SiouxSports.com Forum

Early outs

GBpakrzz

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO the only player who is a potential quick departure after the FF is Smaby. Tampa Bay has several key D-men missing or banged up while trying desperately to hang on to a playoff spot.

I highly doubt even if Smaby did sign after the frozen four that he would step right into the Lightning line-up with them fighting for a playoff spot. Smaby is a good college defensman but to expect him to step right in and play at the NHL level in a playoff run is a stretch. I am sure the Tampa brass would send him to the AHL.

I highly doubt even if Smaby did sign after the frozen four that he would step right into the Lightning line-up with them fighting for a playoff spot. Smaby is a good college defensman but to expect him to step right in and play at the NHL level in a playoff run is a stretch. I am sure the Tampa brass would send him to the AHL.

I guess it would depend on how many more of the defensemen go down and also how desperate they are to get him into a TB uniform. Looks like Jack Johnson turned down a pro contract to play for the Hurricanes, they even offered him a spot on the big clubs roster so maybe TB is in the same boat. I hope Matt Smaby stays but I am not going to hold my breath.

I get tired of topics getting closed because trolls like Buckysieve get on here and starts an argument by telling Sioux fans to stop looking at life with Green glasses on. Well although this is not a true early out story, in a sense it is because it mentions a prospect we have discussed and shares our opinion that he may never be a Gopher, E. Johnson. Like many on this site, I would hope that in the future the trolls get closed out instead of letting them win by locking our threads. :lol:

http://www.uscho.com/news/id,12522/ForMinn...owsSuccess.html

You mean you can't even share by replacing key letters with symbols so we can get the intent?

Hopefully, HockeyMom won't get mad at me for revealing this, but basically, let's just say that the cheerleaders' promiscuity and moral character were brought into question.

Like many on this site, I would hope that in the future the trolls get closed out instead of letting them win by locking our threads. :lol:

That isn't the reason the threads get locked. When the threads turn into flame fests filled with personal attacks, that's when they get locked.

Undrafted goalie signs a free agent contract after his junior season. I don't like the sound of that!

jordy is next.........

1st things 1st...............GO SIOUX.................WOOP THOSE CHAWDA HEADS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Undrafted goalie signs a free agent contract after his junior season. I don't like the sound of that!

I would think UND might need to go get another goalie out of western Canada.

Maybe one that is above 6 feet tall. We will soon see if Jordan goes or not.

Frankly I am not all that impressed with McKee. I would bet that Wisconsin's goalie is going to

be gone too.

Has Elliot been drafted yet? If not, hopefully he will be available first. :lol:

Following next weekend, there are less than two full weeks of NHL hockey left and most playoff positions will be set. Therefore, on the bright side, the truly needy teams will already be eliminated and in a position to fill any of their still active AHL teams with some eligible players from their own rosters. IMO the only team still fighting for their playoff lives that has needs in net and on D is Tampa Bay which is why I fear they will be keeping a close eye on the FF. :lol:

Has Elliot been drafted yet? If not, hopefully he will be available first. :lol:

Following next weekend, there are less than two full weeks of NHL hockey left and most playoff positions will be set. Therefore, on the bright side, the truly needy teams will already be eliminated and in a position to fill any of their still active AHL teams with some eligible players from their own rosters. IMO the only team still fighting for their playoff lives that has needs in net and on D is Tampa Bay which is why I fear they will be keeping a close eye on the FF. :lol:

8th round by Ottawa. Unsure if he'd be signed early by Ottawa since they seem to be pretty well stocked at forward and goaltender.