SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

By the way, for all the people that were ready to offer a scholarship to Wayne Gretzky's son, he's playing on the Midget AA team at Shattuck.

So what are you saying that he might not be scholarship worthy? AAA and AA, is there that much of a difference? Finally what level where the kids that were here for the last Midget tourney at the REA? Where they AAA?

So what are you saying that he might not be scholarship worthy? AAA and AA, is there that much of a difference? Finally what level where the kids that were here for the last Midget tourney at the REA? Where they AAA?

The AA team is 4th team out of Shattuck.

The Prep team is the top team. They play against Midget AAA teams, Junior A teams, high school teams as well as some college teams. The team will also represent Minnkota District (Minnesota) of USA Hockey at the Tier 1 Midget National Tournament. The AAA team is players who are generally juniors and seniors who werent good enough for the prep team. They play a variety of games against Midget AAA, High School and Junior teams. The U-16 team is usualy kids who are obviously U-16 and will most likely make the jump to the prep team as juniors and seniors. The U16 team plays an independent schedule, competes in several tournaments around the country and will represent the Minnkota District of USA Hockey at the U16 National Tournament. And the AA team is usually freshmen and sophomores and a few older kids who won't get past the AAA level at Shattuck. The Midget AA team plays an independent schedule against Minnesota Junior Gold, High school Junior Varsity teams.

Saw Wade Poplawski the other night and he looked very very good. Kid is a smooth skater, much better than his older brother. Reminds me of James Patrick (remember him?). The game looks absolutely effortless for him which is similar to his dad who was an outstanding athlete as well. Stays square to the best skaters on the ice without any trouble. Great on the point with perfect vision, doesn't have to look at the puck at all when he is trying to find the seams. What can I say, he would be perfect for the Sioux, but......

Looks like a long shot since he has several offers from out east. Holy Cross is one of them. Dad said he is a bit of an Academic so Holy Cross or another Ivy League school is likely where he is going.

Saw Wade Poplawski the other night and he looked very very good. Kid is a smooth skater, much better than his older brother. Reminds me of James Patrick (remember him?). The game looks absolutely effortless for him which is similar to his dad who was an outstanding athlete as well. Stays square to the best skaters on the ice without any trouble. Great on the point with perfect vision, doesn't have to look at the puck at all when he is trying to find the seams. What can I say, he would be perfect for the Sioux, but......

Looks like a long shot since he has several offers from out east. Holy Cross is one of them. Dad said he is a bit of an Academic so Holy Cross or another Ivy League school is likely where he is going.

I would love to see him play for the Sioux but I fear he will commit elsewhere before there is an sure opening for him.

I very much appreciate your posts. You are one of the few posters who brings up names of interesting players that we really don't get to hear about anywhere else. Thank you.

does anybody know if brad malone visited UND recently...i was under the impression that he was going to within the last week, but that may have been wrong. also if anybody knows any new info on riley nash...word is that he is wanted by UND (again...word). any new info would be appreciated

does anybody know if brad malone visited UND recently...i was under the impression that he was going to within the last week, but that may have been wrong. also if anybody knows any new info on riley nash...word is that he is wanted by UND (again...word). any new info would be appreciated

UND is one of nash's 5 finalists mentioned in the malone thread.

not sure if malone has visited yet

That could definatly be him... I don't think there are too many red headed recruits... so I figured it would narrow it down

Salmon Arm has a break in the schedule, so it was very likely Riley. I hope he liked what he saw. Sounded like good energy for a preseason game.

Noticed Gregoire scored a goal in Lincoln's exibition game on Sept 29. News report suggested that he actually scored two goals. Can't really get any other info on the other games that they played.

This kid is not getting any press down in Lincoln, Yet!

There was a recruit at the game tonight... red hair, about the same height as Eades... any guesses?

It was Brad Malone. I actually talked to him for a bit. I posted this in another thread but apparently not everyone saw it. He said its definetely down to us and Wisconsin and he will make his choice in the near future as he already visited Wisconsin. He was very impressed by the arena and I let him know that the crowd at the game was nothing compared to what he would see during the regular season. He laughed and said I can't imagine. He seemed to be having a good time too.

don't know if this has been posted.. but John Lee (brian's) younger brother will go to denver. john is a senior who is playing for waterloo right now.

wonder if the sioux pursued him at all... always love to have the brother combinations.

WDAY in Fargo said that the Sioux had been talking to him.

WDAY in Fargo said that the Sioux had been talking to him.

I'm sure that they were, but they may be more interested in Jeff Foss of Moorhead, who is one of the top defensemen in Minnesota. He made Tri-City, but decided to return for his senior year of high school. I'm pretty sure that the Sioux have been talking with him.