SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

goalie?

EDIT: maybe Carle? that would be sweet to get him

i bet a d man for 2008 if anyone out there and maybe we can land macwiliam from camrose of ajhl as another d man

im gona say finehage and gleason dont come in til 2009 so maybe 2 more d men for next year total to go with jones, genoway, marto, lapoint and blood

carle will be a pioneer

i bet a d man for 2008 if anyone out there and maybe we can land macwiliam from camrose of ajhl as another d man

im gona say finehage and gleason dont come in til 2009 so maybe 2 more d men for next year total to go with jones, genoway, marto, lapoint and blood

carle will be a pioneer

Finehage is comng next year - a coach told me so.

Who else would be ready for the WCHA in 2008? Kostolansky from Shattuck? Also, does anyone know what happened to Stepan Novotny for Shattuck? Did he go play Junior hockey somewhere?

Novotny committed to DU IIRC. I believe MacWilliam just had a visit so I could see that as a possibility. If we bring in another D-man for 08, I suspect that it will be of the bruising defensive variety.

I still think we need another goalie as well.

maybe not as there cant be many great available recuits out there as of now for 08 being late for 08 recruits and if the coaches feel that way then you go for a 09 and go with eidsness either way anyways in 08. if there is a kid out there for 2009 that they really like to give eidsness a run and a chance to play his last 2 years then you wait for that player instead of jumping the gun because of the grieco situation. im not saying eidsness is a guarenteed superstar at all, thats not my point but you have to be careful with bringing guys in who may not play much if they truly believe that much in eidsness being the man which it seems to be the case.

we really need 1 main d man for next season and if we can get macwiliam that may be the guy to go with jones, genoway, marto, lapoint and blood then add maybe a 7 d man type as well. then finehage and gleason in 09 even though some say finehage will be here next year which could happen but i will go with my idea

Budish to Minnesota.

http://gopherpuck.blogspot.com/

Very nice pickup for the Gophers, he will add some much needed grit and determination. I would have like to see him in Green, but we do have an embarrassment of riches. My prediction is that the Sioux pick up 1 more Blue Chip Defenseman and a goalie for 08, a Blue Chip Forward for 09, and then the 10 class will start to take shape. One of these days I need to do some serious wiki updating...