SiouxSports.com Forum

Stafford makes the jump

gordwiser

Unless a last minute change, Drew will be signing his NHL contract Saturday with a $900k signing bonus. This is a reliable source, but to answer some questions:

1. No, I don't have a link.

2. No, I can't give the source.

3. No, I am not a troll. My second post here but I have been on USCHO for years.

4. I hope I am wrong, but we all know Stafford leaving is 99% a foregone conclusion anyway.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless a last minute change, Drew will be signing his NHL contract Friday with a $900k signing bonus. This is a reliable source, but to answer some questions:

3. No, I am not a troll. My second post here but I have been on USCHO for years.

4. I hope I am wrong, but we all know Stafford leaving is 99% a foregone conclusion anyway.

I don't doubt you at all....this is a foregone conclusion. It is only a matter of time. I just hope this is it, or things all of a sudden are going to start to look bleak for next year.

No, I know gordwiser isn't a troll (I don't even know what he looks like ;)). But I'll wait for the official announcement.

Even if it is true, it wouldn't be unexpected either. Buffalo wants him badly.

and Buffalo deserves him. staffy is an amazing player, and a great guy. im very sad to see him go, but im glad he was able to post 3 very strong years here before he leaves. its dissapointing, though, to me personally, because i talked to him in class last fall and at that point, he was pretty sure he was staying. i guess it goes to show how much 1 season can change a player, or how a team looks at you availability wise. but, go get em drew! cant wait to see ya on the ice. and, sorry to say, but i cant wait to see big MIKE COMMODORE on my Hurricanes knock you to the ice just once! just because its the Hurricanes. haha

good luck!

Good luck to Drew. He gave us 3 good years, and it seems lately that we're lucky to get that anymore. So THANKS!!

It's nice to get this stuff out of the way early so us fans can end the speculation and move on. The worst are the lingering situations and the late summer surprises. We may yet get those.

Nothing yet on the Hockey Futures or on the Buffalo News or NHL.com but its still early.

The Drew Stafford watch looks like its in it final stages.

wow. my weekend is going to just f'n suck. my day went down hill today when i found out about the name,but now im just going to be a wreck...

Stafford will be gone, he was a foresure this year after the season ended. I felt Smaby would be first to go with Stafford the second. I didn't think Zajac would sign, but he is ready to make the jump. Smaby, Stafford and Zajac will be three early departures to the pros which will tie Minnesota for most underclassmen departures. Minnesota lost Potulny, Irmen and Chucko.

Unless a last minute change, Drew will be signing his NHL contract Saturday with a $900k signing bonus. This is a reliable source, but to answer some questions:

There are no more $900,000 signing bonuses.

2004 Draft Picks can receive the maximum $688,940 in the first two years of the contract, and $984,200 in the third year under the terms of the NHL Collective Bargaining Agreement. In addition to salary, players can receive a signing bonus of $590,520, to be paid in the first two years of the contract, and has the potential to earn the maximum entry-level performance bonuses, totaling $850,000 per year.

There are no more $900,000 signing bonuses.

2004 Draft Picks can receive the maximum $688,940 in the first two years of the contract, and $984,200 in the third year under the terms of the NHL Collective Bargaining Agreement. In addition to salary, players can receive a signing bonus of $590,520, to be paid in the first two years of the contract, and has the potential to earn the maximum entry-level performance bonuses, totaling $850,000 per year.

LOL, now we are clouding the issue with facts. I didn't think there any more 900,000.00 bonuses.

Stafford will be gone, he was a foresure this year after the season ended. I felt Smaby would be first to go with Stafford the second. I didn't think Zajac would sign, but he is ready to make the jump. Smaby, Stafford and Zajac will be three early departures to the pros which will tie Minnesota for most underclassmen departures. Minnesota lost Potulny, Irmen and Chucko.

Once again, we'll outshine MN. Unfortunately.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings but #18 is gone folks. Flame away all you want, but if I was a betting man I would put money on Stafford being AWOL by early next week. You can wait for "official" comnfirmation if you must, but I can guarantee this is true.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings but #18 is gone folks. Flame away all you want, but if I was a betting man I would put money on Stafford being AWOL by early next week. You can wait for "official" comnfirmation if you must, but I can guarantee this is true.

Source, link and official news releases please.

...... but if I was a betting man I would put money on Stafford being AWOL by early next week.

Duhhh, everyone knows he's going to be gone next week! He's playing in the U.S.A. Men's National Hockey team in Lativia May 5-21. I'm sure he has to get with the team before then!! ;)