SiouxSports.com Forum

Vote for Toews

Sioux_Hab-it

as of 8:15 tuesday morning

Which draft-eligible player would you like to see making Canada's final roster?

isn't angelo only 16 years old??

Angelo Esposito

50%

Derick Brassard

5%

Bryan Little

13%

Jonathan Toews

31%

He is only 16 but has amazing Stats that are on a par with what Crosby did his first year in the Quebec Major Juniors. Given that Canada's team will be so young anyway and that it could be considered an opportunity for experience I will not be surprised if both he and Toews make the team. Additionally, given coach Sutter's style and expectations I agree with TSN's assessment that Toews has the best chance of all.

He is only 16 but has amazing Stats that are on a par with what Crosby did his first year in the Quebec Major Juniors. Given that Canada's team will be so young anyway and that it could be considered an opportunity for experience I will not be surprised if both he and Toews make the team. Additionally, given coach Sutter's style and expectations I agree with TSN's assessment that Toews has the best chance of all.

Esposito is another great Canadian talent but Toews is still a more complete player at this point in time and may stay that way. Esposito and Toews played together at Shattuck last year and Toews showed that he was the best player on that team that also included Kyle Okposo.

Esposito is another great Canadian talent but Toews is still a more complete player at this point in time and may stay that way. Esposito and Toews played together at Shattuck last year and Toews showed that he was the best player on that team that also included Kyle Okposo.

Any chance whatsoever that Toews could talk Esposito into coming to play for us ?

Or is he more likely to play for Michigan or someone from the East Coast ?

Both of Toews goals were beauties and he was the dominant player in the first half of the scrimmage. TSN Analyst MacKenzie was saying that he talked to a bunch of the scouts who were in Grand Forks last weekend and they all stated that of the two prospects in the series, Toews is the complete package so we don't need to debate that one with the Skippies anymore.

Not sure if this has been posted anywhere already, but on the TSN World Juniors page, you can access a video clip of the TSN analysts (by clicking on 'World Junior Report') where they show highlights of Toews in the intrasquad game. McKenzie, Maguire and Miller all rave about him, highlighted by Maguire claiming if the NHL draft were held tomorrow, half the teams would select Toews first overall.

Not sure if this has been posted anywhere already, but on the TSN World Juniors page, you can access a video clip of the TSN analysts (by clicking on 'World Junior Report') where they show highlights of Toews in the intrasquad game. McKenzie, Maguire and Miller all rave about him, highlighted by Maguire claiming if the NHL draft were held tomorrow, half the teams would select Toews first overall.

This is password protected...

Here is the link to the page Canuck speaks about.

An article on Toews and Cogliano's scrimmage

From TSN.CA:

Forwards Cogliano, Guillaume Latendresse of Drummondville, Steve Downie of the Peterborough Petes and North Dakota's Jonathan Toews distinguished themselves Thursday.

Cogliano's speed and playmaking smarts were impressive. Latendresse continued to create space for himself and his teammates with his size and skilled hands. Downie was tenacious and dangerous around the net and threw a couple of hard hits.

Toews has made a strong case to play in the world junior hockey championship as a 17-year-old as he has excelled among players older than him.

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/news_story.asp...bName=world_jrs

Both of Toews goals were beauties and he was the dominant player in the first half of the scrimmage. TSN Analyst MacKenzie was saying that he talked to a bunch of the scouts who were in Grand Forks last weekend and they all stated that of the two prospects in the series, Toews is the complete package so we don't need to debate that one with the Skippies anymore.

http://mckeenshockey.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=490925

:D

Just to clarify, nobody was debating who had the BETTER WEEKEND last weekend, because I think the only difference between them was the goal Kessel scored when Stoa was in the crease, which according to Sheperd's Father, the head of officiating in the WCHA, should have been reversed to a no goal because of that fact. Both of them didn't do anything spectacular to me when watching them both. So I guess you can give the nod to Kessel because he scored a controversial goal last weekend. But the quote of Sioux_Hab-it stated that MacKenzie thought Toews was the more complete package overall, not just based on one weekend of hockey. Just so you understand and quit posting comments that are irrelevant to the quote you are poking fun at.

Your McKeens article is dated Skippy so off you go. The NHL scouts made their assessment of the two based on this most recent weekend. On another note, Toews was one of two players that the TSN Analysts spoke of after last nights scrimmageand I liked MacKenzies line that "he is always on the right side of the puck".

Edited by Sioux_Hab-it