out of his business, he could be in for a rocky ride the next couple of years too..........

How would I know, but just my gut from what I hear and read says that Kessel takes a lot of grief for stuff that comes from his parents, not him. In that sense I kind of feel sorry for him.

I think the last "Hockey Dad" I recall who got too involved in their kid's career was Daddy Lindros, and look how that's turned out.

That said, best of luck to Phil Jr in the big leagues.

As well as the Patrick O'Sullivan situation.

These are all the nightmare vicarious parents that people with kids in sports should aspire NOT to be.

Am I missing something here, or does this really say what I think it does?

"Maybe if he was asked to do more -- and did more -- maybe he would have been the first or second pick in the draft instead of No. 5," Kessel Sr., said. "And then maybe he would have been back this year because that team wouldn't have wanted him to come in."

Because he went lower in the draft he turned pro, but if he had gone 1 or 2 he would still be with the Gophers? He would have been less desirable by the pros at a higher pick? Someone must have gone without sleep for several days to come up with that one.

Holy crap, parents are psycho.

his are for sure, explains a lot :D

thank god i dont have his parents and if i did have his parents and they wanted to share their opinions to the public i would tell them to take a back seat, shut the hell up and i will buy you a bad ass house and all the toys when I decide to sign, until then (ZIP IT)

This is one reason I've never picked on Phil that much. From what you read and hear it sounds like his parents are real treats. I would bet much of what Phil gets crap for is propogated from his parents. I almost feel sorry for him.

I do find the comment about going higher in the draft and having his team not want him strange. I'm wondering if that is some sort of a shot at Toews, i.e. "big deal, you ended up higher in the draft but guess what? Chicago didn't want you and the Bruins want Phil, so where does that leave you?". Who knows?

I'm wondering if that is some sort of a shot at Toews, i.e. "big deal, you ended up higher in the draft but guess what? Chicago didn't want you and the Bruins want Phil, so where does that leave you?". Who knows?

It leaves him in a place that he didn't mind going back to, and at a place where he can develop as a player in order to be more ready. Maybe Phil (Kessel, not the real one) thought he was ready and that was his choice. I wish him the best of luck, though I still don't like him as a hockey player. As for his parents, he is almost 19, technically they can't make all of his decisions anymore if he doesn't want them to.

It leaves him in a place that he didn't mind going back to, and at a place where he can develop as a player in order to be more ready. Maybe Phil (Kessel, not the real one) thought he was ready and that was his choice. I wish him the best of luck, though I still don't like him as a hockey player. As for his parents, he is almost 19, technically they can't make all of his decisions anymore if he doesn't want them to.

Maybe that's one reason he's getting into his professional career as soon as possible. Trying to get away from mom and dad.

Maybe that's one reason he's getting into his professional career as soon as possible. Trying to get away from mom and dad.

Didn't work for Eric Lindros.

Anyways, in the light that these reports brings, and this will fly right in the face with (seemingly) quite a few here, I think this "revelation" really puts a lot of the "problems" Kessel seems to be known for off of Kessel's shoulders.

I mean, how much of these rumors around Kessel's attitude really is Kessel? If you ask me, the real cancers with the last name "Kessel" don't lace up the skates nor have they wore Maroon and Gold or any collegiate or pro hockey jersey.