SiouxSports.com Forum

Welcome my Natives!

GrahamKracker

No doubt this GF Herald story will have made it to the newswire and some of you are here to see what the Fighting Sioux lovers are talking about.

Before you start to wander this forum please be reminded that most people here have no clue as to the history of our Native people. They only know what they learned by going to a hockey game, or taking an Indian studies class from one of our "International" Indian Studies department instructors.

Quick question ~~~What's the name of the University where a) Lakota Language is taught by a foreigner who can't even speak good english; b) you can count every Native athlete on one hand, with digits left over c)a mexican is putting up the Indian Association's tipi and thinking he's Sioux;, and d) Honor is shown by selling "________" dogs, H-"___________"-O, and "_______"veniers, oh and don't forget the green wigs.

Yep, UND. Welcome to the University of North Dakota.

b) you can count every Native athlete on one hand, with digits left over

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What is your point. If there were Native athletes who were capable of playing at UND's level there would be every effort in the world to make sure they were here. Facts are, there haven't been terribly many that are good enough. To suggest otherwise is assinine. Is UND supposed to bring down it's teams and take Native Americans for the sake of them being Native Americans, whether they can play or not??? What is your point?

I got that beat, they couldn't find a Lakota who knew how to put up a tipi so they had to find a Mexican to do it.  :silly:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, he's a wannabee. I think he's ashamed of his heritage, so he grew out his hair, has taken Lakota language for the last 3 years (same level), and now he thinks he's Sioux, talk about lost. What's really sad is he doesn't even correct people when they call him Indian, not until we come around does he acknowledge his true lineage.

...oh and don't forget the green wigs. 

Yep, UND.  Welcome to the University of North Dakota.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This stance you take has no merit. Do you think people wear green wigs to support you as a Sioux? Therein lies your falsehood. Disconnect the people supporting their school with their support of school colors with their pride in their nickname. People that wear wigs and paint their faces at the events aren't supplanting themselves in your culture or trying to emulate it. They are just having a good time supporting their school. School support and nickname support can be autonomous.

You can throw out your "green wigs are part of the problem" theory.

... taking an Indian studies class from one of our "International" Indian Studies department instructors.

If you have a problem with that, blame the hiring on the people who directly hired him: the Indian Studies Department.

Personally, I hire the best available person who can do the job. I live in a world where it's illegal to base hiring practice on flesh tones or other similar litmus tests. The University of North Dakota lives in that same world. I guess the best Lakota instructor available wasn't Lakota.

No doubt this GF Herald story will have made it to the newswire and some of you are here to see what the Fighting Sioux lovers are talking about. 

Before you start to wander this forum please be reminded that most people here have no clue as to the history of our Native people.  They only know what they learned by going to a hockey game, or taking an Indian studies class from one of our "International" Indian Studies department instructors.

Quick question ~~~What's the name of the University where a) Lakota Language is taught by a foreigner who can't even speak good english; b) you can count every Native athlete on one hand, with digits left over c)a mexican is putting up the Indian Association's tipi and thinking he's Sioux;, and d) Honor is shown by selling "________" dogs, H-"___________"-O, and "_______"veniers, oh and don't forget the green wigs. 

Yep, UND.  Welcome to the University of North Dakota.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

GK,

Your level of bigotry and hatred towards anything non-Indian really doesn't stun me anymore.

Are you seriously blaming white people because a Mexican is putting up the Indian Association's tipi?

I bet I can count the number of half Italian UND athletes on one hand, too, with digits left over.

You're upset because a "foreigner" is teaching the Lakota language? Talk about racist. That "foreigner" is probably an American citizen. Of course, I'm sure you also refer to him or her as the "Asian Cracker" or something like that.

Open your eyes, GK. America is the great melting pot. And, stunningly enough, you're a part of it.

The title of this thread "ol kracker started is "Welcome my Natives!"

When did "they" become "his"  Who made him in charge :silly:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He is their fearless leader who will lead them to the promised land, by ridding the world of all racism simply by getting the University of North Dakota to drop the Fighting Sioux nickname by force, intimidation, and name-calling.

I do have to warn everyone not to drink the Kool-Aid.......though.

When did "they" become "his"  Who made him in charge :silly: 
If they are "natives" of "his" they would be hate monger bigots-not true Native AMERICANS.

He is their fearless leader who will lead them to the promised land, by ridding the world of all racism simply by getting the University of North Dakota to drop the Fighting Sioux nickname by force, intimidation, and name-calling.

This would be good because he could lead "them" out of North Dakota and take "them" all-no matter what "their" ancestry.

Uncle Kracker ... where's the respect ?

How come every little issue around UND or GF turns into a Native vs. White issue?

The gentlemen who was preparing the Tipi has an appreciation for Native America. Simply put. Why mock the guy regardless of his race. You have a problem of white or other people non-native appreciating and supporting our respective heritages!

Grow up.

Every post you have in these sites are laced w/ hatred, hostility and racisism. Maybe they were referring to you when they labeled UND as "hostile and abusive".

I just returned from our state's Indian Education Association Conference where the theme was the unification between our people of all nations. Why can't you simply let your guard down and say the people of UND and ND so proudly support our Fighting Sioux name and logo.

Oh but wait ... here comes another cut down, sorry for me insult of Native Americans ... blah blah blah. You are a disgrace in the rebuilding of our nations. You make the white man believe all Native Americans are just like you. Full of hatred and disgust. You are what gives the white man ammunition as to how they perceive our people and our cultures.

I feel very sorry for you GrahamKracker that you live a life of hatred. Maybe you should asked your Creator to forgive you and the absolute hatred you have to any non native citizens. The bad spirits really must be working on you.

In order to get our Nations on the right track when need the help of the white man. We need personnel to win back our pride and to help re-generate the beliefs and cultures we once had in the traditional ways. We need to educate, inspire and lead our children .. RIGHT NOW!

As I've mentioned in earlier posts, the time is now to make this transition.

Uncle Kracker  ... where's the respect ?

How come every little issue around UND or GF turns into a Native vs. White issue?

The gentlemen who was preparing the Tipi has an appreciation for Native America.  Simply put.  Why mock the guy regardless of his race.  You have a problem of white or other people non-native appreciating and supporting our respective heritages!

Grow up.

Every post you have in these sites are laced w/ hatred, hostility and racisism.  Maybe they were referring to you when they labeled UND as "hostile and abusive".

I just returned from our state's Indian Education Association Conference where the theme was the unification between our people of all nations.  Why can't you simply let your guard down and say the people of UND and ND so proudly support our Fighting Sioux name and logo. 

Oh but wait ... here comes another cut down, sorry for me insult of Native Americans ... blah blah blah.  You are a disgrace in the rebuilding of our nations.  You make the white man believe all Native Americans are just like you.  Full of hatred and disgust.  You are what gives the white man ammunition as to how they perceive our people and our cultures.

I feel very sorry for you GrahamKracker that you live a life of hatred.  Maybe you should asked your Creator to forgive you and the absolute hatred you have to any non native citizens.  The bad spirits really must be working on you.

In order to get our Nations on the right track when need the help of the white man.  We need personnel to win back our pride and to help re-generate the beliefs and cultures we once had in the traditional ways.  We need to educate, inspire and lead our children .. RIGHT NOW!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now that was beautiful.

Uncle Kracker  ... where's the respect ?

The gentlemen who was preparing the Tipi has an appreciation for Native America.  Simply put.  Why mock the guy regardless of his race.  You have a problem of white or other people non-native appreciating and supporting our respective heritages!

Grow up.

Every post you have in these sites are laced w/ hatred, hostility and racisism.  Maybe they were referring to you when they labeled UND as "hostile and abusive".

I just returned from our state's Indian Education Association Conference where the theme was the unification between our people of all nations.  Why can't you simply let your guard down and say the people of UND and ND so proudly support our Fighting Sioux name and logo. 

Oh but wait ... here comes another cut down, sorry for me insult of Native Americans ... blah blah blah.  You are a disgrace in the rebuilding of our nations.  You make the white man believe all Native Americans are just like you.  Full of hatred and disgust.  You are what gives the white man ammunition as to how they perceive our people and our cultures.

I feel very sorry for you GrahamKracker that you live a life of hatred.  Maybe you should asked your Creator to forgive you and the absolute hatred you have to any non native citizens.  The bad spirits really must be working on you.

In order to get our Nations on the right track when need the help of the white man.  We need personnel to win back our pride and to help re-generate the beliefs and cultures we once had in the traditional ways.  We need to educate, inspire and lead our children .. RIGHT NOW!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bless you, Yttrium.

However, he's already inferred a threat of violence. Since veiled threats like those have been issued before, blown off, and then tragedy struck, I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend to the administration that those posts (they are now on locked threads) and all of the info they have on the person called "GrahamKracker" be turned over to the FBI to investigate a possible threat. After all, though it isn't a Sioux event, the Weise character posted his plan at Red Lake on a message board before opening up at that high school.

Whether we win the battle or lose it, violence is not the answer and all threats of violence should be taken seriously.

EVERYONE born in the United States of America is a Native American. It doesn't matter if your ancestors were English, Irish, Mohawk,Lenape,German,Korean,Egyptian,Australian,Peruvian,etc. People should stop worrying about hyphens and just be thankful to GOD we are so blessed to live here.