SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Motzko may do a good job there, but I still doubt they will ever win an NCAA tourney game..............

Under Dahl, I would agree with you. However, Motzko is recruiting better and is coaching a much more exciting game. St. Cloud played very well at the end of the season and actually stuck with UND at the Final Five champ game, but the 6th game in 9 days just caught up with them. I am not saying they will win a Nat Champ, but they are heading in the right direction. Hell, if Holy Cross can do it, why not St. Cloud. :lol:

If I was Motzko I'd probably try this angle on a Marvin/Christian prospect:

Ok, your family is a huge part of the UND legacy. Cal pretty much started the program and other family has played there. Dave and Billy played for UND as well as Olympic teams, etc. The Marvin and Christian names will always be connected with UND. It's understandable if you want to be a part of that.

But you have the opportunity to connect those storied family names to the ascendance of another program. A program started by the legendary Herb Brooks, that has seen a hint of success but has really struggled recently. Your name could be connected with revitalizing this program. And 50 years from now, the Marvin/Christian name will be connected with the development and emergence of 2 highly successful hockey programs. You could be responsible for multiplying the level of respect for what your families have contributed to hockey in this area.

You have to decide what's more exciting to you. Do you want to step into a comfortable environment under the umbrella of your ancestors? Or do you want to step out take your family name to a new level.

You have my number. Call me and let me know.

Ok, your family is a huge part of the UND legacy. Cal pretty much started the program and other family has played there. Dave and Billy played for UND as well as Olympic teams, etc. The Marvin and Christian names will always be connected with UND. It's understandable if you want to be a part of that.

But you have the opportunity to connect those storied family names to the ascendance of another program. A program started by the legendary Herb Brooks, that has seen a hint of success but has really struggled recently. Your name could be connected with revitalizing this program. And 50 years from now, the Marvin/Christian name will be connected with the development and emergence of 2 highly successful hockey programs. You could be responsible for multiplying the level of respect for what your families have contributed to hockey in this area.

You have to decide what's more exciting to you. Do you want to step into a comfortable environment under the umbrella of your ancestors? Or do you want to step out take your family name to a new level.

Good point...however it is still St. Clown State. I mean come on. Does anyone know if Marvin actually had an offer from the Sioux??

IMHO, there's no reason at all why the Huskies can't be a future perennial contender. Sure, schools with (hockey) resources like UND, UMN, UW, Mich, Mich St., BC, and BU will always get the recruits. But besides history (which is continually being made), why do teams like CC and DU have great programs? How come SCSU can't be like them? I submit that because of coach Motzko and an aggresive AD, that's exactly what will happen. Eventually, seeing SCSU on the short list of potential schools for a true blue chip recruit will not seem so shocking. :ohmy:

Does that matter, really? I mean, They could have taken 4 of 5 from the Sioux, but as long as that 1 loss comes in the WCHA Final Five, the Sioux still end up on top.

Hence the :huh: & :lol:. Wow, someone needs to relax a bit. :ohmy:

FYI Billy did not play at UND.

Does that matter, really? I mean, They could have taken 4 of 5 from the Sioux, but as long as that 1 loss comes in the WCHA Final Five, the Sioux still end up on top.

This issue really is a moot point as the UND staff have signed other players with more potential and you can't sign everyone. When SCSU starts signing first round draft picks and blue chip D-men then maybe we can resume this discussion. :lol:

This issue really is a moot point as the UND staff have signed other players with more potential and you can't sign everyone. When SCSU starts signing first round draft picks and blue chip D-men then maybe we can resume this discussion. :lol:

As Wisconsin showed us last year, that's not what it takes to win. :lol: St.Cloud is turning it around and signing Marvin is another example of the trend. With Goepfert in nets and Motzko behind the bench they will be tough again this year.

As Wisconsin showed us last year, that's not what it takes to win. :lol: St.Cloud is turning it around and signing Marvin is another example of the trend. With Goepfert in nets and Motzko behind the bench they will be tough again this year.

You are correct, you need goatending too. :huh:

Hockey Futures has Florida's 2006 draft review. Nice piece about Derrick Lapiont. I think he was a big pick up. Probably a late bloomer with a lot of potential.

These are better players to pick up, unlike Wisconsin who gets commitments from the best 15 year olds and they don't know how good they will be 3 years later or if they will ever play for them.

Colin Wilson, who played some youth hockey in Winnipeg, apparently committed to BU. This is from an ROI e-mail:

"Boston University aside, word is Colorado College and North Dakota were also heavily in the mix for Wilson, who in the end found Boston to the be the object of his D-I desires. "

Colin Wilson, who played some youth hockey in Winnipeg, apparently committed to BU. This is from an ROI e-mail:

"Boston University aside, word is Colorado College and North Dakota were also heavily in the mix for Wilson, who in the end found Boston to the be the object of his D-I desires. "

I think this is a pretty big loss for us. We really need to start getting some 07 committments and Wilson was one of the top recruits for 07 and one of which I thought we had a great chance at landing. Hopefully, we can get some other big time recruits to join Trupp, Lapointe and Marto for 07.