SiouxSports.com Forum

Another Coach Gone

BigGame

If you're doing good things folks will always try to get your people. When they don't want your staff is when you worry. :crazy:

So who's prime to replace him? Why'd the words "Larimore" and "Crookston" just jump to mind?

I agree that either Starcevic or Schmidt would be prime candidates to replace Kotelnicki, assuming either is interested in getting into college coaching.

Doesn't leave much time to find a new coach. Schmidt would be a good replacement, but I don't know if he would leave crookston right now. He has a good thing going there. Good football team and a great young talented girls BB team. Lennon will be on Tim and Sywg show wednesday morning so he might address this at that time along with other important issues. It's about time that our radio guys have Lennon on to talk about FB and the news worthy D-I move.

If you're doing good things folks will always try to get your people. When they don't want your staff is when you worry. :crazy:

So who's prime to replace him? Why'd the words "Larimore" and "Crookston" just jump to mind?

It kind of seems that UND football has it's own little minor league for coaches doesn't it

So does that mean that our Women's Hockey program is in good shape?

And before I get flamed I by no means am trying to refer that our FB is in poor shape, just being a little sarcastic with the above comment

Hopefully when the radio boys have Lennon on tomorrow they will ask him some "tough " questions . I know when they did have Lennon on after we went DI they didn't ask the questions a lot of people wanted to know. Most Sioux fans are still curious about what Lennon thinks about the Northern Iowa game. The media have never talked to him about it. Hopefully the radio boys will ask him if he was " for " the game or "not". Since we are playing the Northern Iowa game what is his gut feeling about what the game will be like. Is this a rebuilding year for our defense or a reloading year. How much has it hurt us with the constant changes in our coaching staff. At what position does he anticipate Chappelle being used at. At the top of the list of questions to ask Dale though is whether he was for the Northern Iowa game or not. Is there any penalty for playing a DIAA game now? If there is a penalty how does it compare to when we had the whole Bison scenerio a couple years ago? What is your gut feeling as to when we will be paying NDSU and SDSU again? In this six year transition what would you anticipate to to be the topughest years to recruit to? Would it be years 1 and 2, or would it be years 3 and 4 ? Go Sioux!!!!

Hopefully when the radio boys have Lennon on tomorrow they will ask him some "tough " questions . I know when they did have Lennon on after we went DI they didn't ask the questions a lot of people wanted to know. Most Sioux fans are still curious about what Lennon thinks about the Northern Iowa game. The media have never talked to him about it. Hopefully the radio boys will ask him if he was " for " the game or "not". Since we are playing the Northern Iowa game what is his gut feeling about what the game will be like. Is this a rebuilding year for our defense or a reloading year. How much has it hurt us with the constant changes in our coaching staff. At what position does he anticipate Chappelle being used at. At the top of the list of questions to ask Dale though is whether he was for the Northern Iowa game or not. Is there any penalty for playing a DIAA game now? If there is a penalty how does it compare to when we had the whole Bison scenerio a couple years ago? What is your gut feeling as to when we will be paying NDSU and SDSU again? In this six year transition what would you anticipate to to be the topughest years to recruit to? Would it be years 1 and 2, or would it be years 3 and 4 ? Go Sioux!!!!

Reading at the Bison & Bunny boards, there is a possibility of getting a game in '07, but that's something that needs to get arranged soon. Both Bison and Bunnies are close to a full slate for '07. Because of the hard feelings between NDSU/UND, I actually think a SDSU/UND is more likely in '07. We have a long rivalry also, just not quite as intense as intrastate flagship games (SDSU's is USD). '08 is likely to be a no play year for either Bison or Bunnies as they try for the I-AA play-offs in their first year of eligibility. The one caviat to that, is if invited to the GWFC for '08, then play. However, as a team that will count as a D-II when playing an I-AA team, may not get invitation that year. Can almost guarantee if any other NCC schools join you on moving up that GWFC won't invite because don't count toward I-AA game count. I-AA team MUST WIN 7 D-I games to make play-off. Cal Poly was denied (woofed) a play-off game in '04 because of their 2 D-II games vs SDSU & NDSU. '09 - playing UND counts as a I-AA team, you're in transition. GAME ON, and welcome to the GWFC!!!!

Your toughest transition years start in '08. No longer D-II, not D-I. Limbo Land :angry: Get with the other transitioning schools that are 1 to 2 yr ahead of you for match ups. Southland, Big Sky, and OVC, Gateway and even SoCon teams (especially Ga Southern) love playing transitional games. A couple of your home games are likely to be D-II games in '08, and look into playing a non-schollie I-AA team that 1st year (home & home?) Drake would be overjoyed to get a game.

At the top of the list of questions to ask Dale though is whether he was for the Northern Iowa game or not. Is there any penalty for playing a DIAA game now? If there is a penalty how does it compare to when we had the whole Bison scenerio a couple years ago? What is your gut feeling as to when we will be paying NDSU and SDSU again? In this six year transition what would you anticipate to to be the topughest years to recruit to? Would it be years 1 and 2, or would it be years 3 and 4 ? Go Sioux!!!!

I don't think UND would be playing UNI if Lennon didn't want to.

The game compares almost perfectly with NDSU/Griz. I didn't foresee a Bison upset then and I don't see a UND one this year, but it should be an exciting game, especially if you like cheering for the underdog. I really don't want to see a drubbing.

I agree with rabidrabbit, '07 or '09 will be the first year. Ignore the Bison fans who say never again or something similar, it's a good game that will continue when it's best for NDSU (and our athletic department isn't as vendictive as many think).

If UND makes a serious commitment to DI, they should be able to recruit well throughout the transition. I think that the upcoming year will be toughest as UND still hasn't made a formal commitment to DI imo. It will get steadily easier after that. So years 0, 1 and 2, would be the toughest to me.

The big Mandan boy is already in the office at football....just a matter of timing to announce it....emergency hire....great for him....great for UND...he is a class act....and usually a good guy...even though he is from Mandan...

Great for the Sioux. HUGE hit for the CHS athletic department. They've really lost some good people this summer. But, then again, it is Crookston. :angry:;)

The big Mandan boy is already in the office at football....just a matter of timing to announce it....emergency hire....great for him....great for UND...he is a class act....and usually a good guy...even though he is from Mandan...

Mandan...at least you know he is tough and not a wuss from bismarck! :angry:

Hope he gets the position and I don't see why he wouldn't in this situation! Works out great for both!

inside joke about Mandan....but oh well....another coach who could be on the move is the HC...DL....have heard he has been throwing his name out there....not very happy with new administration...guess we will see.....

I know...same here legend :angry:

Hey...I heard...neither of you...would know $hit...if you stepped in it...

While we are talking unsubstantiated rumor, I heard UND kindof overdid it in their DI move. Rumor has it that Bunning actually has us going DI-A in all sports.

If you believe that, then you can believe Lennon is going somewhere too. They both have equal probability.

I guess time will tell if I am correct or not....but I can tell you this....the person who told me this golfs with him...drinks beers with him....has many long long conversations with him...so i am guessing its reliable...and actually....D1A...is a better bet....IMHO

Great for the Sioux. HUGE hit for the CHS athletic department. They've really lost some good people this summer. But, then again, it is Crookston. ???;)

ah, ah, ah....be nice! ???

Crookston was very lucky to have Eric Schmidt coach in both of the positions that he did in that athletic department...but Eric was lucky to have Crookston too!! They offered him a head job in what, his first year out of college? It was a pretty good fit for both sides...