SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX VS MICHIGAN

AZSIOUX

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UND-med.gif VS um.gif

i know it's a brand new season in the NC$$'S but here are some fun stats on both teams.

GO SIOUX........

SIOUX LEADING SCORERS

stafford 23/21 44pts

oshie 23/19 42pts

zajac 15/26 41pts

toews 19/14 33pts

duncan 14/18 32pts

spirko 10/19 29pts

lee 3/20 23pts

porter 7/14 21pts

MICHIGAN LEADING SCORERS

hensick 17/35 52pts

ebbett 14/28 42pts

porter 17/21 38pts

kolarik 11/26 37pts

johnson 10/20 32pts

hunwick 11/18 29pts

kaleniecki 17/11 28pts

cogliano 12/16 28pts

GOALTENDERS

SIOUX

parise - 22-8-1, 2.12 GAA, .932 SV%

CAREER POSTSEASON 14-3

lamoureux - 5-7, 2.61 GAA, .911 SV%

Their goaltending stats

Noah Ruden, Sr 22 10 8 1 54 1131 2.86 1 525 .907

Billy Sauer, Fr 23 11 6 4 65 1281 3.04 1 571 .898

Michigan has neither the firepower nor the goaltending to stay with UND, I have watched them a number of times this year. Jack Johnson is a stud, but slim pickings other than that, it should be a 2-3 goal UND victory. Hopefully the UM can pull their heads together and win the first game so we can get UND vs MN, but right now I am not so sure that will happen.

Michigan has neither the firepower nor the goaltending to stay with UND, I have watched them a number of times this year. Jack Johnson is a stud, but slim pickings other than that, it should be a 2-3 goal UND victory. Hopefully the UM can pull their heads together and win the first game so we can get UND vs MN, but right now I am not so sure that will happen.

It will still be a tough battle. Unlike another team we've seen lately, Michigan plays with a lot of pride in their program.

Uh, good recap AZSIOUX, but do not mislead us please.

The game is on the 24th. Don't make me have to take off any more work time

that I am already.

Should be a great time in the Old Town. Michigan will be damned

tough, as all games will be for everyone from here on in. Hopefully,

the home crowd will dial it up about five levels from the sometimes

ho-hum regular season siestas. At least many of the people

who go to see and to be seen will, hopefully, not be taking up any

empty chairs.

This team is special. I said so back before the Lefty, and it is

becoming more and more obvious.

Four more. College hockey. The greatest game on earth.

Congrats to the Sioux on the Broadmoor Trophy. That sure was fun.

Stafford's injury, though scary, may have been a blessing. This team more than survived without Drew, it flourished. And this is following the loss of Fabian. It forced other members of the team to step up and allowed them to learn what they can do. And they did it. Now when he comes back, the Sioux will have 4 experienced and tough lines, each of which has confidence and know that they can pressure the other team and score.

As a previous poster said, this team is special. But so was every other Sioux Championship team, just each in its own way. I am feeling very good about this team and its ability to pursue, tough it out, and simply not give up.

LET'S GO SIOUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is not an anti-Kessel post, but a congratulations to "THE OSHIE". From the WCHA website by John Gilbert:

Quote: "Oshie, runner-up for freshman of the year to Minnesota's Phil Kessel, was the best freshman at the tournament, and came out from behind the net to jam a shot at Goepfert, creating the opening for Spirko's goal."

We have been treated to Oshie's work ethic all season and it is great to see him recognized. Now Michigan will get a chance to see what this UND team and its freshmen are all about.

This is going to be a great game. I'll be driving from Minot to catch the Regional games since it'll probably be the last in a LONG time. Pretty hard to get hotel reservations for the weekend because of the Regional and that Aerosmith concert. Luckily, I found a motel in Crookston that had 1 room left. :angry:

UND, Michigan, and UM in on region. Three programs with great history and pride and 21 NC's among them. Should make for some great games.

Yeah, that same thing that freaks me about Minnesota being in the bracket freaks me out about a first round game against Michigan. They're probably my 4th choice of the four #3 seeds.

No matter how little their fans may be expecting, or what their performance may have been like in past weeks, the institution has a history of making the tournament and doing well. They have a super-veteran coach with a ton of tournament experience, the players won't be afraid of playing big bad UND, they won't be intimidated by REA or its crowds, and they're coming in with the comfort of low expectations.

If UND overlooks this game at all, we'll be one and done.

I don't see any reason UND would overlook this game. It's Michigan for god-sakes. One of the most storied traditions in college hockey. Come playoff time everyone knows they're never a slouch. Just because some posters on the message boards are overlooking Michigan doesn't mean the hockey team is overlooking them. They know it is one-and-done from here on out and they know they have to be ready for this Michigan game.

Hopefully, the home crowd will dial it up about five levels from the sometimes

ho-hum regular season siestas. At least many of the people

who go to see and to be seen will, hopefully, not be taking up any

empty chairs.

Considering the fans at the game will be ones that purchased tickets and did not recieve them from a season ticket holder, I expect the crowd to to be louder and rowdier then normal home games. Those type of fans that sit on thier hands during the season won't want to play the price for the tickets for these games.

Considering the fans at the game will be ones that purchased tickets and did not recieve them from a season ticket holder, I expect the crowd to to be louder and rowdier then normal home games. Those type of fans that sit on thier hands during the season won't want to play the price for the tickets for these games.

I disagree in part. I don't expect the students to show up in any great force. That will hurt the "crowd factor". The folks that "sit on their hands" are probably a bit older and a bit more able to pay for the tickets.

I disagree in part. I don't expect the students to show up in any great force. That will hurt the "crowd factor". The folks that "sit on their hands" are probably a bit older and a bit more able to pay for the tickets.

Many of the students that found $65 for the ticket package "too expensive" will spend more than that at the bar that weekend. It is all about priorities.