SiouxSports.com Forum

Bruggeman resigns

siouxjoy

• 1 month later...
Seems like a questionable hire? Anybody agree? I wonder what the canidate pool was like?

Moorhead State assistant coach?!?! Couldn't we have even found an assistant from a DI school that was looking to get their first head coach job?

I agree. Not to take anything away Katy Peterson, she may be the perfect person for the job, but I would have thought that there would have been interest from several DI assistants and several top-notch DII head coaches in this position. This program has shown some amount of potential over the past few years. And the Sioux Center must be one of the top volleyball arenas in the country, regardless of division doesn't it?

Perhaps BisonDan has a point. :ohmy: This hiring coupled with the defection of Rob Bollinger doesn't give me alot of hope about a DI move. :D

On the other hand, I don't remember Tim Miles (who I think is one of the best coaches to reside within the Louisiana Purchase!) being on the radar of many DI schools when NDSU hired him. I still hold out hope. Good luck, Katy Peterson!!!

Also have to say I am surprised at this selection - especially someone so young to be head coach. Either she has an inordinate amount of maturity, intellect, recruiting capability, and leadership skill for her age, or Buning/Ralston made a major mistake. Katy's resume would seem to indicate the former. With Betty Ralston being a former DI volleyball coach, I would expect Ralston to do a lot of mentoring.

Also have to say I am surprised at this selection - especially someone so young to be head coach. Either she has an inordinate amount of maturity, intellect, recruiting capability, and leadership skill for her age, or Buning/Ralston made a major mistake. Katy's resume would seem to indicate the former. With Betty Ralston being a former DI volleyball coach, I would expect Ralston to do a lot of mentoring.

Katy will do an excellent job but I also think Jason would have done an excellent job as well. As far as Katy's experience the Moorhead head coach had a series of personal issues that kept her away from her team for an extended period of time over several seasons so Katy basically ran the show for much of the last several years. She will have a great rapport with the players and she's very personable which should really help with the recruiting. Give her a chance, I think she'll do well. And she's a very likable person if you get a chance to meet her so it's not hard to see how she could impress the selection committee.

And for what UND pays the volleyball coach alot of D1 assistant coaches make more where they're at.

UND should be good this season if everyone comes back. Lots of young talent, similar to 3-4 years ago with Cahill, Welter, Tuve, ... getting lots of playing time early and then getting some success.

Of course your milage may vary :ohmy:

• 3 months later...