SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX VS. MINNESOTA STATE

AZSIOUX

UND.gifVS mnst.gif

Good ending to the regular season for the Sioux! Lets carry it over to the Playoffs. GO SIOUX!!

2005/2006 HEAD TO HEAD RESULTS

sioux swept msu in only 2 games the team played.

friday jan 20 - UND 6 msu 3 (Lamoureux gets the win)

saturday jan 21 - UND 4 msu 2 (Parise gets the win)

LAST 10 GAMES FOR EACH TEAM

SIOUX

6-4, sweep vs tech, split in denver, sweep vs umd, split at cc, swept by scsu in g-forks

MAVERICKS

7-3, sweep vs wisc, sweep vs scsu, sweep at umd, split with tech and swept by du in denver

SIOUX FINAL REGULAR SEASON SCORING LEADERS

stafford 23, 21 - 44 pts

oshie 20, 16 - 36 pts

zajac 11, 23 - 34 pts

toews 17, 11 - 28 pts

duncan 11, 15 - 26 pts

spirko 8, 17 - 25 pts

SIOUX FINAL REGULAR SEASON FRESHMAN SCORING

oshie 20, 16 - 36 pts

toews 17, 11 - 28 pts

duncan 11, 15 - 26 pts

lee 3, 16 - 19 pts

kozek 7, 6 - 13 pts

chorney 3, 10 - 13 pts

watkins 3, 2 - 5 pts

jones 0, 5 - 5 pts

finley 0, 3 - 3 pts

MAVERICKS FINAL REGULAR SEASON SCORING LEADERS

backes 12, 28 - 40 pts

morin 19, 20 - 39 pts

carter 19, 16 - 35 pts

peto 7, 21 - 28 pts

rankin 11,11 - 22 pts

hanson 4, 16 - 20 pts

GOALTENDERS

SIOUX

Parise 18-17-1, 2.15 GAA, .931 SV%, 5 shutouts

Lamoureux 5-7, 2.61 GAA, .911 SV%, 1 shutout

MAVERICKS

Tormey 13-11-4, 2.82 GAA, .902 SV%, 2 shutouts

Zacharias 3-3, 3.63 GAA, .893 SV%

Clark 0-2, 3.99 GAA, .865 SV%

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll repeat myself. Sure, cupcakes are nice but if the Sioux are the team we want them to be, who can make and do some damage in the NCAA's, then a 3 game series at home with Mankato should not be scary.

I'm not discounting or disrespecting Mankato. Mankato is obviously playing well and is a dangerous team. I just expect the Sioux to prevail.

Hak needs to feed the boys raw meat for 3 days and then starve them for two. We need to be hungry and smell blood. That is the kind of team that wins titles. I've often wondered what the locker room is like? I mean, who is stepping up and leading the charge.

Our boys have shown how hungry they are by handily sweeping Tech! I have confidence that they will continue to 'smell the blood' and go for a win, win, win this coming week end.

Man, I am so depressed! I'll be in Lala land, California during this series. Only another Sioux hockey fan would understand! :lol:

Hopefully after the week break the Mavericks will come out a little flat footed on Friday night. The Sioux need to take advantage of that while they can, scoring early and often. They can't let Mankato hang around like they did for Tech. This past weekend was great, but the Sioux can't wait until the third period to start scoring goals.

Our boys have shown how hungry they are by handily sweeping Tech! I have confidence that they will continue to 'smell the blood' and go for a win, win, win this coming week end.

Man, I am so depressed! I'll be in Lala land, California during this series. Only another Sioux hockey fan would understand! :lol:

Hey, I've been outta town the whole season and when I was recently home, I had to miss the Duluth series because I had to go out of town with my older son, his Squirt A team beat Moorhead in Moorhead with him the starting goalie.

Hey, I've been outta town the whole season and when I was recently home, I had to miss the Duluth series because I had to go out of town with my older son, his Squirt A team beat Moorhead in Moorhead with him the starting goalie.

Ok, I'll quit whinning. BIG congrats to your son!!! ;) Glad you were home to see that win. When are you coming home anyway?

Im glad we are playing Mankato instead of St Clound, I don't feel that Mankatos goalie can come into the Ralph and steal 2 victories, like Goephert did earlier in the year.

Siouxhockey5

Agreed. Mankato's goaltending is aveage at best. I like the match up better than St. Clown where a hot goalie can steal a game. I think the Sioux will handle the Land Cows pretty easily.

As a Gopher fan pulling for UND to somehow miss the NCAA's, I have to root for the Cows this weekend. However, with 4 players out and a freshman goalie, that's going to be nearly impossible. I don't care if UND has struggled at home this year: they are playing very well now and they should be able to take care of Mankato by about 9:15 CST Saturday night.

Interesting. Got a weblink on that story?

There's been a couple of cryptic comments recently made on the gopher board about some trouble some Mankato players might be in. Nothing concrete seems to be out there, but the posters giving the hints are the type who normally have some credibility. So maybe there have been some suspensions. I'm sure we'll find out more as the week goes on if it is true.

There's been a couple of cryptic comments recently made on the gopher board about some trouble some Mankato players might be in. Nothing concrete seems to be out there, but the posters giving the hints are the type who normally have some credibility. So maybe there have been some suspensions. I'm sure we'll find out more as the week goes on if it is true.

Could it in some way be related to this past weekends underage drinking party at MSU and the death of a 19 year old student ;) Apparently it includes at least two of their regulars, Becker and Sutter so there must be some kind of explanation out there.

This story about the 4 players is interesting, but I need to see some proof! Jutting doesn't seem like the kind of coach that would suspend his players before a big game like this.

I think that it would show that Jutting has some ethics and this would certainly send a message to his team and campus for that matter, that his players are not above the law. Is there any sort of official word on this??