SiouxSports.com Forum

Let the Polls Begin.

DMT

Any objective observer would find nothing wrong with Minnesota being #1 in the pre-season poll, even without Kessel. They're a frozen 4 team that returns pretty much everything. The other three frozen 4 teams lost considerable talent. There's no need to be snide about it and contribute it all to Kessel.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Any objective observer would find nothing wrong with Minnesota being #1 in the pre-season poll, even without Kessel. They're a frozen 4 team that returns pretty much everything. The other three frozen 4 teams lost considerable talent. There's no need to be snide about it and contribute it all to Kessel."

If you are speaking Chinese that is some pretty well thought out Chinese. Nice take.

Denver should be the preseason number one based on the fact that they are holders of back to back National Championchips.

"Any objective observer would find nothing wrong with Minnesota being #1 in the pre-season poll, even without Kessel. They're a frozen 4 team that returns pretty much everything. The other three frozen 4 teams lost considerable talent. There's no need to be snide about it and contribute it all to Kessel."

If you are speaking Chinese that is some pretty well thought out Chinese.  Nice take.

Denver should be the preseason number one based on the fact that they are holders of back to back National Championchips.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

While you are at it, would you also give us your opinion as to who will be the first to do the Screwy Squirrel post-game act this year. My money is on Briggs.

who will be the first rodent to score a breakaway goal and crash into a net after a game? my money is on hirsch.

Who will be the first Sue to take a dive too close to the boards? My money is on Spirko.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There's a difference? :silly:

Goon - that was almost a compliment to MN. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lol, are you trying to give me a coronary arrest. Notice I stopped short of doing such, it would have made me feel dirty and feel the need to take a shower...

Edited by Goon

Goon, you gotta admit, that number one ranking (as meaningless as it is) is based on much more than just Kessel.

Both of these squads were Final Four teams last year, and seemingly Nodak lost more than they gained while Minnesota gained more than they lost (take Kessel out of the equation and Minnesota gained more with Stoa, Frazee and Wheeler than they lost in the outgoing seniors)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wait, your right, fly under the radar, I like it. I never thought of it that way. Now I see the logic and the genius in your point.

I will now retract my statement and say that Minnesota is the number one team in the nation tied with Wisconsin and Devner and Make B.C. number two.

I like UND's chances more and more.

Just exactly how many votes does Barry Melrose get? :huh::silly:;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They forgot to tell you. I heard its three. Too bad Cornell can't play up tempo hockey and and they are too slow to skate with the top teams or play on an olympic sheet of ice. Yesh.

Cornell, for rich, snobby smart people; sure are a bunch of whinners. Hum sounds like entitlement hockey to me.

I can't believe Wisconsin isn't ranked higher.  I think they have a real good shot this year.  I know in years past they have choked at the end of the year but right now I would pick them to finish first or second in the WCHA.  That pick may come back to haunt me in about five months.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree about UW. They are my pick on USCHO to win the WCHA. They have an easy WCHA schedule and their style leaves them very unlikely to squander the games they should win. I'd still love to see the Gophers draw them in the semis at Milwaukee or in the regional in Green Bay. I think they can be outgunned.

USCHO POLL sioux 9th..OCT 10TH

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/

USA TODAY sioux 9th..OCT 10TH

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/hockey/usatmen.htm

ALL 59 TEAMS INCH POWER RANKINGS

SIOUX...# 3

http://insidecollegehockey.com/5Polls/0506/polls_0403.htm

3. North Dakota Nine seasons ago, the resurgence of the Sioux dynasty began with an unexpected Frozen Four title in Milwaukee. NoDak fans are hoping, come April, to party like it's 1997.

Normally I disagree with INCH because they don't give UND enough credit. However, todays ranking gives them too much credit.

INCH Power Rankings

Having seen all four games there is no way they are #2 right now. Miami outplayed them, the MSU game was close, and UND pretty much controlled both games against a weak NU team.

I see improvement from the team from game 1 thru game 4 and expect to see continued improvement throughout the year, but it is not realistic to rank them at #2 just yet. The next six games will give us a pretty good idea of where they stand early in the season, I hope they can at least go 3-3.

If they can stay healthy and continue to improve I think this will be a very fun team to watch in Feb/March/April.