SiouxSports.com Forum

Prideonice is no better than Iraq

U2Bad1

I am very glad you have a lot more freedom on the UND message board. I got banned for simply stating it was too bad that chad roberg's goal last night didnt count since it was a exhibition game. I find that extremely laughable. To each their own i guess.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In their defense, you are walking into their den to antagonize them. I can't really blame anyone for their editorial choices. It's tough to draw the line between free discussion and letting people try to disrupt your forum. I've certainly agonized over what to do about a couple visitors who used to hang out in our D-I/Sioux Name categories.

On the other hand, if they don't want UND fans hanging around, why is every thread on POI about Parise? :D

Nah.. i have created nothing but good conversation over there. People are way too sensitive. I was just expressing grief that it's too bad that it didn't count as a goal in the stats, cuz that would have been a cool thing. So you would have banned someone on this board for doing the same thing?? I strongly doubt it. Like i said, to each their own, it's their board.

Saw the thread on POI, and that Sal had entered the discussion. Can't believe that post got you banned. On the other hand, there is little there other than rants about Parise and the Sioux. Hardly worth the time :D

Very true, I have heard statements over their about how our board sucks, but at least we have nothing but quality discussion.

Hammy, show me other posts where i was way out of hand??? Just because i am honest about certain things doesn't mean that i am a troll.

Just because you dont agree with something doesnt mean it is worthy of banning. All of my posts relate someway to gopher hockey so i dont know what else i did.

Heck i even take jabs at UND fans on the POI board if they get out of hand.

I am very glad you have a lot more freedom on the UND message board. I got banned for simply stating it was too bad that chad roberg's goal last night didnt count since it was a exhibition game. I find that extremely laughable. To each their own i guess.

Good thing for us that Sal and Prideonice don't have weapons of mass destruction.

I have to agree with Jim. Generally, if you go onto a board, the admin has sole discretion of who can do what. This is particularly true of team-specific boards. I think Sal and UPB do a pretty nice job of running their board, and most Minnesota posters are pretty even-handed when discussing hockey, players, etc. ... their misplaced loyalties notwithstanding. :D

Just because you dont agree with something doesnt mean it is worthy of banning.

I read the thread and you're right, that's a much stricter standard than I would have used. The difference, as Sal has pointed out in that thread, is that they apply a different standard to you because you disagree with them and are a UND fan instead of a Gopher fan. So, they have actually decided that disagreeing with them is worthy of being banned. Their choice to make.

In my opinion, that lessons the quality of their board. What fun is it when everybody agrees with you :D?

He says that I am on the board only to antagonize, but nobody has shown me what i have done. Most of my posts add to the discussion going on. I think what a lot of people got pissed off about is a thread about tallackson and guyer. A lot of people were pissed off about how they could have used those guys instead of guyer and tallackson siting on the bench (apparently they didnt get a lot of ice time). I simply stated in my own way that bench players were needed. If you didn't have players to sit on the bench you couldn't field a team. I believe the terminology i used was "this isn't teaball." I recognize the right for an owner of the board to remove me for not agreeing with him, but i wouldn't accuse me of stuff i didnt do.

U2, when I read that post of yours this morning my first thought was "WHOA! That was unnecessary". I thought you were ripping the accomplishment from Roberg for scoring in a game that didn't count. I found that very surprising from you, as you generally don't do that kind of thing . Later I read it again and could see where you really weren't meaning to be critical, as you explain.

I am afraid that post was misunderstood. If indeed they find you are only there to antagonize I am afraid I am not far behind you. I do think in general they do an excellent job on that board...

Yeah, I have to say I found the comments that that you are only there to antagonize to be awfully harsh. I think a lot of the negative posts about you are because you take an opposite opinion to some of the regulars over there, and there is nothing wrong with that. I don't read every thread so I can't say I've read every post you have had there.

From the posts I can remember, I can't understand the opinion that you are only there to cause problems because that isn't my perception at all.

I do think the that many of the regulars are rather provincial and don't take well to opposition positions. However, to be fair I think that would be the case here or on any other "home" board. If we had a large number of gopher posters over here with strong opinions opposite of the Sioux faithful we would have many Sioux posters complaining the same way IMO (Bochenski scores on a breakaway!!!). So I think that is natural, whether or not it is right.

Personally I wish a few more Greyeagles WOULD post over here. It would bring a nice edge to the board and keep things interesting, IMO. I've been pleased to see Hammy post occasionally and hope he keeps it up. UPB was here at least once too.

Some points:

1. Pride On Ice isn't as bad as Iraq, IMO.

2. I agree that the POI operators have the right to ban anyone they want, although banning someone for stating a simple fact is a bit odd.

3. I haven't read all of U2Bad1's POI posts, but my impression is that he generally makes valid points and provides differing opinions without being overly hostile or defensive.

4. I always thought that Gopher fans, living in a major media market, had thicker skins than Sioux fans. :D

Ok, I havent posted on this board since last season, and chances are wont again after this but I would just like to say that I posted that I felt your banning was premature. But you have to remember, the whole Roberg deal was a real feel good story for us all, mainly cause we have all hung out with Roby and he is a great guy. Your comment (while benign (sp?) and altogether meaningless) to Sal and the rest (not to me) probably seemed like a slap in the face of that accomplishment. They all know the game doesn't count, and they know that most people wont know or wont care in a few years, but we do and it will be something we will never forget. I think because of the emotions running high like they were a rash decision was made since you seemed to be acting like a wet blanket.

Sal does not have a history of banning people (you are the 3rd I know of, one who was let back a week later) and is usually quite liberal in his "moderating" of the board. As far as I can tell he holds no grudges and welcomes anyone to post. But he has always said that POI is not USCHO, the board is geared towards the Gophers and bias will run high because of. Don't expect the fairest discussion by all posters. The same holds true here.

If I ran POI, I would not have banned you. I may have emailed you or warned you but I would not have terminated you. Like I said on POI, they let that poster "badger" post all year and he never posts more than 1 sentence and it is always a negative comment about the U. If he is allowed to stick around so should you. Plus, nothing you have ever said is any worse than what a lot of Gopher fans have said about the team and/or players so it just doesn't seem to add up. But I dont run POI, Sal does and it is his choice to make.

Sorry for interrupting and posting a novel, just figured I would add my $.02 and try and defend Sal and U2 a bit. I just think this all got blown out of proportion.

U2, when I read that post of yours this morning my first thought was "WHOA! That was unnecessary". I thought you were ripping the accomplishment from Roberg for scoring in a game that didn't count. I found that very surprising from you, as you generally don't do that kind of thing . Later I read it again and could see where you really weren't meaning to be critical, as you explain.

I really don't read POI, but I read that thread out of curiosity, and I guess my initial thought was the opposite of yours. I interpreted it as "Too bad it doesn't count," as in it's too bad that Roberg's goal won't count in the NCAA standings. I am surprised that people reacted the way they did, because I think most people would be happy for a player that doesn't get much ice time and finally scores his first goal....U2Bad included.

I don't really want to say a whole lot in terms of any individual because I do my best to show restraint on other team's message boards.

Sal does a great job on POI and has rarely gone to the level of banning somebody. Frankly, if he bans you (whether temporarily or permanently), you likely earned it as he is a pretty good guy.

Roberg is a kid who has a lot of great qualities and he is respected. He is a walk on that apparently has never missed a practice in his years on campus yet has cracked the lineup less than 10 times. I have a ton of respect for somebody like that.... works his butt off knowing he probably won't get a chance to play. He watched kids like Dan Welch get multiple opportunities and could have quit in anger over it but he stuck it out. He is an excellent student.

A few times in the past I have encouraged him to keep plugging away and that he can't quit because he lives a dream that a lot of Minnesota kids desire. Just to put the uniform on and skate for the team. He is an example for those kids who may not be a star but still live the dream. His goal may not count in the record books but it counts a lot for him and people who like him. He deserves his moment in the sun without having somebody dump on it.

That's all I have to say about it. Sorry if this post is received negatively on your board.

I don't really want to say a whole lot in terms of any individual because I do my best to show restraint on other team's message boards.

you likely earned it as he is a pretty good guy.

Try NOT to sugar coat it ok Hammy. ;)

U2,Heck I didn't even know the Gophers had a board. I would bet happy posts alot doesn't he/she. :D

I give JD credit here, I have had only one post taken off this board.

However, I still think that (blank) and (blank) on K-fan are idiots.JMHO. ;)

I understand the roberg thing is a good story and all, and im glad he got his first goal as a gopher, but im Really sure he is a big boy and could care less what any opposing fan has to say about him.

Funny thing is everyone is bashing me saying im about one third good stuff two thirds trouble, but NOBODY has shown me another post of mine that is worthy of banishment. I guess that goes to show how thin skinned they really are.

U2Bad1 wrote on the Pride On Ice message board:

Too bad it doesnt count.

Hammy, the POI comment by U2Bad1 that got him banned could clearly be taken two ways.

The first is: Roberg's goal doesn't count! HAH HAH HAH!!!

The second is: It sure would be nice if Roberg's goal showed up in the stats.

Not being a mind reader, I can't determine which way U2 intended the post to be taken at the time he made it. Most POI members know U2 is a Sioux fan, so they interpreted the comment the first way.

However, had a well-known Gopher fan such as yourself posted the exact same thing, it would have been interpreted the second way and nobody would have been upset.

This was an opportunity for Gopher fans -- some of whom love to lecture other fans about their "thin skins" -- to demonstrate that they, indeed, can tolerate criticism and ignore taunts and insults. But by choosing to apply the most negative possible conotation to five words stating a simple fact, POI and many of its members have instead demonstrated that they are no better than anyone else.

Welcome to the Glass House Neighborhood.

The thing I find funny is that when someone doesn't like what another person is saying (from opposite team) the regulars will post, "sal we don't need this guy or "sal where are you, wink wink." Like a bunch of baby's. I have not read the post about U2Bad, but refering to another thread. U2Bad, they won't find anything else on you worth banning, they just lump all the newbie Sioux fans together and thought some of the other ungopher comments might have been made by you.

U2Bad1 --- I'd say don't worry about it .... the comment CAN be read two ways -- it is Sal's board and his to run (for the pleasure of Gopher fans) --- you know how you meant the comment and it sounds like most of "us" understand, and "we" still like you. Congrats to Roberg, as it is a feel good story, and it is too bad that the game was just an exhibition game.

PCM and/or Sica here's a question for you as you've been on the USCHO board for awhlie .... isn't there a gopher fan who "hates" CC fan Randy May because he banned that gopher fan from his CC site because that fan (fan base) posted "anti" tiger stuff?