SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX VS. MINNESOTA STATE

AZSIOUX

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like the Sioux to beat ther best, but if not the Sioux will beat who they have.

I say who cares who they have out there. If 4 players are gone that is a good thing. It will be an easier series for the Sioux and will allow them to maybe save some energy for the Final Five and beyond. All that matters is the W's at this time of the year. If the Mavs are shorthanded that is all the better from a Sioux perspective.

Apparently the 4 players in trouble are Becker, Toll, Sutter, and Hinz

If this is the case, it seems as though Becker and maybe Sutter are the only real "losses" to the Mavs.

Becker (Sr.) is the only one to play in the majority of Mav games this season. He is 7-9-16 on the year.

Toll (Sr.) has played in 26 games and has scored only two points, both goals.

Sutter (So.) has played in 29 games for the Mavs and is 7-4-11

Hinz (So.) has only played in 3 games with only 1 2 minute minor to mark his presence.

Besides, from what Mavs fans are talking about on USCHO, they thought Toll was a bust anyhow.

Could it in some way be related to this past weekends underage drinking party at MSU and the death of a 19 year old student ;) Apparently it includes at least two of their regulars, Becker and Sutter so there must be some kind of explanation out there.

Nope. The same four guys were suspended for the Wisconsin series week before last. They weren't even in the building. Saturday night was senior night, and they didn't even announce Becker and Toll. Nobody seems to be able to find out what happened, but it appears they are done. All Jutting has said is "coach's decision" and won't comment any further.

The performance against Wisconsin seemed to indicate that things went okay without them. I'm not worried about that. I'm more concerned about the week layoff.

The Sioux will win in 2 games it won't be close.

And to Rushmoore(Goofers suck).....Gophers will get beat in the first round of the NCAA's...Kessell Who

For the record, this is not me posting under an alias. However I do have mutiple personalities, they all seem to be getting along just fine today. ;)

The Sioux will win in 2 games it won't be close.

And to Rushmoore(Goofers suck).....Gophers will get beat in the first round of the NCAA's...Kessell Who

i feel like chiming in as well............

F the Gopgers as well..see ya at the ralph...................

;)

oh yeah...

fri sioux win 5-2

sat sioux win 4-3

I have a question about the NCAA's. Last year the Sioux had to travel to Boston and there was a regional here in Minnesota, but the Goofs this year get to go to The Ralph where they will have a huge fan base for the games. Why are they not made to travel like the Sioux had to. Does the WCHA front office kiss there ass or is the NCAA that does. I think it is totally unfair. Just a thought and GO SIOUX.

I will be at Senser's again, the wife talked me out of going to Grand Forks this weekend

i feel like chiming in as well............

F the Gopgers as well..see ya at the ralph...................

;)

oh yeah...

fri sioux win 5-2

sat sioux win 4-3

I have a question about the NCAA's. Last year the Sioux had to travel to Boston and there was a regional here in Minnesota, but the Goofs this year get to go to The Ralph where they will have a huge fan base for the games. Why are they not made to travel like the Sioux had to. Does the WCHA front office kiss there ass or is the NCAA that does. I think it is totally unfair. Just a thought and GO SIOUX.

The Goofs are the darlings of the NCAA and the WCHA.

The Goofs are the darlings of the NCAA and the WCHA.

And their fans, the poor babies, are upset that they have to travel at all. :silly: If the Sioux teams of the past had received the same type of favortism there would be so many banners in the REA you wouldn't be able to see the ceiling. ;)

And their fans, the poor babies, are upset that they have to travel at all. :silly: If the Sioux teams of the past had received the same type of favortism there would be so many banners in the REA you wouldn't be able to see the ceiling. ;)

I would be glad to go out East this year, but the guidelines for the regionals are to keep #1 seeds as close to home as they can. Has nothing to do with anything else.

C'mon guys I thought this was Sioux vs Mavs. ;) Methinks they dost protest too much. :love: Tough series to predict. I'll stick with the Mavs in three, but wouldn't be surprised with a Sioux sweep.

were we a #1 seed?? thats the main question. i honestly dont know if we were or not and thats the reason if we were not. #1 seeds usually get placed closer to home but if we were a number 1 then who the hell knows. all i know is we should have recieved the beanpot trophy after whooping up on those chowdaheads :silly:

just looked it up and we were a #2. minneapolis was a host as well but the gophers were a #1 seed and they got the host anyways. if it was flipped and we were a 1 and they were a 2 or 3 then we may have ended up there with them in the bracket.i think this is why. maybe someone can help out..

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?...5frozen4skedmen

I will be at Senser's again, the wife talked me out of going to Grand Forks this weekend

Some interesting national stats:

Scoring offense

UND 9th - 3.45 G/GM

MSU 12th - 3.39 G/GM

Scoring defense

UND 12th - 2.37 G/GM

MSU 38th - 3.11 G/GM

Scoring margin

UND 6th - 1.08

MSM 28th - 0.28

Penalty minutes

UND 3rd - 24.8 MIN/GM

MSM 5th - 23.8 MIN/GM

Power play

UND 12th - 19.3%

MSM 24th - 17.8%

Penalty kill

UND 30th - 83.3%

MSM 33rd - 82.7%

Combined special teams

UND 8th - 53.6%

MSM 35th - 49.6%

Winning percentage

UND 14th - .618 (23-14- 1)

MSU 34th - .500 (16-16- 4)

Yep, on paper the Mavs should have no chance. They also should have had no chance against Wisconsin or St. Cloud on paper, yet they swept them both in two consecutive weekends.

By no stretch am I saying that the Mavs will sweep the Sioux. In fact, I really don't expect them to win the series. I do expect it to go three games, and the Mavs to give you guys a hard weekend. An upset is not entirely out of the question.

As I posted on USCHO, stats also say that no team has ever come out of the play-in game to win the WCHA tourney, but I'll bet you guys think you can be the ones to end that.

Stats are just that: interesting.

Yep, on paper the Mavs should have no chance. They also should have had no chance against Wisconsin or St. Cloud on paper, yet they swept them both in two consecutive weekends.

By no stretch am I saying that the Mavs will sweep the Sioux. In fact, I really don't expect them to win the series. I do expect it to go three games, and the Mavs to give you guys a hard weekend. An upset is not entirely out of the question.

As I posted on USCHO, stats also say that no team has ever come out of the play-in game to win the WCHA tourney, but I'll bet you guys think you can be the ones to end that.

Stats are just that: interesting.

Don't be discouraged, your team is rated in the top five (along with the sioux) in at least one category. ;):silly:

Don't be discouraged, your team is rated in the top five (along with the sioux) in at least one category. :love:;)

Yeah, but Becker has been kicked off the team, which should help us out in that category immensely; particularly the selfish, cheap, after-the-whistle variety. :silly:

Mavsfan- Right now the Sioux are in a precarious position according to USCHO's braketology reports. It suggests that if the Mavs win the series, or if the Sioux sweep the series, it is bad for the Sioux. I think this is the perspective we are taking regarding the Final Five. We have to make it and we have to win at least one game. I don't think we'll take it all.

According to the Fargo Forum, Lee Marvin will be filling in for Erik Fabian tonight.

Siouxhockey5

Good for him. I saw his interview last week as an outgoing senior and he was alittle dissapointed with regard to the playing time he has had the past couple of years. He'll be ready as he is hungry and this is a great opportunity for him in the last part of his last year.

Good for him. I saw his interview last week as an outgoing senior and he was alittle dissapointed with regard to the playing time he has had the past couple of years. He'll be ready as he is hungry and this is a great opportunity for him in the last part of his last year.

I agree. A great chance for him to show what he is made of in his last few games as a Sioux. He should do very well taking Fabian's spot.