SiouxSports.com Forum

Prideonice is no better than Iraq

U2Bad1

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very proud of you folks. You did an excellent job of self-moderating what I considered to be a "grey-area" statement. I thank WPoS and sprig for dealing with the situation in a rational manner.

Because WPoS changed the original post, I have removed the quote from other locations in this thread.

The Moderator

Because WPoS changed the original post, I have removed the quote from other locations in this thread.

I deleted my previous posts, mainly because the quote was removed, but also because I now believe that WPoS did not intend to be offensive or to in any way belittle our name. I am glad that the situation was dealt with rationally and credit Sprig for that as well.

Guilty until proven innocent??

Hey ndgopher, since when is defending yourself labeled as "causing trouble". I first thought that the title of this thread was overboard, but i couldnt change it. After reading your post there is more truth to it than i previously thought.

Way too much of a love fest going on here. Please try to keep the kissing to a minimum. Gopher Fans and members of the Goofer Collective--- all are welcome here as it helps for us to expose your mediocre education.

As for Hobey Dan, we miss him dearly. Definitely the inspiration for Hobey Taz, who's work at the Hardees in Rochester won him the honorary title of employee of the month for nearly 3 weeks. Shane's site was a free-for-all that lasted a lot longer than anyone imagined. Only a matter of time before a geekster with no job comes in and pollutes a web site (well... besides me). Waxing nostalgia...

Let's not get too PC here... and quit with all the fricken smilie icons! :0

taz digs lawkota's POI "group therapy" comment

I am one of those guys Greyeagle is talking about, knowing Chad and having classes with him because we are both majoring in Finance. He is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet and that makes it so easy to pull for him.

Anyways, when we were at the game, just a minute after Chad scored his goal I said out loud "I wonder who the first moron will be to mention how it doesn't really count." Not sure if you heard me Greyeagle, you were a few seats away, but I know a couple of POIers did. Then I get home from the game and open up that thread and Chad's goal was already being discounted in the second post in that thread, and by a Sioux fan no less. I was a bit ticked off by it to say the least, but I don't run POI and therefore had nothing to do with U2Bad's being removed.

I guess the only other thing I can say at this point would be a suggestion to any fans who are on another team's site, and that's be careful of what you say because your audience doesn't necessarily care for your two cents. I would never come on here to say anything to discount the accomplishments of a particular Sioux player, especially if it was someone in a similar situation to Chad.

I deleted my previous posts, mainly because the quote was removed, but also because I now believe that WPoS did not intend to be offensive or to in any way belittle our name. I am glad that the situation was dealt with rationally and credit Sprig for that as well.

Since EVERYBODY'S doing it I removed mine too.

dagies: always just wanted to fit in

I see a couple more Goph avatars have shown up that need a little work, when I have time. (Won't mess with Roberg's though, after the explanation).

For now, since I went through school (long ago) hating the Gophs, I'm having trouble playing nice on this message board.

So, rather than attempt to explain myself with words, I'll just add this:

gopherhockey.gif

;):0;)bootyshake.gif

C'mon you can draw a better circle than that!

As for a love fest, I think not, I am just trying to behave! UND ranks in my top three of hated rivals! At least I can say the visiting UND fans two weeks ago were civil in the bar before and after the game and not complete whiners like JBSU fans. That is about the only compliment you'll get out of me tho....

WPoS

I would never come on here to say anything to discount the accomplishments of a particular Sioux player, especially if it was someone in a similar situation to Chad.

Part of the problem is that POIers seem to assume that everyone posting on the board has the same level of knowledge they do about Chad Roberg. Obviously, that's not the case. It's a lot like those from the Boston area on USCHO expecting everyone on the board to get as fired up about the Bean Pot as they do.

As long as POI allows fans from other teams to post there, it's unreasonable to expect everyone to view events in the same perspective and context as Gopher fans.

C'mon you can draw a better circle than that!

You haven't seen me draw, especially with a mouse. Think I should forget about applying for that web guy/graphics person at the REA?

You're right, PCM, I would not have know what the fuss was about, had U2 not made his comment that got things rolling. Nice story, but had no idea who Roberg is, or why the name doesn't ring a bell from past Sioux/Gopher series.

That is a good point. Unless you closely follow the program you wouldn't (nor shouldn't) know anything about Roby. It is a great story if you happen to be a MN fan. I would bet virtually every program in every varsity sport has a similar story.

I will add this though, he may be called "Rudy" by the Twin Cities media, but Roby has a lot more going for him than that loser from Notre Dame.

I think this may have been a very productive discussion. If you noticed it has brought more gopher fans over to our board.

See what you started. :0

I would highly reccommend shooting an e-mail ato UPB or Sal. How many moderators/administrators would do what UPB did in an earlier post?

U2Bad-

I was one of those that was upset about your comment. When I read your comment, my first thought was why would someone try to degrade what Roberg had accomplished? He has been a kid who has never missed 1 practice in 4 years at the "U", yet has played in under 10 games in those 4 years. I hope your explanation is truthful, because your post looked like a chance to degrade a great accomplishment by a kid who has worked very hard at a sport and school that he loves. I just wish you would have expanded on your post to clarify your comment.

U2Bad-

I was one of those that was upset about your comment. When I read your comment, my first thought was why would someone try to degrade what Roberg had accomplished? He has been a kid who has never missed 1 practice in 4 years at the "U", yet has played in under 10 games in those 4 years. I hope your explanation is truthful, because your post looked like a chance to degrade a great accomplishment by a kid who has worked very hard at a sport and school that he loves. I just wish you would have expanded on your post to clarify your comment.

I am telling the truth, but even if i wasn't i strongly doubt that if roberg read that comment that he had problems sleeping. It may have come off as degrading to him, but i don't think that in reality it actually makes a bit of difference what i say.