SiouxSports.com Forum

Potts Resigns

SiouxMD

That is incorrect. The resolution was explicitly worded to demonstrate support of the position of Chancellor, not Potts himself.

So why didn't they support the office of Chancellor over the lone rogue university president of 11?

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The board supports a strong chancellor by an 8-0 vote.

Then (from the AG):

The university and college presidents met on March 26 to work on a resolution of support for a strong university system. Dr. Chapman did not attend the meeting, but he opposed the resolution, and was the only president not to endorse the resolution.

During the meeting of the presidents, Dr. Donna Thigpen, president of Bismarck State College, spoke to Dr. Chapman by telephone and acted as a liaison between him and the other presidents, who favored the resolution.

According to Dr. Thigpen, during one of the phone calls with Dr. Chapman, he told her that during the morning break of the SBHE meeting on March 27 in Dickinson, Chancellor Potts would be taken aside by a Board member, who would tell him there were enough votes to fire him, and then suggest he consider resigning.

Dr. Thigpen said Dr. Chapman was adamant that the presidents

Page 2, paragraphs 2 and 4, "OPEN RECORDS AND MEETINGS OPINION 2006-O-11".

?

That says nothing about Hoeven's concern with Pott's before or after discussion, it just says that he traveled by plane with an alumnus and soon after scheduled a meeting with higher ed board members.

Your inference is a stretch and your use of language is inciteful.

This whole thing is a mess and taints everyone associated with it in a far from positive light.

I believe the whole ND SBoHE, save for the newly installed members (as of July 1, namely Charles Murphy and the student member), should be removed by the Governor.

Call it a "do-over." :D

So the board supports a strong chancellor (as long as it's not Potts).

So you agree with the fact I posted earlier.

And Chapman appears to have remote control over when agenda items are introduced as well.

Chapman operates an institution that the board has oversight over, so an issue of concern to him specifically may be of interest to the board.

Saying that he has a 'remote control' is unfounded.

PS - How did Chapman know this --> " ... that ... Chancellor Potts would be taken aside by a Board member, who would tell him there were enough votes to fire him, and then suggest he consider resigning."

Gee, could it be because he discussed it with someone in the know?

That says nothing about Hoeven's concern with Pott's before or after discussion, it just says that he traveled by plane with an alumnus and soon after scheduled a meeting with higher ed board members.

Your inference is a stretch and your use of language is inciteful.

It's quacking, flapping, and waddling. What is it?

Gee, could it be because he discussed it with someone in the know?

How does one reconcile that with ....

Dr. Chapman claimed he could not remember the conversation, but he did not say that Dr. Thigpen's account was inaccurate.

He's in the know, but doesn't know it?

Chapman operates an institution that the board has oversight over, so an issue of concern to him specifically may be of interest to the board.

Saying that he has a 'remote control' is unfounded.

AG's report:

... Chapman was adamant that the presidents' resolution of support for a strong university system be delivered to the Board after the morning break ...

The truth hurts as is obvious by your lame reply :lol:

He's baaack! (Actually, I think my reply was pretty clever! :D )

Com'on, bubbula, show me the truth, I'm ready. I've only been going by statements Chapman has made to the AG and the press. Obvviously, you're getting your information straight from the horse's a$$, hum, mouth. Com'on, lay it on me. I'm ready!

Please refrain from your delusional comments about how I feel about NDSU, Clinton, my obsession with NDSU, and my jealousies, unless you can site any posts that prove your insane accusations and that your not avoiding the subject by accusing me of juvenile 'jealousies'. I want to discuss the AG's report and Chapman's lies, memory loss and the SBoHE members obvious collusions. Oh, and while you're at it, please answer the question you've been avoiding. Did Chapman lie to the Attorney General or to the media?

He's baaack! (Actually, I think my reply was pretty clever! :D )

Com'on, bubbula, show me the truth, I'm ready. I've only been going by statements Chapman has made to the AG and the press. Obvviously, you're getting your information straight from the horse's a$$, hum, mouth. Com'on, lay it on me. I'm ready!

Please refrain from your delusional comments about how I feel about NDSU, Clinton, my obsession with NDSU, and my jealousies, unless you can site any posts that prove your insane accusations and that your not avoiding the subject by accusing me of juvenile 'jealousies'. I want to discuss the AG's report and Chapman's lies, memory loss and the SBoHE members obvious collusions. Oh, and while you're at it, please answer the question you've been avoiding. Did Chapman lie to the Attorney General or to the media?

You really have a thing for Dr. Chapman. Too bad - best president in the group by far. UND and their alumni are scared of him and the success of NDSU. With him at the helm it won't be long before NDSU overtakes UND in students, that's why this is even being discussed.

How delusional are many of the NDSU fans on this board? Why is everything about UND? Chapman and Potts don't like each other and something was done about it. What the hell does that have to do with UND? Holy Christ some of you are paranoid. People can seperate a rivalry from other issues.

How delusional are many of the NDSU fans on this board? Why is everything about UND? Chapman and Potts don't like each other and something was done about it. What the hell does that have to do with UND? Holy Christ some of you are paranoid. People can seperate a rivalry from other issues.

My estimate is at least one. :D

The issue has a great deal to do with UND as evident by both the interest and relevant comments made by many posters on this thread.

I agree that many, not just a single NDSU fan posting on this thread, are forcing the facts and rumors to support their pre-existing sentiments regarding the two institutions.