SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

How I understood the situation is that he was dismissed from the team because the coaches didn't get the type of player they were looking from him.

I've heard that he didn't practice to hard, but it was more off the ice than on the ice problems.

Latest update.

2008:

Forwards:

Done, counting Oshie and Duncan we have 18 forwards, this was likely done on purpose to decrease the size of the 2009 class. The huge class every 4 years is a nasty cycle.

Defense (I think we will need at least 1 more defender, maybe 2):

Corbin McPherson - Cowichan Valley - Big Player, 88 birthdate, 3rd round pick.

Brett Kostolansky - Shattuck-St. Mary's - Top defender, but I'm not sure we will have room.

Other???

2009: (Because of a large roster in 2008 this class may be more normal size)

Forwards:

Ben Hanowski - Little Falls - Gopher fan with a Sioux coach, if he gives us a chance I think he will see that UND fits his style and development needs better.

Zack Budish - Edina - lets hope Finley and Gleason are doing some talking

Sam Alfieri - Shattuck St.Mary's - yet another great Shattuck Forward

Derek Lee - Salmon Arm BCHL - Would he wait until 2009, if he looks at how patience worked for Duncan, he might

Cam Lamoreux - Drumheller AJHL - Family Ties

Tyler Landman - Roseau - Smaller dynamic forward.

Danny Mattson - Holy Angles

Defense:

Cory Fienhage - Eastview - Big Defender

Matt Bruneteau - Yup, that family

Ben Hughes - Shattuck-St. Mary's - I know nothing

Ben Montgomery - Shattuck-St. Mary's - I know nothing

2010:

Forwards:

Greg Lamoreux - Elite Canadian Player

Brett Hebel - Warroad - I'll let the locals comment

Nate Schmidt - St. Cloud Cathedral - Likely to Minnesota

Emerson Etem - Shattuck St. Mary's - top line 92

Guan Wang - Shattuck St. Mary's - top line 92

Defense:

Nick Mattson - Chaska

Nick Bruneteau - Yup, that family

Dominic Racobaldo - Shattuck St. Mary's - top defender 92

Siouxnami's wish list (because hey, my birthday is coming)

1) David Toews 08 (Thanks Hak :silly:)

2) Greg Lamoreux 09-10

3) Nick Mattson 09-10

4) Ben Hanowski 09

5) Derek Lee 09

Latest update.

2008:

Forwards:

Done, counting Oshie and Duncan we have 18 forwards, this was likely done on purpose to decrease the size of the 2009 class. The huge class every 4 years is a nasty cycle.

Brett Kostolansky - Shattuck-St. Mary's - Top defender, but I'm not sure we will have room.

Other???

Forwards:

Ben Hanowski - Little Falls - Gopher fan with a Sioux coach, if he gives us a chance I think he will see that UND fits his style and development needs better.

Derek Lee - Salmon Arm BCHL - Would he wait until 2009, if he looks at how patience worked for Duncan, he might

Defense:

2010:

Forwards:

Defense:

Nick Mattson - Chaska

1) David Toews 08 (Thanks Hak :silly:)

2) Greg Lamoreux 09-10

3) Nick Mattson 09-10

4) Ben Hanowski 09

5) Derek Lee 09

Perfect! I'm glad someone is on top of things. :silly:

On another note, St. Cloud picked up a pretty highly rated foward out of Swiss today named Luca Cunit. He is coming in this fall and was a third round draft pick this year and apparently on the ice he is pretty damn good. According to Chris, it is a bit of a gamble due to some off the ice stuff. In terms of on the ice, it doesn't seem like a bad idea for a school like St. Cloud to take players from non hockey pipeline areas or Europe (Lasch, Nodl, and now this kid). Many of these kids don't know much about college hockey and that would make it easier for those schools to get some top players out of those areas.

On another note, St. Cloud picked up a pretty highly rated foward out of Swiss today named Luca Cunit. He is coming in this fall and was a third round draft pick this year and apparently on the ice he is pretty damn good. According to Chris, it is a bit of a gamble due to some off the ice stuff. In terms of on the ice, it doesn't seem like a bad idea for a school like St. Cloud to take players from non hockey pipeline areas or Europe (Lasch, Nodl, and now this kid). Many of these kids don't know much about college hockey and that would make it easier for those schools to get some top players out of those areas.

I don't think Lasch is European, unless you consider California to be part of Europe.

Latest update.

2008:

Forwards:

Other???

Forwards:

Defense:

2010:

Forwards:

Defense:

Nick Mattson - Chaska

1) David Toews 08 (Thanks Hak ;))

2) Greg Lamoreux 09-10

3) Nick Mattson 09-10

4) Ben Hanowski 09

5) Derek Lee 09

I think you are missing out on a lot of local kids that could be possible recruits. Red River, Grafton, and maybe a former South player could be potentially on this list. Also, there are more family ties out there that could have potential like another Ludwig or Josh Berge.

Maybe even a Roseau goalie to compete with Eidness in the future.

Just thought I would throw out a few names because this is always the most intersting thread. To bad that you never have enough room for all these great kids.

I would also put Landman on top of my wish list. He is a player

I think you are missing out on a lot of local kids that could be possible recruits. Red River, Grafton, and maybe a former South player could be potentially on this list. Also, there are more family ties out there that could have potential like another Ludwig or Josh Berge.

Maybe even a Roseau goalie to compete with Eidness in the future.

Just thought I would throw out a few names because this is always the most intersting thread. To bad that you never have enough room for all these great kids.

I would also put Landman on top of my wish list. He is a player

I agree on landman, hes on my top wish list as well! and a roseau goalie may not be a bad thing as well!!

sounds like a good pick up for the huskies! alright exciled one, whats the goalie situation going to be like since your regular season star is gone? whos next in line there?

Bryce's stats are decent, and he looked pretty good on TV during the state tournament too. He's a smaller speedier guy, but he'll most likely be joining the Huskies in 2009 as a 20-year-old. He should be a good addition after some weight training and seasoning in the USHL. I doubt he'll contend for the scoring title though.

The goalie situation is a huge question mark, as Weslosky has been streaky. Don't be surprised if he platoons with the freshman Dan Dunn. Dunn's fallback is that he's HUGE, so even if he's off his game he still fills up the net. Like I said, a question mark. Though as a fan, I choose to be optomistic.

Bryce's stats are decent, and he looked pretty good on TV during the state tournament too. He's a smaller speedier guy, but he'll most likely be joining the Huskies in 2009 as a 20-year-old. He should be a good addition after some weight training and seasoning in the USHL. I doubt he'll contend for the scoring title though.

The goalie situation is a huge question mark, as Weslosky has been streaky. Don't be surprised if he platoons with the freshman Dan Dunn. Dunn's fallback is that he's HUGE, so even if he's off his game he still fills up the net. Like I said, a question mark. Though as a fan, I choose to be optomistic.

Let me tell you something, Exiled One: SCSU now has a better goaltending tandem than UW and CC despite the lack of experience. Connelly and Weslosky are similar in that they've only seen very limited time against opponents that have the talent to actually beat them. O'Connell has seen even less time and hasn't looked good in the time he's been in. Weslosky looked alright from what I saw. Sure, we beat him when we faced him, but very few teams in the nation, imo, could have beaten us at that time of the season. Will Goephert be missed? Definitely. Is SCSU in trouble in this area? No, not really. Defense may be more of a problem.

Dunn will platoon with Weslosky, especially since both goaltenders need developing and both are NHL draftees (I would think the drafting teams would be in close contact with the Huskies coaching staff about issues specific to their draft choices right from the start).

In my opinion, the top five goaltending tandems in the WCHA:

1. MTU

2. DU

3. UND

4. UMN

5. SCSU

It could have been Bryce Ravndalen...

http://www.sctimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic.../107240010/1002

I don't believe it was him. It's a good pickup for St. Cloud, he's a good player. Unlike what some people are saying on the high school board, I don't consider him a recruiting loss. They never explained to the degree that UND recruited him. He could've easily been offered 1/4 scholarship here and 3/4-to full scholarship at St. Cloud, so he takes what he feels is the better offer.

I don't believe it was him. It's a good pickup for St. Cloud, he's a good player. Unlike what some people are saying on the high school board, I don't consider him a recruiting loss. They never explained to the degree that UND recruited him. He could've easily been offered 1/4 scholarship here and 3/4-to full scholarship at St. Cloud, so he takes what he feels is the better offer.

who knows, i dont care really, its a good pick up for scsu, they have landed some northerners for sure

next........