SiouxSports.com Forum

Upcoming NFL Draft

NuSu

I know the draft is a couple of weeks away, but has anyone seen how Smith & Street's or Sporting News has positioned Chris in the o-line?

I believe S & S have him listed as the 16th rated guard in the draft. Of course, this rating is objective. Teams such as Denver and Atalanta would probably have him rated much higher than a team such as the Carolina Panthers. This isn't a knock on Chris, but he is more suited for the style of offenses the Broncos and Falcons run than the pound it out style of the Panthers. I think he'll end up being a 4th or 5th round pick.

• 3 weeks later...

yeah digger wont be drafted, he isnt on the draft lineup. glas will be taken as a free agent. hopefully digger will be taken in free agency, too. althought his size is a bit below average, he is a tough, mean, and agile player. he would fit in SOMEWHERE you would think. i also have to give a shoutout to Guy Whimper from East Carolina (taken by N.Y. Giants 129th overall). I am transferring there next fall and have a many friends who watched him play last season. Congrats to everyone in the draft, too.

I'd think Digger could get a free agent contract somewhere, and maybe find a role for himself as a special teams guy. I think he is just too small to play linebacker in the NFL.

yea, thats what i meant. lineback, sure, he was good in DII football. but, the NFL is no NCAA DII football. he would get creamed and hurt badly. special teams seems like a good fit.

His pro day is what really hurt him... A 4.9 40 and 225lb 19 times aren't very impressive when it comes to the NFL. Special teams is about the most i see him doing in the NFL.

Yeah, I would have thought a special teams coach would love to get his hands on Digger. I'll bet he'll get picked up somewhere. He could even go Arena League as well, I think he could fit in nicely there.

What happened with Eslinger? I thought last year he was considered the top center in the nation. Then he comes back for his senior season, wins the Outland and then is drafted in the 6th round? Huh?

He is considered to small, only a couple of teams use lineman like him so he wasn't drafted very high. I think he will still have a good NFL career.