SiouxSports.com Forum

2005-2006 State hockey

sports

Yes, that was also back when they had the young kids in Bottineau playing a lot of hockey up in Canada. They stopped doing that and went backward in quality of hockey. I think Theele is the reason ashiem (sp) transfered to BHS, but I am not certain.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Botno stills plays minor hockey in both ND and Canada. It's a numbers game and they have dwindling numbers. I also think it hurts that they only play "B" minor hockey in ND. Their skill kids never see their real competition from the "A" ranks and their development stagnates (personal opinion). Look at small towns that play "A", like Grafton and Devils Lake. They have stayed competitive. Hazen and Williston have used the jump to "A" hockey to get competitive, too.

Dave Hoff is an excellent coach. One you would be happy to have your kids play for. So it's not coaching!

I guess I'll post here since the other thread is getting into a flame fest. I posted the other day in the other thread that I was surprised as to how many people picked Minot to win their first round game, and the trend has kind of continued here. Part of me wants to believe that the new coaching staff and the brand new philosophy will change Minot's fortunes in the first round, but just when I want to start believing something crazy will happen, and they'll lose. Minot High just may be the Boston Red Sox of North Dakota high school hockey.... :D

Only two days away though... ;)

Totally agree with the comment that the high school hockey thread is turning ugly. There are way to many agrguements going on between RR and FS. People need to just calm down and start acting more mature on these page.

Botno stills plays minor hockey in both ND and Canada. It's a numbers game and they have dwindling numbers. I also think it hurts that they only play "B" minor hockey in ND. Their skill kids never see their real competition from the "A" ranks and their development stagnates (personal opinion). Look at small towns that play "A", like Grafton and Devils Lake. They have stayed competitive. Hazen and Williston have used the jump to "A" hockey to get competitive, too.

Dave Hoff is an excellent coach. One you would be happy to have your kids play for. So it's not coaching!

When my cousin was playing Pee Wee hockey in Bottineau they played most of there season up in Canada, which is in better hockey in general to what you see in ND. That changed dramatically sometime in the late eighties/early ninties and the the program is weaker because of it. I played Midget hockey in Canada and ND and the low level Canadian midget teams are far better then what you see in ND. So playing the higher levels in Canada at an early age used to help Botno a lot, but they stopped doing it for some reason.

Central 3 Minot 2

South 6 Devils Lake 0

Grafton 7 Williston 1

Red River 8 Bismarck 2

South 4 Central 1

Grafton 4 Red River 3 :huh:

South 5 Grafton 2

Girls

Bismarck 5 Jamestown 2

South 4 Minot 3

Williston 6 Grand Forks 4

North 8 Hazen 2