SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

that actually wouldnt be a bad idea...i would not want to see any player going out like hagemo again.

The advantage of this would be he could come back strong in 2008 and resume his development ans be a key contributer. If he is not 100% I don't think there is ANY chance he will get into next years LOADED lineup.

The advantage of this would be he could come back strong in 2008 and resume his development ans be a key contributer. If he is not 100% I don't think there is ANY chance he will get into next years LOADED lineup.

yeah, im sure hak knows what hes doing with him, whatever they decide will be right

How about no.

Trust me I can't spell my own name half the time but lets try using these.

Shattuck

Shattuck-St. Marys

S-SM

deal?

There is no S on the end of Shattuck even if you use an apostrophe, No S! :D

actually if you say Shattuck's hockey team, I believe that there would be an "s" at the end. it is the possessive form of it. but that is not hockey, so back to prospective recruits, any new names out there?

Not arguing that point. I'm saying that I'm not sure players attend Shattuck to be noticed by UND or to better their chances at playing at UND. A lot of great players have come from the BCHL and from the USHL or from high school hockey other than Shattuck.

It seems ludicrous to me to say "He's going to Shattuck so he'll be on UND's radar."

I was just saying, and perhaps I worded it poorly, that he's heard enough good things about UND's program while at Shattuck that he's at least considered the possibility of playing for UND.

How about no.

Trust me I can't spell my own name half the time but lets try using these.

Shattuck

Shattuck-St. Marys

S-SM

deal?

There is no S on the end of Shattuck even if you use an apostrophe, No S! :D

Come on :silly:

I was just saying, and perhaps I worded it poorly, that he's heard enough good things about UND's program while at Shattuck that he's at least considered the possibility of playing for UND.

i agree, it doesnt mean every kid goes to shattuck to play at UND, we get that, but there is a hell of a pipeline and its still open. these kids can all play big time hockey and most seem to be going to big time d-1 programs. und has just been the most attended overall since zpar came..........

I think that would be a fair assessment.

I guess I didn't take your initial post literally, but just that UND had a pipeline to Shattuck which might cause more players to at least take a look at UND. Which makes sense, especially when you have administrators at Shattuck like Parise and Stafford that had kids go to UND. The word of mouth from those two alone would hold a lot of weight I suspect.

I guess I didn't take your initial post literally, but just that UND had a pipeline to Shattuck which might preclude players to at least take a look at UND. Which makes sense, especially when you have administrators at Shattuck like Parise and Stafford that had kids go to UND. The word of mouth from those two alone would hold a lot of weight I suspect.

I don't think it hurts seeing what kids like Parise, Toews, Chorney and Duncan have done at UND. Also, the committment to go to UND to play by Genoway, Chorney, Toews and other can't hurt. We also got Ben Blood and could get Toews' little brother.

are there and local grand forks players on the sioux radar?? or any coming up for red river or central in the next couple years that could be? thanks

Pat Arnason, Eric Meland, Ryan LaDouceur, and Jarrett Galbreath from Red River. All four are juniors this year.

Pat Arnason, Eric Meland, Ryan LaDouceur, and Jarrett Galbreath from Red River. All four are juniors this year.

so all 4 are d-1 prospects then or potential sioux/wcha hopefuls....what positions for each? thanks a lot!

All four could possibly be Sioux prospects. Arnason is a goalie, Meland a forward and LaDouceur and Galbreath are defensemen. Stats can be seen at http://www.gfparks.org/ndaha/grandforksredriver.html

Arnason is not going to be a goalie for the Sioux he isn't even the best goalie in the ND highschool system. In fact Riders 06 I will make a wager that he won't be given much of look.

Arnason is not going to be a goalie for the Sioux he isn't even the best goalie in the ND highschool system. In fact Riders 06 I will make a wager that he won't be given much of look.

he wouldn't be unless he played at least a year of juniors first. We already have three goalies for in two years when Phil has just graduated. Aaron, Anthony, and the recruit that I can't think of his name right now.

he wouldn't be unless he played at least a year of juniors first. We already have three goalies for in two years when Phil has just graduated. Aaron, Anthony, and the recruit that I can't think of his name right now.

I watched a lot of HS hockey in Grand Forks this season and that kid doesn't seem to be of the same ilk as a division one talent. When Phil was in HS he was dominating. This kid isn't dominating. The best goalies I think North Dakota had was the kid from Fargo South Sean Deichert, the kid from D.L. Danny Groves and the Grafton goalie Mike Sand.

Walski?

Brad Eidsness

I watched a lot of HS hockey in Grand Forks this season and that kid doesn't seem to be of the same ilk as a division one talent. When Phil was in HS he was dominating. This kid isn't dominating. The best goalies I think North Dakota had was the kid from Fargo South Sean Deichert, the kid from D.L. Danny Groves and the Grafton goalie Mike Sand.

Not saying Arnason is a D1 talent or not, but he did play better against Deichert head to head. Didn't Deichert give up 8 goals against Red River, or did he get pulled before that? He also wasn't that impressive at the state tournament. You certainly can't argue with Arnason's numbers. True he played for a very good team, but then again so did Deichert.

http://www.gfparks.org/ndaha/goalieleaders.html