T.J. Oshie & Drew Stafford Named To Inside College Hockey Teams

Yttrium

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

March 2007

Penguins: We are prepared to offer Jonathan a 2-year 2-way NHL contract for $650K per year, and we are committed to gaurantee 50% of his eligible bonus compensation potential for the first year.

Toews Agent: Get bent. Toews just led the conference in scoring and was 3rd in the nation in scoring this year, as a sophomore. As well, he was the leading scorer at the 2006 Frozen Four, leading his team to the National Title, as a Freshman. We need the max, and we need a 1-way contract.

Penguins: We understand, but there is one item that keeps us from maxing him out.

Toews Agent: Name it.

Penguins: He did not make the 2006 INCH All America Team.

Toews Agent: Good point. We'll settle for the lower offer.

Come on, who cares about INCH........we have games to play.

March 2007

Penguins: We are prepared to offer Jonathan a 2-year 2-way NHL contract for $650K per year, and we are committed to gaurantee 50% of his eligible bonus compensation potential for the first year.

Toews Agent: Get bent. Toews just led the conference in scoring and was 3rd in the nation in scoring this year, as a sophomore. As well, he was the leading scorer at the 2006 Frozen Four, leading his team to the National Title, as a Freshman. We need the max, and we need a 1-way contract.

Penguins: We understand, but there is one item that keeps us from maxing him out.

Toews Agent: Name it.

Penguins: He did not make the 2006 INCH All America Team.

Toews Agent: Good point. We'll settle for the lower offer.

Come on, who cares about INCH........we have games to play.

Besides, if Pittsburgh gets the first pick they will take Johnson and they will bring him right into the NHL. Chicago or St Louis would pick Toews and I am not sure which way Washington would go.

Besides, if Pittsburgh gets the first pick they will take Johnson and they will bring him right into the NHL. Chicago or St Louis would pick Toews and I am not sure which way Washington would go.

Jim Dahl could best answer that, but I'd think they'd also take Johnson. An NHL ready defenseman is just what the doctor ordered for that team. Sasha Pokaluk and Joe Finley could be great, but they both need time to develop. Erik Johnson may, at most, need a half season in the AHL (if that at all) to make the pros.

Jim Dahl could best answer that, but I'd think they'd also take Johnson. An NHL ready defenseman is just what the doctor ordered for that team. Sasha Pokaluk and Joe Finley could be great, but they both need time to develop. Erik Johnson may, at most, need a half season in the AHL (if that at all) to make the pros.

Defense is certainly a need, but the thought of Toews centering Ovechkin is frightening. Your top line would be set for the next 10 years regardless of who skates with them.

Word has it that Erik Johnson will never play for the Gophers and that he will be signed this summer.

It has to be true because I heard it on TSN and XM-204 NHL Radio.

He will play for the Gophers, trust me. He accelerated his schooling just to make sure he could at least play one year of college hockey.

Every Sioux fan assumes he won't plat at the "U" next year and it is just wishful thinking on their part. Z. Parise, Heatley, and Vanek all played TWO years of college and ity looks like Jack Johnson may now do the same. So why is it so hard for you people to believe that E. Johnson will play at least one? Lucia on and off the record, is very confident he will be a Gopher.

He will play for the Gophers, trust me. He accelerated his schooling just to make sure he could at least play one year of college hockey.

Every Sioux fan assumes he won't plat at the "U" next year and it is just wishful thinking on their part. Z. Parise, Heatley, and Vanek all played TWO years of college and ity looks like Jack Johnson may now do the same. So why is it so hard for you people to believe that E. Johnson will play at least one? Lucia on and off the record, is very confident he will be a Gopher.

His school year started when? Wasn't it at the WJC that he found out just how well he compared to all the other prospects. As a result NHL Analysts say otherwise, money talks and Johnson will go pro. I think you are the one who has difficulty believing and accepting the facts. Why else was it so hard for you to believe and accept that Oshie is a better hockey player than the one move wonder. :love:

So the last time we won the National we did it without any good players. Lee Goren was third team All-American (even though he led the nation in goals that year).

In 1997 if I remember right we only had one good player, Jason Blake was a Hobey Baker candidate (of the ten I think) that year. Otherwise the rest of the guys were nothing special.

In 1987 we actually won with a good players. Joyce and Kidd were first string All Americans; joined by a guy called Tony who also won the Hobey that year. We had a some guy on the second All-American team in Goal named Eddy. And what did he do besides win more games in the NHL than all but one person in history. (Incidentally you can say he won more games than every other college goalie).

In 1982 we won without any recognized players. I think old number 25 Phil Sykes topped the honor's list with WCHA player of the year, but didn't get any recognition in the national honors.

I think we had at least a couple good players in 1980. I think Smail and Taylor got national honors and I think Smail received a pre-Hobey award as the top player in the country.

(I wasn't born for the other National Title teams. How did they do it without me).

This year we have as good a chance as anyone to win. If we do it looks like we'll be doing it without any good players.

By the way this is all by my recollection. I didn't look the award winners up so if I misstated something I apologize.

His school year started when? Wasn't it at the WJC that he found out just how well he compared to all the other prospects. As a result NHL Analysts say otherwise, money talks and Johnson will go pro. I think you are the one who has difficulty believing and accepting the facts. Why else was it so hard for you to believe and accept that Oshie is a better hockey player than the one move wonder. :love:

I'm the one who can't accept the facts? Does your brother talk to Lucia at least once a week and get inside info like my brother does? I'm not pulling this stuff out of thin air. Lucia has virtually gauranteed that Johnson will be a Gopher next season so you should start getting used to the idea.

I'm the one who can't accept the facts? Does your brother talk to Lucia at least once a week and get inside info like my brother does? I'm not pulling this stuff out of thin air. Lucia has virtually gauranteed that Johnson will be a Gopher next season so you should start getting used to the idea.

i know why he will play for the gophers..........................

BEACUSE ITS BEEN HIS DREAM TO WEAR THE PUKE AND PIZZ COLORS SINCE HE WAS A LITTLE BOY :love::lol:

money talks, just remember that..im guessing he plays 1 year but if they want him in the pro ranks then the little dream of his is out the door

Don't you get it? The Sioux players are all better players than the Gopher's players. They will play and perform better than Gopher's players. They will get drafted higher than Gopher's players. AND they will stay in school longer than Gopher's players.

Either you or sioux-habit will end up being right about Johnson showing up next year, however NOBODY knows what will happen. That includes Johnson.

Any NHL team that passes on Toews will regret it for 10 years. I doubt any of them will.

BEACUSE ITS BEEN HIS DREAM TO WEAR THE PUKE AND PIZZ COLORS SINCE HE WAS A LITTLE BOY :love::lol:

money talks, just remember that..im guessing he plays 1 year but if they want him in the pro ranks then the little dream of his is out the door

When will you ever get it right? It's not THE PUKE AND PIZZ COLORS, it's Brown & Yellow!!!!!!!!!!!

So the last time we won the National we did it without any good players. Lee Goren was third team All-American (even though he led the nation in goals that year).

In 1997 if I remember right we only had one good player, Jason Blake was a Hobey Baker candidate (of the ten I think) that year. Otherwise the rest of the guys were nothing special.

In 1987 we actually won with a good players. Joyce and Kidd were first string All Americans; joined by a guy called Tony who also won the Hobey that year. We had a some guy on the second All-American team in Goal named Eddy. And what did he do besides win more games in the NHL than all but one person in history. (Incidentally you can say he won more games than every other college goalie).

In 1982 we won without any recognized players. I think old number 25 Phil Sykes topped the honor's list with WCHA player of the year, but didn't get any recognition in the national honors.

I think we had at least a couple good players in 1980. I think Smail and Taylor got national honors and I think Smail received a pre-Hobey award as the top player in the country.

(I wasn't born for the other National Title teams. How did they do it without me).

This year we have as good a chance as anyone to win. If we do it looks like we'll be doing it without any good players.

By the way this is all by my recollection. I didn't look the award winners up so if I misstated something I apologize.

They are all good - some with more talent than others - but its a team effort anyway.

Wow sorry, I should have know better than to compete with the Don's hairdresser. :love: Additionally, I have never known any 18 year old to change their mind even when an immediate $600K+ payoff is involved. Silly me what could I have been thinking of.

You'd think someone with accelerated schooling would have the brains to set the bar a bit higher where their dreams are concerned...

....Additionally, I have never known any 18 year old to change their mind even when an immediate $600K+ payoff is involved. Silly me what could I have been thinking of...

This logic is 100% accurate. It applies to all 1st round picks in my opinion, not just Johnson.

This logic is 100% accurate. It applies to all 1st round picks in my opinion, not just Johnson.

Of course it does. But then again, sagard, it isn't your brother that speaks weekly with Don Lucia. And Don Lucia has made the "guarantee".