SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX VS HUSKIES

AZSIOUX

Too bad Motzko had to share Coach of the Year honors. . . .it should have been his alone! He did a great job with his team. SCSU never got chippy, even when down 5-1, knowing that their season was all but over. They were a class act! Glad we got to play them rather than Minny!

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad Motzko had to share Coach of the Year honors. . . .it should have been his alone! He did a great job with his team. SCSU never got chippy, even when down 5-1, knowing that their season was all but over. They were a class act! Glad we got to play them rather than Minny!

Especially with him coming in so late in the year. He did a great job.

Nice to hear the Sioux fans cheering on television, and on the radio tonight. Good job of closing out a real gutty St. Cloud team. On to the big dance, keep it rolling. I hope Drew Stafford is good to go!

I was watching the game on Fox sports and Musucko said that Stafford would be back next weekend. Any truth to that or is it just speculation at this point?

sweet!!!!!!! we had the game start 1 hour delay here on foxsports az so i cheated after the 2nd period and see that we took it home. what a MEANINGLESS trophy :lol::lol:

great job SIOUX!!!!!!!!!!!! cant wait to get into g-forks this thursday!!!!!

Hak will probably be careful with Stafford. If he's not ready then playing him will do both Drew and the team more harm than good. Even though him being out has been a positive for team development we'd be even better now with him back at full speed.

You think he partially tore a ligament? Reading between the lines I think that's what may have happened, a nick that required no repair and to wait and see how it responds. Sometimes they are fine with no lasting effects within a few weeks. Sometimes longer though. Another common impact knee injury is a little bone chip at the ligament attachment that also needs no repair but can take longer to heal. Best case would be a deep bruise with no ligament involvement, but those can hurt like hell for months and keep you out longer. Bottom line I wouldn't hold my breath expecting him to return and be productive this quick.

I'm glad Smaby didn't damage his neck when he hit the boards tonight. He came back from that and really played hard and planted someone in the 3rd period. He had a good game tonight except for maybe once again getting an unneccesary penalty but I can't really recall the circumstances without rewatching the game.

Get some rest boys, hug your gals and don't drink too much. It's showtime.

Hak will probably be careful with Stafford. If he's not ready then playing him will do both Drew and the team more harm than good. Even though him being out has been a positive for team development we'd be even better now with him back at full speed.

You think he partially tore a ligament? Reading between the lines I think that's what may have happened, a nick that required no repair and to wait and see how it responds. Sometimes they are fine with no lasting effects within a few weeks. Sometimes longer though. Another common impact knee injury is a little bone chip at the ligament attachment that also needs no repair but can take longer to heal. Best case would be a deep bruise with no ligament involvement, but those can hurt like hell for months and keep you out longer. Bottom line I wouldn't hold my breath expecting him to return and be productive this quick.

I'm glad Smaby didn't damage his neck when he hit the boards tonight. He came back from that and really played hard and planted someone in the 3rd period. He had a good game tonight except for maybe once again getting an unneccesary penalty but I can't really recall the circumstances without rewatching the game.

My bro and I saw Drew walking around the X during the St. Cloud game. We told him to heal quickly and he gave us a nod. He'll be fine.

Drew seemed fine. Even Fabian wasn't using crutches tonight. Lots of fun to see us win. I'm glad the guys actually cheered and grabbed the trophey. For those that don't know, the Gophers didn't dare look at the McNaughten and certainly didn't touch it (only the captain did).

Drew seemed fine. Even Fabian wasn't using crutches tonight. Lots of fun to see us win. I'm glad the guys actually cheered and grabbed the trophey. For those that don't know, the Gophers didn't dare look at the McNaughten and certainly didn't touch it (only the captain did).

Thats it, the Goofs have the McNaughton curse now. For not touching the cup they won't win another championship this year. :lol:

Well, that was fun.

Its good to win, and its good to feel like we're playing well, but I think this team's best hockey is in front of them. I was really proud of the effort, and want to note that UND played 5 games in 9 days with a shortened bench. Getting Stafford back, if that's how it plays out, would be a huge boost.

I thought the all tournament team could just as well have picked Duncan and Toews.

RYAN DUNCAN: is playing some just great hockey right now. The best compliment I can think of is to say that he reminds me of David Hoogsteen at times... great hands, makes plays look easy.

JONATHAN TOEWS: skated thru the whole da#$ team at least twice, made a bunch of just sick plays, ending up with a goal and 2 assists in the title game. Smart in his own zone.

Well, that was fun.

Its good to win, and its good to feel like we're playing well, but I think this team's best hockey is in front of them. I was really proud of the effort, and want to note that UND played 5 games in 9 days with a shortened bench. Getting Stafford back, if that's how it plays out, would be a huge boost.

I thought the all tournament team could just as well have picked Duncan and Toews.

RYAN DUNCAN: is playing some just great hockey right now. The best compliment I can think of is to say that he reminds me of David Hoogsteen at times... great hands, makes plays look easy.

JONATHAN TOEWS: skated thru the whole da#$ team at least twice, made a bunch of just sick plays, ending up with a goal and 2 assists in the title game. Smart in his own zone.

Woog and Mazacco actually made a semi-amusing comment regarding Toews, stating one more turn and he'd be out of here, referring to his moves being a magic act.

I just finished encoding 3 of UND's goals into DV-AVI format. I did one in DivX, but it is so tiny and really tough to see. If someone knows a way to serve the AVI files, I can share them with you all.

I've got Oshie on the PP, and both of Duncan's goals. Really, I have the whole game, but I only trimmed a few goals.

Someone let me know what to do. :lol:

Anybody else notice drew and one of the players on skates wrestling around??? Nice to see Drew feeling better, but scares me if he does have knee problems to be out on the ice in shoes goofing around.

CONGRATS on the WIN

The skater he was bantering with was Oshie--good to see they have that kind of comraderie! Shows Stafford is happy for his team & not bitter about not partaking in the series. Heard from quite "reliable" sources that Drew has been wearing an extensive brace, specially fitted for his knee. Hope he's ready to go for next series!! He & Zajac are awesome together on the PK!

Well, that was fun.

Duncan is showing that he will be an AWESOME 4 year player with the Sioux, and Toews in the past month or two is stating his case for the upcoming draft. They are really blossoming. Oshie has been just awesome all year. I really think Zach Jones has done a great job this year, as well as Finley. And I feel that our unsung heroes will step up in the NCAA's(Watkins and Kozek) and start producing, I just have the feeling.

Im amazed Smaby didnt snap his neck after hitting those boards. amazing that he got up from that. wow.......

Toews looked unbelievable out there last night. There was a couple times when he was bringing into the offensive zone all alone, except for 2 or 3 Huskies in his jock. The moves he made to get by them incredible and if there would've been another Sioux player for him to pass it would've been an easy goal.

Surprisingly, the St. Cloud goalie, Goepfert, kept them in the game last night. The first half off the game looked like the Sioux were going to embarass the Huskies, but near the end Goepfert actually gave St. Cloud a slim chance. I had never seen or heard of Goepfert before his 7-goals against game vs. the Goophers, and I figured he was a first-year walk on. He looked silly playing against the Sioux in the first period or so. To my astonishment, I looked at his season stats after the game and he is averaging 2.20 GAA and .924 S%. He must've been a completely different goalie during the regular season.

IMO he was dead tired against the Sioux. He was 1st team all-WCHA so he obviously has the talent. He was basically the reason the the Huskies got by Denver. He was also the reason they took 6th in the regular season, instead of 9th or 10th. He transferred to SCSU from Providence and this is his first year with the team.

IMO he was dead tired against the Sioux. He was 1st team all-WCHA so he obviously has the talent. He was basically the reason the the Huskies got by Denver. He was also the reason they took 6th in the regular season, instead of 9th or 10th. He transferred to SCSU from Providence and this is his first year with the team.

don't you mean CC :angry:

I just finished encoding 3 of UND's goals into DV-AVI format. I did one in DivX, but it is so tiny and really tough to see. If someone knows a way to serve the AVI files, I can share them with you all.

I've got Oshie on the PP, and both of Duncan's goals. Really, I have the whole game, but I only trimmed a few goals.

Someone let me know what to do. :angry:

If you can e-mail them to me, I can put them on my webserver to host them for everybody.

webmaster@prideforums.org

Toews looked unbelievable out there last night. There was a couple times when he was bringing into the offensive zone all alone, except for 2 or 3 Huskies in his jock. The moves he made to get by them incredible and if there would've been another Sioux player for him to pass it would've been an easy goal.

Surprisingly, the St. Cloud goalie, Goepfert, kept them in the game last night. The first half off the game looked like the Sioux were going to embarass the Huskies, but near the end Goepfert actually gave St. Cloud a slim chance. I had never seen or heard of Goepfert before his 7-goals against game vs. the Goophers, and I figured he was a first-year walk on. He looked silly playing against the Sioux in the first period or so. To my astonishment, I looked at his season stats after the game and he is averaging 2.20 GAA and .924 S%. He must've been a completely different goalie during the regular season.

I didn't see the games. I was told by a guy on the plane with me today that we won and the score of the UMN/SCSU tilt. But I'm sorry, say what you will about the offense in that game, HOW IN SWEET PARISE do you give up 8 goals to SCSU?!?!?!?! What a choke job. Seriously. If what I see is true, meaning UW beat UMN for 3rd, then it's not that amazing to understand why Minnie didn't show up against Wisconsin. They're still reeling from getting humiliated by SCSU.

That being said I had to reread the article in the STrib twice to believe that UND played (and beat) SCSU in the Championship game. I couldn't believe it at all.

I'm loving this!