SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

I saw coach Jackson showing a recruit from Russel Stover around the Union today, look for him to be on the bench tonight during warmups.

does anyone know who UND got a commitment from yesterday? rumour around the rink says UND has received a verbal from the youngest player ever to commit to the program or youngest ever period. :D

does anyone know who UND got a commitment from yesterday? rumour around the rink says UND has received a verbal from the youngest player ever to commit to the program or youngest ever period. :D

Not sure of anything about a commitment, but given your clues, I would suggest Garrett Clarke from Russell Stover who is an offensive defensmen. Another possibility could be Emerson Etem from Shattuck. I don't think either of those would be youngest ever for all of hockey.

Not sure of anything about a commitment, but given your clues, I would suggest Garrett Clarke from Russell Stover who is an offensive defensmen. Another possibility could be Emerson Etem from Shattuck. I don't think either of those would be youngest ever for all of hockey.

I was just going to post that, Garrett Clarke is the highest possibility of that matter.

I was just going to post that, Garrett Clarke is the highest possibility of that matter.

clarke article

Clarke played part of the 2005-06 season for the bantam AAA Moncton Subways and then moved with his family to Green Bay, Wisconsin. He was recruited and played last season for Shattuck-St. Mary's, a prestigious Minnesota hockey program in the U.S. prep school ranks.

Some current National Hockey League players who once suited up for Shattuck-St. Mary's are Sidney Crosby, Jack Johnson, Zach Parise and Jonathan Toews. Clarke had 67 points, including 27 goals, in 66 games while playing for the school last season.

Clarke could've returned to Shattuck-St. Mary's this season, but instead chose to leave Minnesota and move to Missouri. He's continuing his development this season with Russell Stover, a Kansas City under-18 team which is 23-6-3 and No. 6 in the USA national rankings.

"I really enjoyed last season at Shattuck-St. Mary's,'' he said. "The exposure you get at that school is amazing and it was a great experience. I think it helped my career a lot by going there.

little thing i found on him

Russell Stover picked up one of the fastest rising young talents in the game of hockey when they secured the playing rights this summer for 1992 born defenseman Garrett Clarke. Clarke has soared up the rankings lists this summer. Is he the real deal? Will he end up in the QMJHL? Is he NCAA bound? How high do we see him going in the QMJHL draft?

http://www.thescoutingnews.com/index.php?o...64&Itemid=9

also whats his size ?

Garrett Clarke is huge for his age. I met him in Wisconsin, he and another RS player were on a recruiting visit with UND...for some reason they did it in Wisconsin. RS must have played in the area around that time.

I think he was 6-1 or 6-2 at the time.

UND is definitely looking at him pretty strongly.

Clarke is listed at 5'10'' and I think 170. Being that he just turned 15 on November 3rd, I would think that he would most likely grow some more over the next couple of years. He is listed as a 2011 recruit on Heisenberg's site.

He seemed way taller than that 5-10 when I saw him. I'm 5-9 so I think I would notice the difference. Maybe I was just too drunk at the time.

Yeah, Michigan got Jon Merrill to commit at 14 years 9 months I believe. Garret Clarke is 15 years 2 months right now. However Clarke would definitely be the youngest player to commit to the Sioux. I believe Kristo was the youngest and he had just turned 16 when he committed..

At Friday's Sioux Booster luncheon Hakstol said that there were a "couple of recruits" at the midget tourney plus others they were watching.

The way he said it, my friends and I felt he indicated recruits who had committed, i.e. David Toews plus another.

I guess we'll see...

I;d realy like to know if Garret Clarke made a commitment that would be awesome to know..this midget tourney is a pretty good recruiting tool as it brings in all these kids and lets them play games at one of the finest hockey arenas in the world.

I'm about 90% sure it's true.

first off thats young as heck but from what i read this would be a hell of a pick up if so. seems to be a top d man out there for that upcoming age

is there gonna be any worry that in between now and when he gets to school that he might choose to go the major junior route instead? I realize that we're not positive he commited yet and im already talkin about the possibility of him leaving but im just tryin to figure out this kids situation.

Agreed regarding the talent of Ness, but I'm not sure that the Sioux "missed" on him. They recruited him hard, he just chose Minnesota. Whether that is based upon the larger ice sheet and style of play, his father steering him toward Minnesota, or some other reason is unknown.

Like the fact that his girlfriend is the extremely talented and committed Gopher, Sarah Erickson

is there gonna be any worry that in between now and when he gets to school that he might choose to go the major junior route instead? I realize that we're not positive he commited yet and im already talkin about the possibility of him leaving but im just tryin to figure out this kids situation.

of course its a risk that he gets swayed to go major juniors but if he does commit thats a hell of a start to get him to grand forks.

I;d realy like to know if Garret Clarke made a commitment that would be awesome to know..this midget tourney is a pretty good recruiting tool as it brings in all these kids and lets them play games at one of the finest hockey arenas in the world.

I'll say! I heard some player beaming to his folks about the arena and how packed it was for the Friday Michigan Tech game. It was also nice to hear his parents say what a nice town Grand Forks is. Of course we didn't have quite as bad of weather as we did last year during the midget tourney. I'm sure that was the talk of the players last year, especially the ones from Los Angeles.

I'll say! I heard some player beaming to his folks about the arena and how packed it was for the Friday Michigan Tech game. It was also nice to hear his parents say what a nice town Grand Forks is. Of course we didn't have quite as bad of weather as we did last year during the midget tourney. I'm sure that was the talk of the players last year, especially the ones from Los Angeles.

Possibly just in the nick of time, I got Clarke listed as one of the '92s to watch on my blog. Please feel free to add your comments.

http://www.collegehockeyrecruitexchange.blogspot.com/