SiouxSports.com Forum

Let the Polls Begin.

DMT

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think is the Sicatoka that has the saying on polls...

Please. Don't encourage him. :lol::)

I'm surprised that UND is rated that high, given our hostile and abusive nickname and all. Beating Manitoba apparently did wonders for the Sioux. :huh:

Don't agree with the polls. At this point polls are irrelevant, but IMO anyways, it should look like:

1. Denver

2. Minnesota

3. Cornell

Boston College

5. Ohio State

6. UND

7. Colorado College

8. UNH

9. Michigan

10-15. As is.

Ohio State is good, but they're not going to be tested outside of Michigan this year. Yes, the ECACHL looks like a tougher league than the CCHA from top to bottom.

Cornell at #3... :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think that is a scream. Apparently the believe the complaints by Cornell Head coach Schaffer if the regional game held in Minnesota had been somewhere else they would have made it to the frozen four. I think Cornell is highly over rated, they spend the season feasting on weak conference opponents and they always seem to be the darlings of the east coast polls. Give me a break.

Apparently Kessel is enough to put Minnesota at Number 1.

Edited by Goon

uscho/cstv poll

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/

October 3, 2005

Team (First Place) Record Pts Last Year

1 Denver (17) 32-9-2 662 1

2 Minnesota (13) 28-15-1 653 7

3 Boston College ( 2) 26-7-7 583 2

4 Cornell 27-5-3 580 4

5 Ohio State ( 2) 27-11-4 566 9

6 Colorado College 31-9-3 523 3

7 North Dakota ( 1) 25-15-5 502 10

8 Michigan 31-8-3 481 5

9 New Hampshire 26-11-5 459 6

10 Wisconsin ( 1) 23-14-4 391 13

11 Maine 20-13-7 309 12

12 Northern Michigan 22-11-7 270 -

13 Boston University 23-14-4 260 11

14 Dartmouth 20-13-2 242 15

15 Harvard 21-10-3 222 8

16 Mass.-Lowell 20-12-4 208 -

17 Michigan State 20-17-4 204 -

18 Colgate 25-11-3 78 14

19 Vermont 21-14-4 51 -

-- Minnesota-Duluth 15-17-6 51 -

No offense, but I'm surprised to see CC ranked below you guys. I guess they figure since Stuart is gone and you've got an impressive recruiting class, that's enough. Of course, I'm surprised to see you ranked BELOW Cornell and The Ohio State (can't forget the "The!") But preseason rankings are meaningless, AS THE BULLDOGS SAW LAST YEAR.

God, at least they were on there at all.

No offense, but I'm surprised to see CC ranked below you guys. I guess they figure since Stuart is gone and you've got an impressive recruiting class, that's enough. Of course, I'm surprised to see you ranked BELOW Cornell and The Ohio State (can't forget the "The!") But preseason rankings are meaningless, AS THE BULLDOGS SAW LAST YEAR.

God, at least they were on there at all.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, another solid Dman Greco jumped early too and they only have the one proven goalie Zaba.

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/?data=uscho1...92000&week=1004

U.S. College Hockey Online Division I Men's Poll

October 4, 1999

Team (First Place Votes) Record Pts Last

1 Boston College (26) 0-0-0 363 5

2 Maine (7) 0-0-0 302 4

3 Michigan State (1) 0-0-0 291 3

4 North Dakota (4) 0-0-0 266 1

5 Michigan (1) 0-0-0 231 9

6 New Hampshire (1) 0-0-0 177 2

7 Clarkson 0-0-0 149 6

8 Colorado College 0-0-0 141 7

9 Northern Michigan 0-0-0 78 -

10 Denver 0-0-0 46 8

Others receiving votes: Minnesota 42, St Lawrence 36,

Wisconsin 26, Ohio State 14, Rensselaer 11, Notre Dame 7,

Providence 5, Boston University 3, Colgate 2, Mass Lowell 2,

Northeastern 2, Alaska Anchorage 1, Bowling Green 1,

Harvard 1, MSU-Mankato 1, Niagara 1, St Cloud 1

OTHER YEARS USCHO 1ST POLL

2000/2001 SIOUX #1

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/?data=uscho1...02001&week=1002

2001/2002 SIOUX # 2

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/?data=uscho1...12002&week=1005

2002/2003 SIOUX # 13

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/?data=uscho1...22003&week=0930

2003/2004 SIOUX # 5

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/?data=uscho1...32004&week=0929

2004/2005 SIOUX # 5

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/?data=uscho1...42005&week=0927

yes it was hot in sun devil stadium..over 100 degrees, its cooling down here though (i know, laugh) but seriously. we need WINTER to come quick, i use that term loosley!! in no time it will be 80 every day then pure hell will hit again in may..

I lived in South Carolina for about two and a half years. Summer just went on and on. The whole time I lived there, I felt like I needed to take five showers a day. I used to go to the South Carolina Gamecocks games and in November I was still wearing t-shirts and shorts to the football games. It felt strange watching football that late and not wearing sweatshirts and jackets.

the only good thing about the heeat in az is that there is no humidity!!

I lived in South Carolina for about two and a half years. Summer just went on and on. The whole time I lived there, I felt like I needed to take five showers a day. I used to go to the South Carolina Gamecocks games and in November I was still wearing t-shirts and shorts to the football games. It felt strange  watching football that late and not wearing sweatshirts and jackets.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the only good thing about the heeat in az is that there is no humidity!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do Arizonans have some kind of quota that makes them repeat this phrase a certain number of time each day? Because my father-in-law lives down there and I swear every time he talks to us on the phone or e-mails us, he says the same thing. :silly:

i hear ya PCM, i think im programed to say that when talking about the heat..the best is this.....

"its 118 degrees out today but its a dry heat ya know, you get use to it"

Do Arizonans have some kind of quota that makes them repeat this phrase a certain number of time each day? Because my father-in-law lives down there and I swear every time he talks to us on the phone or e-mails us, he says the same thing. :silly:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think that is a scream. Apparently the believe the complaints by Cornell Head coach Schaffer if the regional game held in Minnesota had been somewhere else they would have made it to the frozen four. I think Cornell is highly over rated, they spend the season feasting on weak conference opponents and they always seem to be the darlings of the east coast polls. Give me a break.

Apparently Kessel is enough to put Minnesota at Number 1.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Goon, you gotta admit, that number one ranking (as meaningless as it is) is based on much more than just Kessel.

Both of these squads were Final Four teams last year, and seemingly Nodak lost more than they gained while Minnesota gained more than they lost (take Kessel out of the equation and Minnesota gained more with Stoa, Frazee and Wheeler than they lost in the outgoing seniors)

I can't believe Wisconsin isn't ranked higher. I think they have a real good shot this year. I know in years past they have choked at the end of the year but right now I would pick them to finish first or second in the WCHA. That pick may come back to haunt me in about five months.