SiouxSports.com Forum

Parise

dropTHEgloves

About blaming Parise for the loss...

Last night I was thinking, "What a bunch of soft goals... Parise sucks and he cost us the game."Then I was thinking, "Man... where was our defense? They looked like crap and cost us the game."Then I was thinking, "Why couldn't we score on that guy? The shots were right there... can't anybody on this team complete a friggin pass? Our crappy offense cost us the game." Then I was thinking, "What on earth is Hakstol thinking? He should've pulled Jordan after the first. Why isn't he pressing right now? Why is he pressing right now? That damn Hakstol cost us the game."

And today, after sleeping on it and working a bit (and calming down a lot) all I can think is, "What a great run for this young team that almost didn't make the final five. If these guys hang around, next year is going to be awesome."

So in a nutshell, I've come to two unarguable conclusions:

1. I love and care greatly for Fighting Sioux sports.

2. No accountability makes it very easy for us to be fans... and I'm cool with that.

Thanks hockey team and coaches for another great year. :)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"What a great run for this young team that almost didn't make the final five. If these guys hang around, next year is going to be awesome."

So in a nutshell, I've come to two unarguable conclusions:

1. I love and care greatly for Fighting Sioux sports.

2. No accountability makes it very easy for us to be fans... and I'm cool with that.

Thanks hockey team and coaches for another great year. :)

Nice post airmail. Great summation for a fun, and frankly surprising Fighting Sioux hockey season!

I agree 100% that if you step back and reflect on the whole season it was quite a run from this club. I was the one b@#%^ing about the poor play and Hakstols methods. Once again I was proven wrong as I was last year. If they finish ever year like the last two I will continue to do my mid-season rants and Sprig,Dagies,MafiaMan and PCM can shut me down. No matter what always a Sioux fan :)

No soft goals?? I know the defense left him out to dry a couple of times but dont tell me he didnt let in some soft ones... The third and fourth goals in particular.. that third goal was a luck goal but there is no way he shouldnt be covering the pipe and the fourth five hole goal was brutal.. When Parise is on his game he is a high quality tender but tonight he was brutal. I am not taking anything away from him but I am just saying to those who think he is a flight risk is just plain unreasonable. And yes it is a risk putting Lamoureux in but Parise still did let in 3 goals after the first. When Parise is on his game he is unbelievable such as the sconi game but tonight he reminded me of the early gopher series.

I was watching the game with a goalie friend of mine and he thought Parise let in one soft goal. You can't blame a loss on the goalie, it's just not fair. The defense could have prevented that soft goal anyway but not coughing the puck up.

Except for Hakstol, Berry, Eades, the Sioux players, and most of us diehard fans, you're right, he should have been relieved.

Newsflash, bucko, neither goaltender played well. Schneider nearly gave the game away in the third period according to reports.. I mean, yeah, Parise gave up 6 goals, but Schneider gave up 5 including 2 short handed goals.

Seriously, Parise as an NHL netminder is something I don't know if he'll ever do, but saying that he isn't wrthy of being allowed to play the entire game despite unfortunate circumstances is just plain stupid.

Yeah, we lost. Yeah, it sucked. No, it wasn't Jordy's fault. Plain. Simple. Period. The End.

Schneider played outstanding...

I've also wondered about Lamoureax possibly transfering. I know his dad was a backup goaltender here, so maybe he'll be a good teammate and stay, but can anyone really blame Phil if he pulled a Ziegelmann and decided to transfer elsewhere... :)

Five goals? Outstanding? Your definition of the word is different from mine.

I am going to go out on a limb and agree with PCM. Scheider is anything but special. Letting in 5 goals in a hockey game ussually will get you an early shower and a loss. 5 goals is 5 goals. Unforunately our goaltender let in 6 goals. In fact UND has hung 11 on Schneider in the last two games, ussually you would expect 2 victories. I bet Vancover isn't looking at signing him anytime soon, they have enough goalies in their system seiving our right now. In fact I think he is right up there with Montoya as being one of the most overrated USA goalies.

I am going to go out on a limb and agree with PCM. Scheider is anything but special. Letting in 5 goals in a hockey game ussually will get you an early shower and a loss. 5 goals is 5 goals. Unforunately our goaltender let in 6 goals. In fact UND has hung 11 on Schneider in the last two games, ussually you would expect 2 victories. I bet Vancover isn't looking at signing him anytime soon, they have enough goalies in their system seiving our right now. In fact I think he is right up there with Montoya as being one of the most overrated USA goalies.

I've yet to see Schneider in a game that he looked like anything special. IMO he was the softer goaltender on Thursday, in spite of the BC win. Funny how many of the articles have him as "outstanding" in that game while Parise was a sieve. Guess that's the difference between winning and losing, no matter how the game was played.

I've yet to see Schneider in a game that he looked like anything special. IMO he was the softer goaltender on Thursday, in spite of the BC win. Funny how many of the articles have him as "outstanding" in that game while Parise was a sieve. Guess that's the difference between winning and losing, no matter how the game was played.

I guess we are missing it out here in the hinder land. I couldn't see Cory Starting over Parise if he was on the Sioux. Very Briggs like in my opinion.

After watching the game against BC again, I thought back to how often during the season Hakstol discussed Jordan making big saves early in a game to give UND the opportunity to take the lead. There have been few times this season where that hasn't happened, and when it hasn't, the Sioux usually lost. Unfortunately, against BC, it was one of those games in which Parise didn't make the big saves early and Schneider did.

I'm not hanging the loss on Jordan by any stretch of the imagination. There were pleny of bad penalties, poor line changes and blown defensive coverages throughout the game to spread the blame around. Really, I think it's quite an accomplishment that the Sioux made it a one-goal game at the end.

I guess we are missing it out here in the hinder land. I couldn't see Cory Starting over Parise if he was on the Sioux. Very Briggs like in my opinion.

Bottom line, Parise cost UND the game. Sioux ouplayed BC for the majority of the game,(even though Sioux played horrible in front of Parise at times) the Wooger said it best, he said hockey at playoff time should be called "goalie" If JP would have been in the proper position on the second goal (he got beat by the same shot 2 times in a row) He lost confidence ( which is THE MOST important part of a Goalies, and for that matter any sports positions ability to do well). Jordan was awesome against Michigan and HC, but when BC got that 2 goal lead he lost his confidence. He is a very good goalie, but if he had been able to stop a couple of goals that any WCHA goalie would find routine, I think the Sioux would have playing for a NT tonight. And they would have whupped those HOMOS from Crapison. Go anyone besides Becky Badger

Bottom line, Parise cost UND the game. Sioux ouplayed BC for the majority of the game,(even though Sioux played horrible in front of Parise at times) the Wooger said it best, he said hockey at playoff time should be called "goalie" If JP would have been in the proper position on the second goal (he got beat by the same shot 2 times in a row) He lost confidence ( which is THE MOST important part of a Goalies, and for that matter any sports positions ability to do well). Jordan was awesome against Michigan and HC, but when BC got that 2 goal lead he lost his confidence. He is a very good goalie, but if he had been able to stop a couple of goals that any WCHA goalie would find routine, I think the Sioux would have playing for a NT tonight. And they would have whupped those HOMOS from Crapison. Go anyone besides Becky Badger

The fact of the matter is only the best make it to the NHL, and especialy goalies. If parise was NHL material he wouldnt have a weak game in the semi-finals, thats when NHL bownd players are at the top of their game.

The fact of the matter is only the best make it to the NHL, and especialy goalies. If parise was NHL material he wouldnt have a weak game in the semi-finals, thats when NHL bownd players are at the top of their game.

Wow. Then I shouldn't feel too badly about how Curtis Joseph played for the Red Wings when he was the starter then? Because I'm fairly certain that he sucked in the playoffs for us. Osgood wasn't that good either the year before he left for... the Islanders I think?

How about Patrick Roy managing to lose to the MILD of all teams in his final game as an Av? Really.... bad games happen to every goaltender. SOmetimes they happen at inopportune times. However, saying that a goaltender doesn't have a shot at a pro career just because of a bad game in a key time is just ridiculous.

And, no, I'm not saying Jordy will be the next Eddie Belfour or that he'll even make the NHL. I'm saying that ONE game does not a career make.

I'm not hanging the loss on Jordan by any stretch of the imagination. There were pleny of bad penalties, poor line changes and blown defensive coverages throughout the game to spread the blame around. Really, I think it's quite an accomplishment that the Sioux made it a one-goal game at the end.

Totally agree PCM--also, regarding other posts discussing NHL potential, scouts, coaches etc. do not base their opinions on just one game . . . for any of these players.

Totally agree PCM--also, regarding other posts discussing NHL potential, scouts, coaches etc. do not base their opinions on just one game . . . for any of these players.

Someone needs to mention this to the resident ss.com draft expert.

Someone needs to mention this to the resident ss.com draft expert.

Parise in the NHL :) You must be joking. Last time I looked he hasn't been drafted....and don't expect that to change after this year's draft. He CAN play very good at times, but he can also play VERY bad. You never know what you going to get with him.

Parise in the NHL :) You must be joking. Last time I looked he hasn't been drafted....and don't expect that to change after this year's draft. He CAN play very good at times, but he can also play VERY bad. You never know what you going to get with him.

he's not draft eligible dumba$$. and being drafted isn't a surefire way to make millions in the NHL, hell, a lot of players drafted don't even make it to the AHL. On top of that, undrafted players have great careers all the time....

uhhhh, duhhhhhhhh, uhhhhhh, duhhhhhhhhhhh, im a gopher fan and we rule the world...... gopher fans are friken halarious. hey dumb azz, hes not eligable for the draft, hes called a FREE AGENT...........and yes he will be signed this year or more likely next year....

Your knowledge of hockey, or lack thereof is laughable. Eddie Belfour was undrafted as well, and he seems to be #2 on all-time NHL wins. So Parise certainly has a chance at the next level.

Jordan Parise had another outstanding season in goal, placing himself deeper into the UND record books. He ranks first all-time in save percentage and goals-against average. He's second in wins and shutouts.

Considering all the good goalies that have come through the Sioux system, these numbers speak for themselves. We're glad to have him, whether the NHL wants to give him a chance or not. Look forward to seeing him in a Sioux uni next fall.