SiouxSports.com Forum

2006 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs

AZSIOUX

Last night's intermission on CBC, Cherry did his annual interview with the projected top draft picks. Included Toews, Kessel, Johnson, Staal, and French-speaking Quebec player (didn't understand the name).

I always enjoy it during the playoffs when Cherry interviews the top potential draft picks.

Did you notice how Toews said, "My team was the U. of ND"?

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night's intermission on CBC, Cherry did his annual interview with the projected top draft picks. Included Toews, Kessel, Johnson, Staal, and French-speaking Quebec player (didn't understand the name).

See my earlier post on the subject. The Frenchie was Brassard

See my earlier post on the subject. The Frenchie was Brassard

Hadn't looked here for a day, and when I looked, didn't see it, since it was already a page back. Thought you'd be watching CBC, looked for the one move :silly: , then posted myself :D

I should add that Johnson seemed like a confident, poised youngster also. It will be impossible to believe that he won't be offered the rookie max after being drafted, expecially at #1. Guess we'll see if it's his lifelong dream to be a Gopher, in spite of the money and the chance at getting to the big show very young.

Hadn't looked here for a day, and when I looked, didn't see it, since it was already a page back. Thought you'd be watching CBC, looked for the one move :silly: , then posted myself :D

I should add that Johnson seemed like a confident, poised youngster also. It will be impossible to believe that he won't be offered the rookie max after being drafted, expecially at #1. Guess we'll see if it's his lifelong dream to be a Gopher, in spite of the money and the chance at getting to the big show very young.

Yeah, EJ did seem VERY confident in front of a camera. Too bad that, at most, he's a one year wonder with the Gophers because he would have Captain written all over him if he stayed. Quite possibly Captain at Sophomore, but... that's pure speculation.

Is that 2 assists by Greene :D:silly:

That's one way of looking at it...

Seems reminiscent (sp) of the Sioux 2004-2005 season, crummy penalties?

Oh well, like Siouxmama already stated, Oilers goal! 2-2

Can anybody tell me why NHL referees are not required to wear helmets, since they have made that a requirement for players.

I believe they were grandfathered just like the players were. Though the refs were required later.