SiouxSports.com Forum

World Junior Tourney...oshie, lee, chorney, toews

AZSIOUX

I say agree to disagree and move on.Nobody is going to change there view because someone on a message board doesn't agree with either person and nobody would trade players from either team. Each one of those players have good and bad points We could go back and forth forever so why bother. As for Slap Shot and the Triouxper use the ignore button for each other and stop wasting our time it was bad enough when it was Vanak vs. Parise and it gets old fast.I bet if you talked to TJ he would have nothing but good things to say about Kessel or anyone of his teammates and same for Phil.Lets talk hockey vs my Dad can beat up your Dad :silly:

Edited by raynman03

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say agree to disagree and move on.Nobody is going to change there view because someone on a message board doesn't agree with either person and nobody would trade players from either team. Each one of those players have good and bad points We could go back and forth forever so why bother. As for Slap Shot and the Triouxper use the ignore button for each other and stop wasting our time it was bad enough when it was Vanak vs. Parise and it gets old fast.I bet if you talked to TJ he would have nothing but good things to say about Kessel or anyone of his teammates and same for Phil.Lets talk hockey vs my Dad can beat up your Dad :silly:

Great post.

Maturity and reason is back at full strength - at least momentarily.

How long can we go before it changes back ? Probably after tonights game a few people will be back to spending this whole post on Kessel. God I hope not.

First off that is pretty much how I feel about Kessel, egotistical for a high school hockey player to announce where he is going to play college hockey. You can't get more cocky than that.

Fan=fanatic.

Kessel wanted NOTHING to do with that press conference to announce his decision. USA hockey made him do it. Kessel HATES attention and that's the truth. He is probably the most humble player on the team and avoids the spotlight every chance he gets.

Did you even hear that press conference you're talking about? It was one word answers over and over. It was obvious he felt uncomfortable doing it. I know for a fact that he wanted nothing to do with it.

Canada's schedule is a bit more favorable since their back to back games without a days rest is today vs. Switzerland and tomorrow vs. Norway. Not bad,

THe US gets Switzerland on the 30th and will play Canada with no rest on the 31st. Will take a very good effort to win that game.

Copying and pasting posts from one board to another=the ultimate in trolling.

Much of this stems back to the Toews>kessel, and vice versa banter. That's normal rivalry stuff, and the smack back and forth is comical and at times enjoyable. The problem we have is the skippy's coming onto SS and not being able to understand why someone like myself would not give any love to phil. It's like it is causing them some kind of emotional hardship. But so the goophy faithful and bear man don't lose any more sleep over this deal, I won't mention my dislike for kessel the player on this thread any more.

I don't know why it is so hard for you to comprehend that kessel is not and will not ever be a player that I really give a damn about. What is so wrong with that, quit trying to shove him down everyone's throat already. Again, if you don't like MY negative perspective of phil, just ignore it, it is simply my opinion. This board is full of peoples opinions. I don't know why this topic is so much more sensitive for some of you. Maybe the truth hurts? I don't know.

1. I didn't bring up Kessel, YOU did by trying to qualify his stats against Norway. I merely responded. ;)

2. There is nothing wrong with your 'not caring' about Kessel. My responses have had absolutely nothing do with your liking or not liking Kessel, they have had to do with opinion - yours and mine. I've felt some of yours were unfounded and merely responded. I didn't attack you nor disparage your character, I simply gave a counter-point. Isn't that what an open forum is all about? :silly:

3. This is not a 'sensitive' subject for me, no more than it would be a 'sensitive' topic for you if I were to claim that Oshie is overrated and you responded - your response might be completely unemotional and simply your opinion that he's not overrated - the same as mine. I would say the same thing at GPL if I read a comment from a Gopher fan about another player that seemed unreasonable. One think you'll note about me and would probably get confirmed by other posters is that I do not talk poorly about players from other teams. I may have slipped once or twice the past several years, but it would almost be safe to say i never have and never will. (btw, I do not think Oshie is overrated I only used that as an exmaple) :) If you feel differently I don't personally care about it, but I also don't think it's unreasonable or ridiculous to give a differing opinion that is related to a specific post as long as it doesn't get personal. Would you not agree?

4. Lastly, I will say that I do find it odd when someone says they don't "like" a player from another team, at least when it seems to be only because that player plays for someone else and especially if that seems to influence how opinions are formulated. Sometimes I take the time to respond, most often I do not.

For example, I agree that some of the discussions about Parise at POI were ridiculous. IMHO as long as Parise wasn't playaing against the Gophers I wished him all the success in the world. He was a quality kid, his dad was one of my favorite North Stars and the success that college kids have in the NHL will hopefully help grow the college game. The same goes for any college kid as long as the kid isn't a criminal (no further comment ;))

If that seems unreasonable then so be it, but I don't think I've said anything that unreasonable.

GO USA!

My outlook on Phil Kessel changed on Monday night. He flat out was the game breaker the USA needed him to be. I too was in Lake Placid and noticed his selfish play on no "D" whatsoever. But some players are different then others.

I've been told by a very close source that he is a great kid just gets bad publicity at times. He is w/o a doubt the #1 draft choice for the 2006 Entry Draft at this point. His unselfish play vs. Norway proved it. I wish him the best and the entire TEAM USA the best. They are a very dangerous team but need to keep clicking and each player needs to accept their role. Great article on Oshie posted on the TJ Oshie thread talks about roles and success.

I'm heading to the PNE tonight with expectations that the Boys in red, white and blue will bring home another "W".

Why do you have to end your post with something like that,do you want people over here to dislike you or what.You seem to want a reasonable conversation and then you do that,that could be called flaming couldn't it :silly: ( I wasn't refering to Yttrium but Slap Shot)

Edited by raynman03

I've been told by a very close source that he is a great kid just gets bad publicity at times.

Exactly. Everyone who knows him says he is a real quiet kid who stays out of the spotlight whenever possible. People in the gopher program say he just wants to blend in with the rest of the team. But then of course we have people like Goon who can't believe what a pre madonna he is because of his press conference announcing his decision to attend the the "U." Never mind the fact that Kessel wanted nothing to do with it. I'm sure fans of other teams would love to believe Kessel is a cancer to whatever team he plays for but it's just simply not true.

Why do you have to end your post with something like that,do you want people over here to dislike you or what.You seem to want a reasonable conversation and then you do that,that could be called flaming couldn't it :silly: ( I wasn't refering to Yttrium but Slap Shot)

"GO USA"? Or are you referring to the "criminal" comment? All I meant was I'm not going to rag on a hockey player if there's seemingly nothing about them worthy of ragging them for - that wasn't a shot at anyone in particular and could be applied to any one of a host of athletes - Randy Moss, Jeff Reardon, Mark Chmura, OJ Simpson, etc. Dang, is there anything I write that can't be twisted? :)

From this point forward, please use a big asterisk (see above) to start your post if you're going to post more Kessel/ chemistry crap. That way those of us interested in the thread topic don't have to sort through all of this bullsh!t to get a WJ update. Thanks.

From this point forward, please use a big asterisk (see above) to start your post if you're going to post more Kessel/ chemistry crap. That way those of us interested in the thread topic don't have to sort through all of this bullsh!t to get a WJ update. Thanks.

:silly::)

GO USA.............

Exactly. Everyone who knows him says he is a real quiet kid who stays out of the spotlight whenever possible. People in the gopher program say he just wants to blend in with the rest of the team. But then of course we have people like Goon who can't believe what a pre madonna he is because of his press conference announcing his decision to attend the the "U." Never mind the fact that Kessel wanted nothing to do with it. I'm sure fans of other teams would love to believe Kessel is a cancer to whatever team he plays for but it's just simply not true.

Thank you Mrs. Kessel? He may be just what you said, but I've heard just as many people say that they have heard interviews with him and he comes off as arrogant. Bottom line is that all this is second hand info, so who cares if he is or isn't the type of guy you would want your daughter to date, he obviously is a great hockey player.