SiouxSports.com Forum

Hak on PA & Dubay today

jloos

I listened to the whole thing. It was a pretty good interview. Hak said all his focus is on Michigan and if they wake up Saturday morning still standing they will worry about whomever they will play that night. Also talked about the freshman and mentioned Stafford as being day-to-day so nothing really new on that front. The mention of Briggs was brought up becuase they asked Hak about Jordy and said that without a doubt the goaltending advantage in this region has to be UND's. Hak said that it is pretty hard to argue with how well Briggs has played over the last couple of months.

Listened to most of the interview...Hak sounds very professional. Dubay asked him how the Sioux have played so well down the stretch the past 2 years...Hak's response was... the credit goes all to the players.

I can never remember who is who, but Hak seemed to catch the interviewer off gaurd with a couple responses. I.e. distractions this week, I think he thought Hak would say he was very distracted this week, but Hak quickly responded with a firm No, other instance includes the formula conversation over late season play. Overall, good interview, like said earlier, Hak is very professional.

I listened to the whole thing. It was a pretty good interview. Hak said all his focus is on Michigan and if they wake up Saturday morning still standing they will worry about whomever they will play that night. Also talked about the freshman and mentioned Stafford as being day-to-day so nothing really new on that front. The mention of Briggs was brought up becuase they asked Hak about Jordy and said that without a doubt the goaltending advantage in this region has to be UND's. Hak said that it is pretty hard to argue with how well Briggs has played over the last couple of months.

:ohmy:

Putolny was on today. Sounds like the Gophers got really ticked with ESPN and the national media for telling them that they don't play with enough grit. Apparently Chucko and Pohl even got into a fight this week.

The Strib also reported that Lucia's been focussing on D.

I get this bad feeling that the Gophers will come out spitting venom.

:)

Briggs really did play great for an extended period of time. He had and his defense had a bad weekend... it happens (Parise in early December? I seem to remember you guys calling for his head!) Unfortunately, it came against NCAA tourney caliber competition the weekend before the playoffs, so eyebrows have been raised. I don't know which Briggs we'll see this weekend, but you have to admit that he played some great hockey in the middle of the season.

Wooger:

MN's opponents down the stretch weren't going anywhere and the gophs didn't have to play to a high level. That cost them at the Final Five when they ran into teams that had something to play for. Thinks that MN is VERY LUCKY and happy not to have drawn Bemidji.

Thinks ND might be vulnerable to Michigan tonite if they are looking forward to a game against MN.

Then they lost the connection to Wooger's phone.

Hennessey says he's certain UND is not looking past Michigan. Nate Miller also on and he thinks Michigan is in for a tough time tonite.

Wooger back:

Says with both MN and UND you need to pressure their defense in their own zone. That's the best way to attack both teams.

Says Lucia had some first line guys playing on the 4th line in practice this week. He got the player's attention this week.

Dubay asked if there's anything you can take from the earlier MN/UND games into these games?

Woog says Irmen/Potulny/Briggs all responded well in the first series in Grand Forks and they will need to do the same this weekend.

Says Michigan's goaltending is not up to par this year. Sauer was brought in too early and Ruden is just not a top goalie. Says Michigan will skate hard and will get offensive chances, so if the Sioux are looking ahead to tomorrow night they might have trouble tonite. He said that even though everyone is saying the right thing about the Sioux not overlooking Michigan, sometimes with young players it might still be in their mind regardless of what they say.

Dubay just admitted (though it was difficult for him), that he'd rather have Oshie on his team at this time than Kessel. Not meaning to start a huge debate here, just didn't expect Dubay to actually say what he did.

He's been saying it all year. This will bring forth the skippy's for sure.

Dubay just admitted (though it was difficult for him), that he'd rather have Oshie on his team at this time than Kessel. Not meaning to start a huge debate here, just didn't expect Dubay to actually say what he did.

Thanks for the update. Dubay said that back in December. What's so suprising about that? Oshie was (except for possibly Potulny) the best player at the Final Five last weekend.

It was great to hear when Hennessy said that Minnesota's defense was average and Dubay said "Um uhhm um uhhhh, yeah, I guess you could make that case".

Suddenly Dubay is being held up as a man of reason and insight?

:)

Jeff has done a pretty good hob this past year convincing the most cynical of fans.

Lets not be confuse he is a gopher rube but he knows a good club when he sees one and has

give the Sioux a lot of credit. I don't expect that from someone especially if they are from the Twin Cities.