SiouxSports.com Forum

Welcome my Natives!

GrahamKracker

EVERYONE born in the United States of America is a Native American. It doesn't matter if your ancestors were English, Irish, Mohawk,Lenape,German,Korean,Egyptian,Australian,Peruvian,etc. People should stop worrying about hyphens and just be thankful  to GOD we are so blessed to live here.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Very well said. We have millions of people here in this country and it is very unlikely that any group of them is leaving. So we all need to find a way to move forward and work together to make this a better place for ALL of us to live.

How ironic. GK slams everyone for his view of their lack of knowledge of Native Americans, and then slams those non-Native Americans who have learned a tribal language and those trying to learn, because they aren't Native American.

Reminds me of my drill sergeant in basic. SSgt. Mayfield could phrase a question so that you were damned whether you said yes or no. Come to think about it, SSgt Mayfield was far more enlightening than GK.

Uncle Kracker  ... where's the respect ?

How come every little issue around UND or GF turns into a Native vs. White issue?

The gentlemen who was preparing the Tipi has an appreciation for Native America.  Simply put.  Why mock the guy regardless of his race.  You have a problem of white or other people non-native appreciating and supporting our respective heritages!

Grow up.

Every post you have in these sites are laced w/ hatred, hostility and racisism.  Maybe they were referring to you when they labeled UND as "hostile and abusive".

I just returned from our state's Indian Education Association Conference where the theme was the unification between our people of all nations.  Why can't you simply let your guard down and say the people of UND and ND so proudly support our Fighting Sioux name and logo. 

Oh but wait ... here comes another cut down, sorry for me insult of Native Americans ... blah blah blah.  You are a disgrace in the rebuilding of our nations.  You make the white man believe all Native Americans are just like you.  Full of hatred and disgust.  You are what gives the white man ammunition as to how they perceive our people and our cultures.

I feel very sorry for you GrahamKracker that you live a life of hatred.  Maybe you should asked your Creator to forgive you and the absolute hatred you have to any non native citizens.  The bad spirits really must be working on you.

In order to get our Nations on the right track when need the help of the white man.  We need personnel to win back our pride and to help re-generate the beliefs and cultures we once had in the traditional ways.  We need to educate, inspire and lead our children .. RIGHT NOW!

As I've mentioned in earlier posts, the time is now to make this transition.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you Yttrium. A solid voice of reason. Something we should all take heed in.

Share the posts with campus security. The more that do, the more seriously we'll be taken. He may be just blowing smoke out his $@@ but as LetsGoSioux noted, the young man involved in the RL shootings posted his plans on a message board; not unlike postings we've seen on the Sioux Name threads.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

my biggest fear is UND's current situation has a Tawanna Brawley* incident written all over it...and you know someone like Russell Means would love to play the role of the Rev. Al Sharpton. It took a while to find the REAL truth on that one but what a mess in the interim!

*Google that for members too young to remember...

:silly: I couldn't agree more. i don't know what happened to my post from the evening things were getting out of hand...there seems to be a few remarks missing, but this is not funny at all! The blog and some of the comments here are getting out of hand. I realize that hopefully most of this is verbal sparring, but considering Red Lake, Columbine, Ricorri (sp), etc...it needs to be taken seriously. If this were done on a high school campus or elsewhere, there would be investigations, expulsions, etc. GK seems very passionate about his "cause" and even though he says he has been in the service and is pursuing an education, his arguments are inflammatory, illogical, immature, idiotic, and now terroristic. It is hard to not just lay in to him, but it is useless. He is here just to incite a verbal riot. I have a feeling he is not so much concerned about the use of the name Sioux but more concerned with causing any bit of trouble he can for UND or races other than his own. He does so because he is Lakota and the NC double A-holes have said he can! I would like to keep the name very much, but if this is not going to be resolved any time soon and things keep escalating, I think it needs to be thought about. I will still always think of UND as home of the Fighting Sioux and I will still be sporting my Sioux attire no matter what. I think the Sioux of old that truly deserve this honor would be troubled by the actions and words of a few. Don't worry Yttrium...I do not judge the Indian race on the actions of people like GK...I myself prefer to think that all races have their GKs and all have their Yttriums. I think we all know which is the more honorable one!

Oh wait, he did bring that up in a different thread, or did Sioux-cia just miss the fact that I brought it up in this thread not LetsGoSioux?

Bah, I'm confused. 

And I'd love to share it with campus security, but I'd rather share it with the UPD, Grand Forks Police, and the FBI.  However, I can't.  I don't have administrative powers and can't give credibility to the posts like the Administrator can.  I don't have access to what he has access to.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My bad. :silly:

:lol: I couldn't agree more.  i don't know what happened to my post from the evening things were getting out of hand...there seems to be a few remarks missing, but this is not funny at all!  The blog and some of the comments here are getting out of hand.  I realize that hopefully most of this is verbal sparring, but considering Red Lake, Columbine, Ricorri (sp), etc...it needs to be taken seriously.  If this were done on a high school campus or elsewhere, there would be investigations, expulsions, etc.  GK seems very passionate about his "cause" and even though he says he has been in the service and is pursuing an education, his arguments are inflammatory, illogical, immature, idiotic, and now terroristic.  It is hard to not just lay in to him, but it is useless.  He is here just to incite a verbal riot.  I have a feeling he is not so much concerned about the use of the name Sioux but more concerned with causing any bit of trouble he can for UND or races other than his own.  He does so because he is Lakota and the NC double A-holes have said he can!  I would like to keep the name very much, but if this is not going to be resolved any time soon and things keep escalating, I think it needs to be thought about.  I will still always think of UND as home of the Fighting Sioux and I will still be sporting my Sioux attire no matter what.  I think the Sioux of old that truly deserve this honor would be troubled by the actions and words of a few.  Don't worry Yttrium...I do not judge the Indian race on the actions of people like GK...I myself prefer to think that all races have their GKs and all have their Yttriums. I think we all know which is the more honorable one!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree completely. I also apologise for getting sucked into GK's sick game and responding inappropriately to posts that were deliberately made to 'get me going'. By responding, I was adding fuel to the fire. I crossed the line. Sorry. :silly: