SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

Whoa Lincoln Kuehne to CC….i wouldn’t have guessed that at all.

CC nabbed a high-profile defenseman out of our backyard. Would be interesting to know if UND was even pursuing him.

On 8/1/2024 at 7:15 AM, The Sicatoka said:

BREAKING: Reports say @Wilbur will make an annoucement about the future of UND goaltending. 

I've got to be able to spell the one kid's name before I make anything public. 

59 minutes ago, ChadR said:

Saw that Brad Berry is in Edmonton for the Hlinka Gretzky Cup. I like that.

That's good!

Maybe he can flip Carter Murphy from UMD.  UND legacy, plus he's having a great few games.  One assist in the first game (only 1 USA goal) and then four more assists in their 12-3 win over Germany.

1 hour ago, ChadR said:

Saw that Brad Berry is in Edmonton for the Hlinka Gretzky Cup. I like that.

Wonder if any of Schlossman's top-30 who are still uncommitted are in that tournament. 

9 minutes ago, .357 said:

Wonder if any of Schlossman's top-30 who are still uncommitted are in that tournament. 

Most of the US roster is already committed to NCAA schools and are from the previous recruiting cycle (including Cooper Simpson, one of our commits).
But there are a few uncommitted players, including Mason Moe from the Schloss list...most UMN fans seem to think he's heading there though.

Here's the US roster:

https://www.therinklive.com/junior-and-prospects/usa-hockey-reveals-23-man-roster-for-2024-hlinka-gretzky-cup

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Most of the US roster is already committed to NCAA schools and are from the previous recruiting cycle (including Cooper Simpson, one of our commits).
But there are a few uncommitted players, including Mason Moe from the Schloss list...most UMN fans seem to think he's heading there though.

Here's the US roster:

https://www.therinklive.com/junior-and-prospects/usa-hockey-reveals-23-man-roster-for-2024-hlinka-gretzky-cup

The Five Nations tournament coming up will probably have more uncommitted players to watch. That’s the one Cole Bumgarner is playing in. 

• Upvote 2

I'm wondering with both Sanderson (Karl) and Bumgarner (Not sure which coach but said someone) stating that coaches came to their house Aug. 1 to make the offers if they were two of our main targets or if they knew our other main targets would be taking visits and these two were somewhat local? Just seems like the two commits we got were pretty much layups so far. Certainly hoping we are in on some of the other bigger names out there. 

11 minutes ago, I Ranger said:

I'm wondering with both Sanderson (Karl) and Bumgarner (Not sure which coach but said someone) stating that coaches came to their house Aug. 1 to make the offers if they were two of our main targets or if they knew our other main targets would be taking visits and these two were somewhat local? Just seems like the two commits we got were pretty much layups so far. Certainly hoping we are in on some of the other bigger names out there. 

Berchild is the only big name I’ve heard about that we REALLY want. Additionally over half of Schlossman’s “List” is committed to schools now. There’s 14 guys left. And several of those names seem likely for other schools. Im guessing we are also interested in some guys not on the List. 

1 minute ago, siouxforce19 said:

Berchild is the only big name I’ve heard about that we REALLY want. Additionally over half of Schlossman’s “List” is committed to schools now. There’s 14 guys left. And several of those names seem likely for other schools. Im guessing we are also interested in some guys not on the List. 

I was thinking Beuker and Zajic (and Hurbert but it sounds like that ship has sailed) would be main targets too? Just to name a few. 

23 minutes ago, I Ranger said:

Certainly hoping we are in on some of the other bigger names out there. 

I was thinking likewise & can only assume that the coaches are actively pursuing other high-profile players. Maybe it's like this most years, but it's a little odd that DU, MN & WI are a week into August with no commitments & UND w/only 2; as opposed to BC & BU who seemed to already have most of their top recruits locked down.

I can think of no other reason than the top remaining players are still undecided. 

12 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Berchild is the only big name I’ve heard about that we REALLY want.

I don't doubt you, but how do you know this information that UND really wants him?

30 minutes ago, .357 said:

I was thinking likewise & can only assume that the coaches are actively pursuing other high-profile players. Maybe it's like this most years, but it's a little odd that DU, MN & WI are a week into August with no commitments & UND w/only 2; as opposed to BC & BU who seemed to already have most of their top recruits locked down.

I can think of no other reason than the top remaining players are still undecided. 

I don't doubt you, but how do you know this information that UND really wants him?

No one would pass on Berchild. I have reservations on how high end he will eventually be, however his floor would be very good college player. 1st line/top PP, etc. Also, phenomenal character with unreal work ethic. 

Updated list with where they committed:

1. Mikey Berchild, F, Excelsior, Minn

2. J.P. Hurlbert, F, Allen, Texas – Michigan, B1G

3. Dayne Beuker, F, Humboldt, Sask./Portland, Ore

4. Luke Schairer, D, Charlotte, N.C. - BU, Hockey East

5. Eli McKamey, F, Cowichan Bay, B.C

6. Tynan Lawrence, F, Fredericton, N.B. - BU, Hockey East

7. Caleb Malhotra, F, Toronto – BU, Hockey East

8. Jack Hextall, F, Rolling Meadows, Ill – Michigan State, B1G

9. Logan Stuart, F, Manhattan Beach, Calif 

10. Parker Trottier, F, Edina, Minn - Notre Dame, B1G

11. Logan Lutner, D, Maple Grove, Minn

12. Sam Wathier, D, Des Moines, Iowa – BC, Hockey East

13. A.J. Francisco, D, Hermantown, Minn

14. Victor Plante, F, Hermantown, Minn – Duluth, NCHC

15. Callum Croskery, D, Oakville, Ont - BC, Hockey East

16. Jet Kwajah, D, Hamilton, Ont

17. Jackson Marthaler, D, Superior, Wis – Duluth, NCHC

18. Noah Davidson, F, Irvine, Calif

19. Jonas Kemps, D, Sebastopol, Calif - Michigan State, B1G

20. Lukas Zajic, F, Plainfield, Ill

21. Zachary Nyman, D, Toronto - Michigan, B1G

22. Casey Mutryn, F, Norwell, Mass - BC, Hockey East

23. Cole Bumgarner, F, Albertville, Minn – North Dakota, NCHC

24. Lincoln Kuehne, D, West Fargo – CC, NCHC

25. Abe Barnett, D, Wilmette, Ill 

26. Carter Casey, G, Grand Rapids, Minn

27. Mason West, F, Edina, Minn

28. Carter Sanderson, F, Pierre, S.D. – North Dakota, NCHC

29. Luke Carrithers, G, Maple Grove, Minn

30. T.J. Hale, F, West Fargo

The honorable mentions to the list:

Aurelio Garcia, F, Romeoville, Ill.

Blake Zielinski, F, Berlin, N.J. - Providence, Hockey East

Beckham Edwards, F, Komoka, Ont. - Sarnia, OHL

Landon Hafele, F, Fairbanks, Alaska

Thomas Vandenberg, F, Ottawa, Ont.

Brody George, F, Johnstown, Pa. - Michigan State, B1G

Nick Bogas, D, Royal Oak, Mich. – Michigan State, B1G

On 8/8/2024 at 11:34 PM, brianvf said:

That's good!

Maybe he can flip Carter Murphy from UMD.  UND legacy, plus he's having a great few games.  One assist in the first game (only 1 USA goal) and then four more assists in their 12-3 win over Germany.

Agreed, he’s having a really nice tourney.