SiouxSports.com Forum

Jordan Parise

Sioux

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wouldnt NJ have him come to their camp before signing him?? also, i wouldnt start saying congratulations to something that that is not confirmed yet...

When is or was the prospect's camp? Could not find it on the NJ site.

When is or was the prospect's camp? Could not find it on the NJ site.

Generally drafted players take part in the prospect's camp. Can't find a schedule for a NJ camp either.

Here are the lineups for the Blackhawks camp, scrimmages are free and open to the public for any of you in Chicago.

Note several pros, including Bochenski, are at the camp taking part in the Dan Jansen skating instruction. None of the pros will take part in the scrimmages.

Do you have any proof that it is not true ?

no, i dont...and no offense to the the people that say he signed, but im not going to believe anything until i get an official link...there have been simply too many rumors about when he supposedly signed...some said saturday, sun., last night...or whenever. but i do think its a strong possibility he will sign, and if he does im sure it will be in the next few days.

I wonder which of those goals were weak in your opinion? I thought each and every one of them was a great shot.

As I recall (I was there), the first two were over the glove from opposite side forty feet out (not exactly great shots and very stoppable) and the third was between the pads and the pipe which is a pure goaltending mistake. But hey, I agree that one game does not make a career and everyone can have one - JPar did have a bad game against BC. I feel bad that his last college game had to end that way. I wish him well in the NHL and wish he were not going. He is still a damn good goalie.

As is the norm for you here, another useful post. Gee, thanks, skippy :ohmy: BTW, we hope none of the current gopher netminders leave, for obvious reasons.

Well, he will soon know how it feels when phil (not so much of a thrill), and ej (it's alway's been my dream to wear the treasured brown and yellow "M"), sign their pro deals. Then the pity party will be in full effect.

Hey if they leave good for them. I still think Jpar is not ready for the NHL.

That's why you aren't a scout for the NHL. Do you honestly think New Jersey would sign him if he wasn't ready? He is just as ready as any other college player leaving early. Next!!!!

Hey if they leave good for them. I still think Jpar is not ready for the NHL.

Does everyone who signs immediately go to the NHL? Do teams sign guys who can't do much more in college to develop in the minors, especially goalies? (How long was Ed Belfour down before he started winning Vezina's and Cups?)

If you believe the average Sioux fan thinks Parise will have Martin Brodeur's job by November 1, you need to buy a better quality tin foil to make hats out of from now on. :lol::ohmy:

If you guys get REALLY desperate for a goalie you could have Frazee, I sure as heck would not mind seeing that little puke leave the team, of course even being a Gopher fan I would not even wish that upon you guys. :ohmy:

Tough loss for the Sioux, I have to say of all the teams the Sioux have to have been hit the hardest by off-season departures. Not sure what kind of talent they have coming in next season but I would think it's going to be a slow start for the Sioux.

Not trying to stir the pot here just giving an opinion but Parise never really did impress me much during the regular season but man did he get on fire during the post-season, when it really mattered too. Wish Briggs could be that way.

BertMcDonalds, Go back to Gopher Crap Live, Oh wait, its busted down Again, sorry!!!

Can I buy some furniture?

Thats allright GPL is down, we can still get Gopher Talk on SiouxSports.com because most topics on this board eventually turn into Gopher talk :ohmy:

Not trying to stir the pot here just giving an opinion but Parise never really did impress me much during the regular season but man did he get on fire during the post-season, when it really mattered too. Wish Briggs could be that way.

We Gophers fans didn't see Parise's best hockey. He had a bad weekend vs. the Gophers in Grand Forks and was hurt while the Mariucci series was played. It is my opinion that Parise made a huge stride during the '05-'06 season. From listening to many Sioux radio broadcasts it seemed like he was under constant pressure this year. His save percentage went significantly up, despite facing far more shots per game and no doubt far more quality shots per game. He seemed to flop around quite a bit in the past, but I wish Briggs would flop at times because that would mean he at least knew where the puck was.

We Gophers fans didn't see Parise's best hockey. He had a bad weekend vs. the Gophers in Grand Forks and was hurt while the Mariucci series was played. It is my opinion that Parise made a huge stride during the '05-'06 season. From listening to many Sioux radio broadcasts it seemed like he was under constant pressure this year. His save percentage went significantly up, despite facing far more shots per game and no doubt far more quality shots per game. He seemed to flop around quite a bit in the past, but I wish Briggs would flop at times because that would mean he at least knew where the puck was.

Yeah. Briggs just stands there with the puck at his feet just to allow his opponent an easy goal.