SiouxSports.com Forum

Toews

crosby_87

That's sweet. You know Kessel actually is a very good player, his problem is he is all about me, he is not team oriented enough. If he lost the "me me me" attitude he could easily move into #1. Of course, I would rather him NEVER pass the puck and keep the me attitude, it's better for us.

That's sweet. You know Kessel actually is a very good player, his problem is he is all about me, he is not team oriented enough. If he lost the "me me me" attitude he could easily move into #1. Of course, I would rather him NEVER pass the puck and keep the me attitude, it's better for us.

Oh my, your going to have the goofer fans in here defending their golden boy with that statement. However, I agree puck hog.

His unwillingness to venture into tough traffic and the fact that he tried to generate everything with speed when that avenue was obviously shut down were bothersome.

I agree that "The One" is very talented, but it seems like he tries to do too much by himself. I suspect it's

more an issue of age/maturity, than ego. He'll probably do better with "team concept" over time, otherwise his NHL career could be bumpy.

Hopefully Erik Johnson will go #1 and Kessel will go number #2. That way maybe Johnson will jump right to the NHL and Kessel will leave after 1 year. Johnson will be a big time force if he plays college hockey, it would be great if both were gone after the draft. Toews definitely needs a lot more seasoning before he is ready for the big time. He has a lot of talent but is still pretty raw, which is to be expected from a 17 year old. It is amazing that he will play the whole season as a 17 year old.

How many times can one guy "try" to shoot in one game? My favorite example? 5 on three against the sioux with 30 or so seconds left in the second period, MN trying to gain the zone for one last setup goal. But, "Mr. Me" scates accross blueline and takes first shot from just inside line. The shot is into the 3 Sioux defenders, gets blocked and cleared. End of opportunity to tack one on during that 5 on 3! Ha! Wonder what coach had to say about that one?

In the latest ISS rankings released, Jonathan Toews has passed you know who and is in the 2nd spot. Good job jonathan.

Great. And since the NHL draft is later this afternoon...oh, wait, nevermind. I give this as much weight as I give Gopher fans telling me that "we're still ranked higher than your team" as I was leaving Mariucci Arena.

That's one of the worst comebacks ever.

I hate nothing worse than polls and pre-season rankings. Wait, one thing. Pre-season All Americans in college sports. Dumbest thing ever. People who rely on those things are the same people waiting for Brian Lawton to prove he's a better hockey player than Steve Yzerman.

Toews should clearly be the number one. He has no holes in his game and would likely be the Wild's best player next season if they should manage to suck bad enough to get into position to draft him.

As for Mr. Me a recent nhl.com article about the Gophers portrays him as a real cancer.

Toews should clearly be the number one. He has no holes in his game and would likely be the Wild's best player next season if they should manage to suck bad enough to get into position to draft him.

As for Mr. Me a recent nhl.com article about the Gophers portrays him as a real cancer.

Do you have a link?

:huh:;)

I guess I don't get where you come away from reading that article and seeing him as a cancer.

Or did I miss the sarcasm?

I guess I don't get where you come away from reading that article and seeing him as a cancer.

Yeah, you missed it but it wasn't your fault. The only reason I knew he was joking is because I had already read the article.

In the four games between the two teams this year, Kessel has been much better than Toews. Toews has really shown me nothing in the games I've seen him play this year. And all this talk about Kessel being me me me is a joke. He's been the best passing forward on the team this year and is currently on pace for a 50+ point season.

I think you missed the sarcasm. Although I'd guess Sagard would be more than happy if Kessel/Johnson dropped so that both would be Gophers next year while Toews went pro. After the Johnson WJC, don't see how he will drop while playing in the USNDP, unless someone below him playing college or major junior is so good for the remainder of the season that they pass him.

The only part that was sarcasm was the cancer part. Toews is very good now and seems to have more of the NHL body than the other forward in question.

If I were building a team I'd look at what I had or I was projected to have before making that first pick. Johnson had a great WJC, but like Kessel last year (when everyone was in love with him) he really hasn't played a full season against tougher competition while facing their "A" game every night.

Toews and Kessel are both doing VERY well as they are spending seasons that many would still be in high school for. They both made hard decisions to grow up fast and get out of high school.

I think both could use an additional season in college, but it's not like they wouldn't develop in a professional teams system just as well. The pressure on the team drafting each player may very well be too high for either of them to be able to resist.

What's scary about the rankings is that the Gophers have Johnson, Mueller, amd Oksobo coming in next year assuming none of them goes pro first. Dang!

Mueller went the Major junior route so scratch him. Johnson will likely go pro or do the same, which leaves Okaybozo

Mueller went the Major junior route so scratch him. Johnson will likely go pro or do the same, which leaves Okaybozo

Johnson will be on the Gophers next season. His situation is nothing like Mueller's. Mueller was in the U.S. program for two years and and needed better competition. He couldn't go to college yet, he wasn't drafted yet, and the USHL wasn't a big enough jump in competition for him so he really had no choice but to go to major juniors. Johnson will be a Gopher.