SiouxSports.com Forum

Welcome Derrick LaPoint

crosby_87

Since it has been posted on the western college hockey blog, that pretty much makes it official, and I expect Heisenberg to update this in the coming days. But anyways, welcome Derrick, and hopefully you can make a big impact here in Siouxland in a few years.

Since it has been posted on the western college hockey blog, that pretty much makes it official, and I expect Heisenberg to update this in the coming days. But anyways, welcome Derrick, and hopefully you can make a big impact here in Siouxland in a few years.

Ok, I'll bite. Blog posts make things official? How is an unattributed blog post more credible than a message board post? Heck, how do you know the blogger didn't pick up the news from the message board since it appeared here hours before on the blog?

I do believe the news is likely to be true, but because it originated with Chuck Shwartz on this message board, who has established credibility on knowing what is going on with LaPoint.

Ok, I'll bite. Blog posts make things official? How is an unattributed blog post more credible than a message board post? Heck, how do you know the blogger didn't pick up the news from the message board since it appeared here hours before on the blog?

I do believe the news is likely to be true, but because it originated with Chuck Shwartz on this message board, who has established credibility on knowing what is going on with LaPoint.

That's the only reason I posted it

What!? The information I learn on this board isn't necessarily true!? :)

What!? The information I learn on this board isn't necessarily true!? :)

:) I'll try to restate -- I'm really not challenging the truthfulness of the news. You should trust it as much as you trust Chuck. I personally believe it.

It's just the second time I've read that it must be true because it's on a blog. It appearing elsewhere would be validation if the other source acquired it independently (e.g. if they spoke with LaPoint, or a coach, etc...). A message board post repeating a blog post, or a blog post repeating a message board post isn't validation, it's just repetition. Chris (the blogger) might have acquired the rumor elsewhere, which would be significant validation, but he didn't say so, so we don't know.

Nonetheless, welcome Derrick!

Um, duh, just like when I "officially" became the Bulldogs' assistant coach because I announced it on my blog.

Now that LaPoint has officialy commited, I need to get a jersey and possibly some apparell. Where or what is the best source? And which jersey would you suggest? I want to get an authentic jersey and when he gets a number have it personalized.

Also for anyone who is wondering I am not related to LaPoint, just a family freind, so please do not take anything I say for or against him. Thanks!

Heisenberg now lists him as a Sioux commitment. Excellent :)

Heisenberg's list has captured a good chunk of the best 1989 born Manitoban's. Shows that NCAA College Hockey is really starting to be the number 1 option for a lot of these guys since Toews decided to go that route.

Heisenberg's list has captured a good chunk of the best 1989 born Manitoban's. Shows that NCAA College Hockey is really starting to be the number 1 option for a lot of these guys since Toews decided to go that route.

The list gets bigger evey year and I see that he captured the oak tree from my hometown that I mentioned at the start of the season.

Benoit Gravel-D Hawkesbury (COJHL) 6'7 225 3-28-87 44-1-11-12-251|51-2-5-7-191 2005 All-Rookie Team

But back to the main topic of this thread. Welcome Derrick Lapointe, the Sioux D is in good shape for the next couple of years anyways. :)

Cool. I live about an hour from Eau Claire and sadly, haven't heard much about this kid. Admittedly, I don't follow HS hockey in Wisconsin too much. After seeing the caliber of HS hockey in GF with Central and RR over the years, the local stuff just doesn't compare. Back on point - This kid is supposed to be a stud then?

Cool. I live about an hour from Eau Claire and sadly, haven't heard much about this kid. Admittedly, I don't follow HS hockey in Wisconsin too much. After seeing the caliber of HS hockey in GF with Central and RR over the years, the local stuff just doesn't compare. Back on point - This kid is supposed to be a stud then?

Apparently has an offensive upside, but I wouldn't count on it. He's supposedly got a good character, good defensive positioning, good skating, and has height. He needs to build up size and experience against tougher competition.

I say "supposedly" because it's all second hand or third hand info. I've never seen him play either.