SiouxSports.com Forum

UNO vs UND game thread

brianvf

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Omaha holding their own in the trenches during the first half. Their QB's are getting time to throw, but the Sioux coverage has been good so far. I can see how Omaha has put up big-time offensive numbers.

UND got away with a strategy mistake, IMO, we should have run clock with possession in our own territory and 2 minutes to go to half. Given the extra time, Omaha dang near scored. Fortunately, Sioux held.

Sioux offense is definitely setting up for some quick strikes in the second half ... (if the game situation needs it). Dressler has been great so far.

50 seconds left. Let's get Glas in range

We are acting like we have 30:00 minutes instead of 30 seconds!!!!!!!!!!

It's up to GLAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMFG!!!!

Short, we lost

Hard to win when your QB turns the ball over like that's the object of the game :)

Well, Belmore hasn't played well the past three weeks and for those weeks the defense bailed him out. It had to end sometime.

Now, does this make the USD game a must win?

It very well might, especially since USD has dropped down the regional rankings themselves. Its not like a loss to them next week would be a loss to a top regional team. Have to see how the rankings look next week.

Hard to win when your QB turns the ball over like that's the object of the game :)

Belmore had 3 picks, from the description the radio guys gave one of them was in grossman hands and got pulled away. He also had 3 fumbles, one on QB center exchange, another trying hand the ball off, and the last fumble gave UNO the ball in great field position to score and take the lead.

I don't know what is wrong, but he needs to get is confidence back for next week.

Belmore showed how worthless of a QB he is.... What a worthless performance by our QB today.... :)

What was worse was the play call on 3rd down at the end of the game. We have a future NFL left tackle, Digger Anderson, and we try running the ball with our QB? Give the ball to Beatty and let him get a first down to win the game.....that was a horrendous third down call..... ;)

I have to compliment the defense on a great game though. They were on the field the entire game, and to hold an offense like Omaha to 20 points with the position that they were put in time in and out was pretty gutsy. They'll be upset at themselves for the loss, but they truely played a great game.

Belmore had 3 picks, from the description the radio guys gave one of them was in grossman hands and got pulled away. He also had 3 fumbles, one on QB center exchange, another trying hand the ball off, and the last fumble gave UNO the ball in great field position to score and take the lead.

I don't know what is wrong, but he needs to get is confidence back for next week.

Belmore has looked bad against UNO, MSUM, and didn't look too good against UMD until the very end.

I think he's needed that for a while.

And, now that we're not undefeated, I think we can finally get back to just winning games, not setting records.

I will state the obvious. Too many turnovers.

The offense definitely lost this game for us today. You have to give your defense a chance to catch their breath for god's sake. It seemed like they were on the field for the whole fourth quarter.

Hopefully the hockey team will go out tonight and take care of business instead of bending over and grabbing their ankles like the UND's offense did this afternoon.

Something will have to give next week in a matchup of a resistable force (UND offense) and a movable object (USD defense). Which unit is struggling worse right now? Unfortunately for the Sioux offense, they're in a bad situation at the worst time of year for it to happen. Belmore has to have lost most if not all of his confidence considering the way he's played the past two weeks, and yet can you really throw Manke in there on the road with the season on the line considering how little he's played this year? I say yes, but it's unfair to expect all that much out of him. If nothing else, he can't possibly turn the ball over as much as Belmore.

This program must have some kind of mental block when it comes to UNO that is simply beyond comprehension. There was absolutely no way UND should have lost this game this year. And the fact that UND could lose 5 out of 6 against ANYBODY in dII is mind-boggling to me.

As well as the defense played, when it came to the last 10 minutes, they could not stop Masek to Denny when it counted.

The last turnover, the Bellmore fumble, was awful. Ran into traffic with the ball hanging out there in one hand.

Lastly, would guess GVSU takes over 1 in the region, and the GVSU/UND matchup, if it happens, will not be in the Alerus.

I think they just ran out of gas. Like I stated before, it was almost like the defense was on the field for the final 13 minutes of the game. They made a stop, got off the field just in time for Belmore to fumble again.

It was the Masek to Denny show at the end.